beach holidays on the south coast of england for families
- Forget the south of France. If you want to explore beautiful beaches, experience traditional culture and enjoy a relaxing, peaceful, family beach holiday, look no further than the south of England.
- Broadstairs in Kent is an absolute must see if you want to appreciate the finest in English beach holidays. Full of Victorian charm, Charles Dickens was a regular visitor to the area, spending many a holiday in Bleak House, where he wrote David Copperfield. The Dickens House Museum is sited in the former home of Mary Pearson Strong, who was the personality behind the fictional Betsey Trotwood, and crammed full of Dickens related artefacts and prints.
- The town itself has countless family friendly restaurants and bars, but the real highlights are its seven beaches and bays, offering something for everyone. Budding surfers can take in surf lessons at Joss Bay, while Botany Bay has incredible white cliffs and chalk stacks. Viking Bay, the town's main beach, gives you everything from children's rides and beach huts through to a cliff-top promenade
- Over in Sussex, Bognor Regis is famous for its sunshine and beaches, making it a popular site with even royalty! The East Bognor Regis beach won a 2014 Seaside Award and is geared towards families with its free Kid Care armband scheme in the summer months. Boasting a long promenade, suitable for buggies, you can roam along the strand and take in the incredible views. The promenade train can take you all the way down to Aldwick Beach, a shingle beach with easy access to the Marine Park Gardens and West Park. If you're looking for something out of the ordinary, why not watch the annual international Bognor Birdman competition on the Bognor Regis pier?
- Turning our attention to Hampshire, its magnificent Solent coastline has everything your family could ask for, from cultural and historical attractions through to nature reserves, country parks and, of course, beautiful beaches. Visit Portsmouth and you can explore the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, where HMS Victory and HMS Warrior 1860 are kept, as well as Action Stations, an interactive museum your children will love. Close by is Hayling Island, where you'll find five miles of Blue Flag beaches and nature reserves, as well as a miniature railway.
- If you're interested in submarines, Gosport gives you the opportunity to get inside a real one at the Royal Navy Submarine Museum and maritime enthusiasts will love the change to get hands on at Explosion! The Museum of Naval Firepower. Arrive in style on the Gosport ferry and enjoy the various sailing and windsurfing activities provided on the waterfront.
- Of course, no discussion of the English South coast would be complete without mentioning Brighton. Ranked as one of the top 10 city beach break locations in the world, Brighton Pier is internationally renowned, while the pebble beach has plenty of beachside and water sport activities available. Hove Lagoon Watersports offers lessons for children from just £35 and if you prefer, you can hire a paddle board or kayak for a mere £10.
- Wherever you decide to go, your family will all agree that nothing beats a south English beach holiday. Whatever the weather, you'll have the time of your life!
- If you are interested in going further west, for example, Dorset, Somerset, Devon or Cornwall then click on one of our other blog postings "Beach holidays in south west England for families" for more information.
- If you are looking for holiday accommodation near the beach on the south coast of England during 2015, then I should be able to help you. I work directly with both owners and also with a number of different, reputable holiday companies to give you the best possible choice of where to stay. So, click here to contact me if you would like me to help - oh, and yes, it is a FREE service!!
- Alternatively, if you would like to discuss your requirements over the telephone, might I suggest you give one of my partners a call?
- For the UK & Ireland: 01244 352 241 – they are open from 9am to 9.30pm every day. Sykes Cottages are always happy to just offer advice or take bookings if they can find somewhere you like.
- Failing that, here are some of my other contacts for family holidays on the south coast of England for 2015 - click on the names for more information:
- Article By Sophie Childs and Lucilla Paull.
- Please click contact me if you would like to leave some comments on my article and I will add them here
Beach holidays on the Kent coast for families
Beach holidays on the Sussex coast for families
Beach holidays on the Hampshire coast for families
Beach holidays in Brighton for families
great deals on booking your beach holiday on the english south coast
|Sykes Cottages have over 4,000 cottages which have been individually inspected. Winners of the British Travel Awards - Best Large UK Cottage/Self Catering Booking Company in 2013 & 2014. Click the red title heading for cottages from £129/wk this winter & 2015 holidays from £124. Or telephone 01244 352241 if you need some help - lines open until 9.30pm every day!|
|Hoseasons Holidays - holiday cottages, lodges, holiday parks or boating holidays all over the UK with plenty on offer in south west England. Click the red title heading for up to £200 off school summer holidays, 2015 Easter breaks from just £215 all with a low deposit of just £25 on 2015 holidays. Not to mention last minute breaks from £169. Please book online via this link if possible|
|Hoburne Holiday Parks, 4*&5* rated in south & south west England: luxury static caravans, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, kids clubs, beach locations. Seven top quality holiday parks in Dorset, Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. Click the red title heading for latest offers including 10% off 2015 holidays (ends 15th Feb). Please book online via this link if possible - thank you.|
|Park Resorts, UK - offers 48 fantastic Holiday Parks in a mix of coastal and lakeside locations across the UK with plenty of activities for the whole family. Self catering accommodation in mobile homes, apartments, chalets, lodges and even hotels at 2 parks! All available at unbeatable prices for a family holiday. Click the red title to save up to 30% on your 2015 holiday if you book by 28 Feb. Please book online via this link if possible - thank you.|
|Haven Holiday Parks - 35 award winning family holiday parks close to some of Britain's favourite seaside resorts. Self catering accomodation available for a variety of budgets - caravans, mobile homes, apartments, glamping. Swimming pools, kids clubs, evening entertainment and more. Click the red title for latest deals including book before 31 Jan for up to 50% off spring, early summer & autumn holidays and up to 25% on all other dates. Plus best price guarantee. Please book online via this link if possible - thank you.|
|Cottages.com, UK - family friendly holiday cottages all over the UK including the south coast of England. Click the red title heading to save on weekly holidays in the UK including cosy winter retreats from £94 per person, February half term from £295 and a small £25 deposit on all summer holiday bookings. Please book online via this link if possible - thank you.|