easter holidays 2014 - ideas for the whole family
As I write the sun is shining outside, it is warming up after an early frost and the Spring bulbs are finally adding a bright touch to the garden. Spring has arrived so that means so have the Easter school holidays. Some children finished as early as the end of March whereas others have only just finished prior to the Easter Sunday on the 20th April.
- Easter is a great time to head off for a holiday or short break – prices are good value for money given that it is school holidays & we all know how much prices normally rise during those! The weather can be a little hit & miss if you want to go somewhere local in the UK, Ireland or northern France for example, but generally speaking whenever we have been away at this time of the year, we have been really lucky. If you want to go skiing, then the snow reports from Europe are still very good (( skied Val d'Isere & Sainte Foy just last week) with many resorts already predicting good snow coverage right up to Easter weekend. So I thought I would do my best to suggest a few ideas if you want to get away as a family this Easter.
- Many holiday cottages offer added incentives at this time of the year & I have found a few special offers but also they "celebrate" Easter in style with themed activities like an Easter Egg Hunt or join in during the lambing season.
Holidays in the UK at Easter
- Easter Egg Hunts are being offered at both Clydey Holiday Cottages and Asheston Eco Lodges in Pembrokeshire – a stunning part of the UK in south west Wales. It is a county that is often overlooked by travellers but when we went we loved it and thought it was rather like a "quieter" version of Cornwall that was a whole lot easier to travel around.
- Lambing season is also upon us and our cottages with farm animals are all reporting exciting new arrivals such as Bosinver Farm Cottages and Tredethick Farm Cottages in Cornwall. I have been to Tredethick "off season" in early November and we thought it was gorgeous with plenty for the kids to do regardless of the weather so at this time of year I am sure it is even better.
- Special Offers are very much still available for Easter holidays & short breaks so today I have updated the website with the latest deals that I could find including up to 25% off Easter weekend. So if you want to get away, it is not too late! Click here for all the latest special offers in the UK.
- Article By Lucilla Paull
comments on easter holiday guide
- Please click contact me if you would like to leave some comments on my article and I will add them here