ideal family skiing holidays with Pierre et Vacances
- If you're thinking of introducing your family to the delights of skiing or you already have a household full of ski fans, then a Pierre et Vacances holiday resort is the ideal destination for you. With special offers and deals available all year round, such as free skiing for children over the Christmas and Easter periods at selected ski resorts, it's always a good time to go skiing with Pierre et Vacances.
Who are Pierre et Vacances?
- Pierre et Vacances are very family friendly, with plenty of thoughtful touches to ensure that everyone enjoys their holiday, no matter how young or old they are. Pierre et Vacances Premium's visitors receive a welcome gift waiting for them in their accommodation, setting the tone for the rest of the stay. They are part of the more familiar Center Parcs group and we all know how family friendly they are! They have luxury catered and self catering accommodation in all the top ski resorts in France as well as the less well known hidden gems of the French Alps. Oh, and they also do summer holidays in styles in France, Spain & Portugal too!
Award winning service & ski resorts
- They offer a dedicated customer service which has paid off with various awards such as 2013 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. They also offer quality accommodation in award winning family resorts such as Avoriaz, the winner of Best Family Ski Resort at the World Snow Awards 2012.
- Located above Morzine, Avoriaz is part of the Portes du Soleil ski area, part of the biggest ski area in Europe. Easily accessible from the resort are 50 slopes, including plenty for beginners to explore, but you also have an impressive 266 slopes to choose from, including 25 black slopes, should you wish to travel further afield. Pierre et Vacances cover all ranges of budget with 3 – 5 star accommodation, the streets of Avoriaz are car-free, making it very safe for children, so you can relax and enjoy your stay. What's more, your children will love the horse-drawn sleigh ride that transports you and your luggage to your apartment, perfect for a special treat! If you love your winter stay so much you want to come back, you can get an impressive 50% discount with your winter lift pass if you return in the summer.
Kids clubs at ski resorts from Pierre et Vacances
- If you'd like some time to yourself while you're away, Pierre et Vacances offer Holiday Village Children's Clubs for children aged from 3 months to 17 years old. Offering age appropriate activities geared towards babies and toddlers, kids and teens, there's plenty to keep the children out of mischief while you explore the slopes or relax in the spa. If you want something out of the ordinary, book your child in for one of their thematic courses, based around various concepts such as secret agents, DJing, fashion with Barbie, circus skills and, of course, plenty of sports courses. You may need to book in advance, so check when you make your online booking that your child's place is guaranteed.
Famille Plus ski resorts - ultra family friendly
- Resorts with the Famille Plus label are particularly geared towards families, guaranteeing you a warm welcome from the moment you arrive. These ultra family friendly ski resorts offer free activities for children aged 6 to 12 during the French school holidays that often coincide with UK school holidays. Your child can benefit from 3 half days a week with experienced play leaders, with craft activities, treasure hunts, snake-glissing and more, as well as afternoon treats including pancakes, popcorn and candyfloss. Famille Plus ski resorts include Courchevel 1850, Font-Romeu, Les Carroz d'Arâches, Les Coches, Les Menuires,Saint-Lary-Soulan, Serre-Chevalier, Val d'Isère, Valmorel and Val Thorens.
Family friendly ski holiday accommodation
- Pierre et Vacances offer both catered and self catering family ski holiday accommodation, normally in purpose built Residences. Most are ski in/ski out so there is none of that hassle of carrying kids skis onto buses etc. All of them have ski lockers for easy storage and the actual apartments are superbly equipped with dishwashers, microwaves and kids equipment.
- In many of their Residences, they have created areas especially for toddlers, with furniture, games, soft toys and books, in the reception areas. When your children want to unwind at the end of a long day, if you've booked a Pierre et Vacances premium stay, you can take advantage of free Playstation loans and many resorts offer night time storytelling by the fire over Christmas and during February, perfect for a cold, dark, winter's night.
- In addition, there are many Residences on offer with indoor swimming pools, hot tubs, saunas & spa treaments. Because holidays are for enjoying to the full, PV offer a range of different activities for non-skiers in the family: spa treatments, snow-shoeing, dog-sledging… a perfect opportunity to experience something new!
- Of course, Pierre and Vacances will sort out skiing hire and lessons for all ages and abilities to make your ski holiday extra easy. So if your child has never skied before, they'll soon pick up the basics with the help of their expert teachers. They even organise tobogganing and snowman building to make the most of the wintry weather!
Catering options on your ski holiday with PV
- In terms of the catering service they offer there are 3 options:
- Bakery Service: place your order the day before, and pop to reception next morning to enjoy fresh bread and croissants for breakfast. Alternatively reserve either a premium breakfast or English breakfast before your holiday and get it delivered directly to your apartment every day.
- Home Delivery Service for groceries: At most of our Alpine destinations, we offer a delivery service, to make your self catering holiday even more convenient and enjoyable. No more loading the car boot with shopping or the chore of visiting the supermarket the moment you arrive! Just order things 5 days before leaving home for them to be delivered direct to your apartment.
- 3 meal packages: Reserve before departure for half board, full board or on a one-off meal card basis so you can pretty much enjoy a catered holiday whenever you want with all the benefits of a comfortable self catering apartment too. And meals are free for children under 4!
Pierre et Vacances family skiing holiday
- With a LOWEST PRICE guarantee, flexible dates & departures plus a snow guarantee, offering you the chance to change your departure dates in the event of a lack of snow, you know you're in for first class customer service every step of the way. Once you've experienced a Pierre et Vacances family skiing trip, you'll want to come back time and again.
- Oh & don't forget to book online as that way you ALWAYS save more money with their voucher codes and you help me out too so I can keep offering you the best service I can with Recommended Family Holidays, thank you.
- PS. If it's any help, I always book our family skiing holiday with Pierre et Vacances. This season we are off to stay at their Premium Residence - Les Hauts Bois in Aime La Plagne - I will let you know what it was like when we get back!
- Article By Sophie Childs and Lucilla Paull.
comments on the blog - family skiing holidays with Pierre et Vacances
- Please click contact me if you would like to leave some comments on my article and I will add them here