holiday enquiries - searches for family holidays in wales
I have a great deal of emails asking for help to find a holiday & I thought it might be an idea if I included the results of these holiday enquiries in my blog. Perhaps it might just provide that inspiration you need yourself & spark some ideas for your own holidays? So here we go.
Request: Last Minute Holiday Anywhere in Wales for a family of 4 with pool in August
- 2 adults, 2 children
- Week beginning Monday 18th Agusut 2014 for 7 nights
- Location: anywhere in Wales but a sea view would be nice
- Requirements: a private swimming pool would be a bonus
- Budget: up to £1,000/wk
- Enquiry date: 28 June 2014
- I have had a good look around both with the owners I work with directly & with the holiday partners. At this stage, to be quite honest, getting a private swimming pool for that week would be very, very difficult & is likely to cost more than your budget even if I could find one – sorry. In addition, annoyingly for you as I know you want to go Monday to Monday, most holiday cottages only work either Friday to Friday or Saturday to Saturday in peak summer holiday periods – the only exception to this rule would be some of the holiday lodge type accommodation as offered by Hoseasons because they still allow short weekend breaks even in the peak summer holidays.
- Anyway, having said that here are a few ideas & hopefully something here will hit the brief but please let me know if you think I can be of any further help:
option 1: sykes holiday cottages in wales - tenby with sea views
- Option 1: Sykes Cottages have somewhere in the region of 120 cottages available in Wales during that week but only from Friday 15th or Saturday 16th. They don't have any properties available with a swimming pool at all, however they do have 14 cottages within 5 miles of the coast. The one property that I think really stood out for me was a ground floor apartment in a historic Georgian terrace in the seaside town of Tenby, Pembrokeshire, SW Wales. But the thing that really appealed were the superb sea views across North Beach. I know Tenby very well having been on holiday here with my two boys when they were about 5 and 6 – there is loads to do in the area & it is absolutely stunning scenery. If your children are that bit older than mine, they will still find this area a superb holiday choice with lots to do. My kids favourite was cycling along the superb beaches around Tenby & also the off road trail around the coast going east from Tenby – we liked that one as there was a pub at the end of it!! Anyway, I digress. The price for that week in this 2 bedroom apartment is £703 and here are some photos, plus a link to their website. The property ID is 913260 and you can book online or give Sykes a call on 01244 352241 – Sykes offer a superb advice service so if this isn't right, they will do their very best to help you. They are open from 9am to 9.30pm 7 days a week so give them a call or click here for more details!
option 2: hoseasons holiday lodges in wales - bay view resort with pool
- Option 2: Hoseasons have 36 cottages available for that week in the whole of Wales but again sadly none of them have a swimming pool. Therefore I looked at their lodges or log cabins as an option and they have 55 holiday lodges in 19 different locations, of them, 16 have a shared, indoor heated swimming pool. If you haven't stayed in a holiday lodge before, I think you might be surprised. As a family, we went for our first experience in a lodge at Darwin Forest in Derbyshire two years ago now & we are completely sold on the idea so go back in the October half term holiday every year.
- Again, there was one standout option – Bay View resort, Laughame, Carmarthenshire in South Wales. Commanding breathtaking views over the spectacular Bay of Camarthen to the North Devon coast, onsite there is an indoor heated pool, games room, tennis courts, gym, crazy golf & a children's adventure playground. Nearby there is walking, horse riding, fishing, golf, historic castles and family attractions abound in the surrounding countryside, while nearby Oakwood – Wales' best-loved theme park – and Folly Farm offer un-missable treats for kids. Again, they only have availability from that Saturday for a week but the 2 bedroom lodges are currently on special offer with a whopping £264 off for that week, bringing the price back within your budget, now it's just £792/wk. If you like this one, please could I ask you to book online by clicking here.
By booking online, I receive a small commission that allows me to offer help to you and other families via Recommended Family Holidays – many thanks.
option 3: bluestone wales in pembrokeshire - ultimate in family friendly!
- Option 3: Bluestone Wales, Pembrokeshire I did, of course, look at this place as it is probably the best luxury holiday park in the country – it's a bit like a cheaper version of the more well-known Center Parcs with loads of onsite activities, an indoor swimming pool or should I say adventure pool that when I took my kids there, they wouldn't actually leave plus very, very nice accommodation. Although I say cheaper, sadly your budget didn't quite stretch that far as the week from the Friday in mid-August is £1,348/wk however they do have mid-week accommodation from Monday 18th August to Friday 22nd August for £799 which is why I thought it would be a good idea to include this place. Bluestone is so popular with families & I know many people who go back there for year after year as it is so good and Pembrokeshire is so beautiful. Anyway, it might be a good idea to take a look? Again, please may I ask that if you like it, you book online by clicking here? Thank you.
- Article By Lucilla Paull
comments on this finding your holiday in wales article
- Please click contact me if you would like to leave some comments on my article and I will add them here