uk october half term breaks - or suitable anytime in autumn or winter!
- With the summer holidays already a dim and distant memory, it's time to give yourself something to look forward to with a short break during the October half term. There are lots of bargains to be had and plenty of locations that will entertain the whole family, no matter what the weather's like.
- Bluestone National Park Resort in Pembrokeshire offers a wealth of activities geared towards all age groups. You can take advantage of the Blue Lagoon Water Park, filled with pools, flumes and kids' areas. Whether you want to go wild in the water or relax and float away, there's something for everyone.
- If you don't want to get wet, the Adventure Centre is a fully covered play area jam packed with soft play, bouncy castles, discovery zones, baby sensory area and more, so even the youngest family members can have a great time. What's more, the free WiFi means you can browse the net while your children play.
- The Free Rangers offer complimentary entertainment every day and there's an onsite babysitting service should you fancy a little adult-only time, perhaps taking in the Spa. If your children argue over what activity to try first, why not head over to the Tournament Field, where they can settle their differences with crossbows or laser rifles?
- At the opposite end of the UK, the Crieff Hydro Hotel in Perthshire is another fantastic choice for an October break. This hotel complex offers an impressive selection of indoor and outdoor activities to suit all tastes and ages. If you want to try out something different, book your children in for a Hydro Hero activity bundle including mini quad bikes (or mini quad pods for younger children), water walkers and the zip line.
- Budding sport stars are spoilt for choice with everything from football and basketball through to croquet and horse riding, while the sauna and Victorian spa allows parents to relax and unwind while the children are off on their adventures.
- A mere 15 minutes away, the Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre is home to over 70 species of animals and lets you handle some of the inhabitants, including chicks rabbits and tortoises. The play barn gives the children somewhere to play if it's raining and there's also falconry displays, as well as the Torlum Coffee Shop, which has stunning views over the Perthshire hills.
- White Cross Bay Holiday Park in Windermere, Cumbria, is a pet friendly location that is fantastic for families. Set in the heart of the idyllic Lake District, it's the perfect base from which to explore local attractions, such as the World of Beatrix Potter, a museum dedicated to the charming series of children's stories she wrote and stuffed full of interactive displays. For the daredevils in your family, Via Ferrata at Honister Pass is a unique journey across Honister Crag, enjoying unparalleled views as you climb across the mountain.
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park has free roaming animals, such as limas, kangaroos and emus, giving it a much more intimate feel than many zoos. You can even hand feed giraffes and penguins. As if that wasn't enough, the Lakes Aquarium is house to the UK's largest collection of freshwater fish and includes an underwater walk along a recreation of Windermere's lake bed so you can see the local aquatic life in its natural habitat.
- The resort itself has plenty of onsite entertainment, including an indoor heated pool and gym, as well as entertainment, a games area, amusement arcade and children's outdoor play area, so if you prefer to spend the day unwinding in the holiday park, there's still lots to keep the kids happy.
- Down in Cornwall, Atlantic Reach in Newquay is an award winning self-catering site perfect for family breaks. Pirate Pete, the resort's mascot, oversees a wide range of children's activities and entertainments, so the parents can put their feet up knowing there's plenty on offer for children of all ages. Atlantic Reach has both an indoor and outdoor pool and the Pirate Ship inflatable often makes an appearance at the indoor site. In addition, there's a large adventure playground, including mini zip wire, as well as tennis and golf.
- The Kid's Club runs throughout all the school holidays, so you know your children are in safe hands, enjoying anything from football and street surfing through to raft building, orienteering and street dancing. There is even arts and crafts activities as well as live entertainment in the evenings.
- Whichever holiday location you choose to visit, the whole family will have an amazing time. Half term holidays offer a great opportunity to spend time together and with the first class facilities on offer, the days will fly past until everyone's back at school again.
- If you are looking for holiday accommodation this Autumn or Winter, or even at the busier October half term, then I should be able to help you. I work directly with both owners and also with a number of different, reputable holiday companies to give you the best possible choice of where to stay. So, click here to contact me if you would like me to help - oh, and yes, it is a FREE service!!
- Alternatively, if you would like to discuss your requirements over the telephone, might I suggest you give my partner a call on 01244 352 241 – they are open from 9am to 9.30pm every day & are always happy to just offer advice or take bookings if they can find somewhere you like. Failing that, here are some of my other contacts for short breaks in the UK - click on the names for more information:
- Article By Sophie Childs and Lucilla Paull.
- Please click contact me if you would like to leave some comments on my article and I will add them here
Bluestone Wales Resort, Pembrokeshire, South West Wales
Crieff Hydro Hotel & Self Catering, Perthshire, eastern Scotland
White Cross Bay Holiday Park, Lake Windermere, Cumbria, NW England
Atlantic Reach Resort, Newquay, Cornwall, SW England
autumn & winter breaks in the uk including october half term
|Sykes Cottages have over 4,000 cottages across the UK and Ireland all of which have been individually inspected. Winners of the British Travel Awards - Best Large UK Cottage/Self Catering Booking Company in 2013. Click the red title heading for cottages from £176/wk this autumn & up to 20% off hundreds of cottages - TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GREAT VALUE AUTUMN BREAKS! Or telephone 01244 352241 if you need some help - lines open until 9.30pm every day!|
|Hoseasons Holidays all over the UK - holiday cottages or boating holidays all over the UK. Click the red title heading for October half term short breaks from £215.|
|Park Holidays, all over southern & eastern England: luxury static caravans, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, kids clubs, beach locations. Click the red title heading for 2014 bookings - 4 nights from £69!!|
|Haven Holiday Parks, all over the UK - family friendly seaside holiday parks. Caravans, mobile homes, apartments, glamping. Click the red title heading for Autumn holiday breaks from now to 2 November (excluding school holidays) at only £129 for the whole family.|
|Church Farm Stables, Buckland Newton, Dorset, SW England - a 4* rated holiday cottage with 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms in an Area of Outstanding Beauty in West Dorset. Sandy beaches on the south coast are within easy reach plus golf, fishing, riding, tennis & cycling are all nearby. Autumn & Winter availability at only £650/wk.|
|Bluestone Wales, Pembrokeshire - luxury holiday village with both lodge & cottage accommodation to sleep 2-14 people each plus numerous onsite acitivites. The huge leisure pool is a great hit with the kids, as is the indoor adventure centre & high ropes course. Its also near the beach. Ideal all year round holiday destination for short family breaks or longer holidays. In my opinion its a bit like a more luxurious, cheaper version of Center Parcs. Click the red title heading for the latest prices & availability. 10% off all holidays when booking online.|