Fistral Court, Fistral Beach, Cornwall - 2 beds, shared & heated pool
Church Farm Stables, Buckland Newton, Dorset - 4*, 2 en suite beds
Clydey Luxury holiday cottages, Pembrokeshire, Wales with pool
Bluestone Wales, Pembrokeshire - luxury accommodation & activities
Mariners Belle, St Ives - 2 bed apartment in the heart of the town
september short breaks in the uk - great last minute deals for families
- For many parents, September marks the end of the school holidays and with the return of children to school, a chance to get back to their regular routine. However, if you're the parent of pre-school aged children or home educating, September offers one of the best opportunities to have a brilliant family holiday at a fraction of what you would have paid in August.
- September weather tends to be perfect for holidaying. It's still warm enough to enjoy outdoor activities, but it's not so hot that everyone's sweltering and struggling to sleep at night or worrying about the impact of heat on any little ones. Usually, attractions maintain their summer opening hours until October or November, so you have the chance to get out and about for as long as you like, but without the crowds. While some families choose to go on holiday shortly before the summer break, few like their children to miss out on those crucial first few weeks back in full time education, which means that you may well find yourselves enjoying some of the top tourist sites with very few people around.
- Many September holidays are now available at a discount, so it's a great time to take advantage of some last minutes deals. For example, Church Farm Stables in Buckland Newton, Dorset is offering accommodation for £650 a week from 12th September. This 4* rated holiday cottage offers 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is well located in an Area of Outstanding Beauty, so you know you're in for a treat when it comes to idyllic scenery to explore. There are endless sandy beaches to build sandcastles on, as well as a host of other activities such as riding and cycling on offer. Younger children will love the farm at Honeybrook, which has a great adventure playground as well as a selection of nature based activities. Or you might like to visit Adventure Wonderland. Themed around Alice in Wonderland, it has lots of exciting rides as well as a well-appointed indoor play area.
- Another great location for family holidays is Newquay in Cornwall. 2 bedroomed Fistral Court Apartment overlooks the ever popular Fistral Beach and comes with shared use of a heated swimming pool, perfect for when the sea's that bit too cold or choppy. Recommended Family Holidays members can benefit from £100 off any week's booking in September by quoting "RFH" and once you're comfortably settled into your apartment, you have the whole of Cornwall at your fingertips. There's so much for children in the area. Animal lovers can visit Newquay Zoo or Blue Reef Aquarium, while Dairyland Farm World has 12,000 square feet of indoor play, perfect for when the weather's not great. Another great activitiy is the Lappa Valley Steam Railway, which has a 2 mile track for its steam trains as well as a leisure park, crazy golf, miniature railways and woodland walks. Even better, everything's included in the admission fee with the exception of the coin-operated electric cars, which cost a mere £1.
- South West Wales is always good for families and Clydey Holiday Cottages in Pembrokeshire are offering up to £400 off Snowdrop Cottage (2 bedrooms) if you arrive on any Friday during September, including a free creche session for 4 hours in the afternoon at their children's club. Just quote RFHSEPT when you book. These cottages offer luxury facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool and outdoor hot tub and offers on site activities for children with an indoor soft play and animal feeding times every day. Or for a cheaper option, you could try Bluestone Wales in Pembrokeshire which in my opinion is a bit like a more luxurious, cheaper version of Center Parcs with all the facilities you could imagine. September weekend short breaks from £299 or mid week from £279 for a 2 bed lodge with 10% off when booking online for all holidays.
- If you want to explore the local area of Pembrokeshire, Folly Farm makes for a great day out for children, with rides as well as traditional zoo activities and Oakwood Theme Park has rollercoasters suitable for children as young as 2 that still manage to thrill the grownups. There's also plenty for history buffs, such as Castell Henllys Iron Age fort, which gives you the chance to dress up as a Celtic warrior, or Carew Castle for medieval fun.
- Once you've been away in September, you'll realise what a great time it is for family holidays and you'll find yourself planning next year's trip for the same time.
- If you are looking for accommodation during September, then I should be able to help you. I work directly with both owners and also with a number of different, reputable holiday companies to give you the best possible choice of where to stay. So, click here to contact me if you would like me to help - oh, and yes, it is a FREE service!!
- Alternatively, if you would like to discuss your requirements over the telephone, might I suggest you give my partner a call on 01244 352 241 – they are open from 9am to 9.30pm every day & are always happy to just offer advice or take bookings if they can find somewhere you like. Failing that, here are some of my other contacts for short breaks in the UK - click on the names for more information:
- Article By Sophie Childs and Lucilla Paull.
- Please click contact me if you would like to leave some comments on my article and I will add them here
Great deals on last minute September short breaks & longer holidays
short breaks in the uk this september
|Sykes Cottages have over 4,000 cottages across the UK and Ireland all of which have been individually inspected. Winners of the British Travel Awards - Best Large UK Cottage/Self Catering Booking Company in 2013. Click the red title heading for cottages from £176/wk this autumn & up to 20% off hundreds of cottages - TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GREAT VALUE SEPTEMBER HOLIDAYS! Or telephone 01244 352241 if you need some help - lines open until 9.30pm every day!|
|Hoseasons Holidays all over the UK - holiday cottages or boating holidays all over the UK. Click the red title heading for September short breaks from ONLY £179 and October half term short breaks from £215.|
|Park Holidays, all over southern & eastern England: luxury static caravans, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, kids clubs, beach locations. Click the red title heading for 2014 bookings - 4 nights from £69!!|
|Haven Holiday Parks, all over the UK - family friendly seaside holiday parks. Caravans, mobile homes, apartments, glamping. Click the red title heading for Autumn holiday breaks from 1 September to 2 November (excluding school holidays) at only £129 for the whole family.|
|Fistral Court Apartment, Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall - 2 bed apartment in a stunning location on Pentire Headland overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach. Coupled with the panoramic views is the use of a shared, heated swimming pool making this ideal accommodation for families. Special Offer: availability from 2 September with exclusive discount for RFH members of £100 on any full week booking in September - quote "RFH"|
|Bosinver Farm Cottages, Trelowth, Cornwall - multiple award winning luxury holiday cottages in Cornwall. Perfect for families with daily animal feeding, tractor rides plus an indoor heated swimming pool, games room, tennis court, fishing, weekly pony rides & adventure playground. Walk to the nearest pub that welcomes kids & serves food or enjoy our homemade meals onsite. Remaining /Sept availability, weeks beginning: 5/6th Sep, 15th Sep|
|Vose Farm Holiday Cottages, Cornwall, south west England - 6 luxury stone built holiday cottages with stunning views of open countryside set on an 85 acre working farm. Within about 3 miles: Caerhays Castle, Porthluney Beach, the Lost Gardens of Heligan, quaint fishing port of Mevagissey & Georgian port of Charlestown with its tall masted ships. Selection of 2 & 3 bed cottages available 30th August from £550/wk. 3 bed wheelchair friendly cottage available from 13th Sept £695/wk|
|Mariner's Belle, St Ives, Cornwall - 3 bedroom accommodation sleeping up to 6 in the heart of St Ives, can you have a better location? St Ives has been described as the "jewel of West Cornwall" & you can easily explore its cobbled streets, stunning beaches, local galleries including The Tate & award winning restaurants from this lovely holiday home. Special Offer: availability for wk of 29 Aug then from 8 Sept with exclusive discount for RFH members of £100 on any full week booking in September - quote "RFH"|
|Church Farm Stables, Buckland Newton, Dorset, SW England - a 4* rated holiday cottage with 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms in an Area of Outstanding Beauty in West Dorset. Sandy beaches on the south coast are within easy reach plus golf, fishing, riding, tennis & cycling are all nearby. Last remaining summer availability, week beginning: 5th Sept at £675/wk and12th Sept onwards at £650/wk.|
|Dukes Farm's, Brecon Beacons, Herefordshire, W England - 3 luxury, converted barns sleeping 2-8 people each overlooking stunning scenery across the farm & the Brecon Beacons. Ideal holiday for short breaks or relaxing for longer as a small family or large family gathering. Exclusive 10% off for RFH members on stays between 25th August to 8th September - enter "FAMILYFUN" on online checkout|
|Goose Nest House, Cotswolds Water Park, Cirencester - luxury 5 bedroom holiday home in the Lower Mill Estate with spacious, glass fronted living room with superb views across the Somerford Lagoon. Available for weekly bookings or short breaks all year round with easy access from London. Onsite shared pool, spa, gym, watersports, golf, horseriding, shop, playgrounds & tennis court. Sat 30 Aug to Tues 2 Sept £850 or 30 Aug to Friday 5 Sept £975|
|Clydey Holiday Cottages, Pembrokeshire, Wales - a cluster of 10 luxury holiday cottages with absolutely superb family facilities, located just 20 mins from the beach. Set within 10 acres, onsite there is an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, gym, outdoor hot tub, games room, indoor soft play, daily animal feeding & supervised kids club. Enjoy a week's stay in Snowdrop Cottage (2 beds) sleeps 4 + cots at £1,000/wk for arrival on any Friday during September saving up to £400 and includes one free 4 hour afternoon "Children's Club" creche session - quote "RFHSEPT"|
|Bluestone Wales, Pembrokeshire - luxury holiday village with both lodge & cottage accommodation to sleep 2-14 people each plus numerous onsite acitivites. The huge leisure pool is a great hit with the kids, as is the indoor adventure centre & high ropes course. Its also near the beach. Ideal all year round holiday destination for short family breaks or longer holidays. In my opinion its a bit like a more luxurious, cheaper version of Center Parcs. Click the red title heading for the latest prices & availability. September weekend short breaks from £299 or mid week from £279 for a 2 bed lodge with 10% off when booking online for all holidays.|