bude holiday cottages, south wheatley, near the coast, cornwall
- Wheatley Barn and Bedford Cottage offer guests a tranquil farm experience next to the wild and romantic coast of Cornwall. Situated on a working dairy farm near the seaside town of Bude, guests enjoy spacious and stylish accommodation in light and airy cottages, immaculately decorated in a country style.
- While on the farm, visitors can admire the panoramic views and stroll through manicured gardens. There is also an amazing leisure center on the farm, which incorporates a heated indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and an enclosed adventure area for children.
- From the nearby seaside resort town of Bude is recognised as one of the UK's best beach and surfing destinations and an ideal spot to explore the dramatic Cornwall coast where wide golden beaches and rugged cliffs are pounded by the surf. Walk along the cliff tops and you will experience one of the most spectacular sections of the South West Coast Path.
- An excursion to the nearby world famous Eden Project or the Lundy Island and Marine Nature Reserve make a good day out for the family
- Click links below for more information, availability and to make an online booking at this family friendly holiday cottage near Bude with indoor heated swimming pool from our partners, Marsdens Cottages - winner of best North Devon tourism business - book online for free cancellation insurance* (* conditions apply):
- Wheatley Barn Holiday Accommodation (sleeps 4): Ground floor. Entrance into conservatory with futon and further seating, TV with Freeview and DVD. Hallway. Bedroom 1 with King with en-suite bathroom with WC and basin, TV with Freeview and DVD. Bedroom 2 with Twin with en-suite shower, WC and basin. First floor: Open plan Living/Dining/Kitchen with wood-burning stove, TV with Freeview and DVD, Kitchen area with built in oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine.
- Bedford Cottage Holiday Accommodation (sleeps 7): Ground floor. Kitchen /diner with electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher. Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, freezer, storage area. Living room with wood-burner, TV with Freeview and DVD. Conservatory, TV with Freeview and DVD. Stairs down to shower room with WC and basin. First floor: Bedroom1 with Double and single, TV with Freeview and DVD. Bedroom 2 with Double. Bedroom 3 with bunk beds. Family bathroom with shower over bath, WC and basin.
- Facilities and Services at these family friendly holiday cottages near Bude: Linen and Towels. Oil CH. Wi-Fi Broadband. Indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, hot tub (Available seasonally Easter - 31st October). Stairgate available for upper floor as part of balustrade. Initial supply of logs. No smoking. One Pet only in Bedford Cottage. Garden furniture. Ample private parking. Short breaks available. 3pm arrival time. Arr/Dep for weekly bookings is Saturday.
- Entrance to Wheatley Barn is through the bright and airy conservatory with views to the front garden and patio area. This room has a sofa-futon which gives a very felxible sleeping arrangement. The accommodation is reverse level to make the most of the surrounding countryside views. Access from the central hallway is to both bedrooms. These rooms are newly re-furbished and offer a King with en-suite bath and a Twin with en-suite shower, which is also ideal for two couples holidaying together. A central staircase leads up to the vaulted open plan living/dining/kitchen areas. There are windows on all sides affording uninterrupted views to the garden, neighbouring farmland and distant moors. Comfortable seating around the fireplace with wood-burner, ensures a cosy welcome all year round. The dining area with picture windows overlooking the farmyard, means all meal times will pass happily, as you watch the daily routines unfold. The farmhouse style kitchen is well equipped with a central island for the hob and cooker and further integrated appliances. Everyday comfort is further ensured throughout the cottage, with oil fired central heating. Outside there is a lovely enclosed garden with some tiered levels and access to the enclosed childrens play area. This lovely Cornish cottage makes an ideal choice for those seeking a rather special place for a family holiday.
- Bedford Cottage is a spacious, attractive, former farm-workers cottage, full of character combined with modern convenience. Cross the enclosed garden space and enter the rear hallway with spacious utility area, ideal for storing outdoor wear and beach items. The attractive kitchen/dining area is extremely well equipped, having been totally re-furbished in March 2012. The kitchen is separated from the roomy dining area by a polished slate floor. Down three steps is a convenient and newly fitted shower room with WC and basin. Through to the comfortable living room with large sofas around the fireplace with wood-burner, ensuring a cosy welcome all year round. French doors lead into the conservatory, offering garden views with more comfortable seating and a second TV with Freeview and DVD. Upstairs the bedrooms offer flexible sleeping arrangements and a spacious family bathroom serves all three rooms. Everyday comfort is further enabled throughout the cottage, with oil fired central heating. This truly unique Cornish cottage makes an ideal choice for those seeking a rather special place, for a family holiday.
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Cornwall:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking here ...
- Family holidays in Cornwall have been incredibly popular for years - should you follow the trend? Cornwall has traditionally been the most popular holiday destination in the UK ever since I can remember. Why is this? What is there to do & see? Is it really that good? Discover the answers to these questions & more by clicking here.
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Please send us a review of these Bude holiday cottages by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 3 family holiday recommendation, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 5 out of 5
- We stayed in Wheatley Barn & loved the "upside down" layout as it took such great advantage of the stunning views. The location for us was perfect, close to the coast - I can imagine being on the coast in the summer could be really busy! The barn is perfect for holidays throughout the year - we stayed in February & the log burner was lovely & cosy whilst the pool & hot tub were great to keep the children happy as well as us. Highly recommended & we loved Bude. Rating 5 out of 5, Jenny, Feb 2013.
- We had a lovely stay here in Bedford Cottage in 2012 & I can't recommend it highly enough - it is stunning & I don't think the photos do it justice. The children absolutely loved the indoor swimming pool whilst we relaxed in the jacuzzi hot tub. It was great also to be able to take the dog & there were so many walks around the farm. All in all we had a wonderful, relaxing holiday & will certainly be visiting again. Rating 5 out of 5, James, received Feb 2013.
- Highly recommended holiday cottage in Cornwall, perfect for our family. Clean, well cared for & welcoming. We have already booked another visit later in the year. Rating 5 out of 5, Peter, received Jan 2013
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN227) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 4 or 7
2 or 3
|not yet||from £375/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|