looe island view, downderry, cornwall, south west england
- Luxury beach front self catering holiday cottage, is a newly built 5 star luxury detached holiday home set in a spectacular hillside location in Downderry. The property has wonderful panoramic sea views all the way to Looe Island and beyond which can be enjoyed from the balconies and elevated decking. The beach is just 300m from the house.
- There are four, first floor bedrooms which together sleep ten guests: the main bedroom sleeps three with a double and single sofa bed and it has an en-suite shower room, there is a further double bedroom, a twin and a triple bunk bedroom having a double below with a single above. The ground floor comprises the well appointed modern kitchen which has superb sea views, the large and beautifully furnished lounge diner which leads to a large terrace with outdoor rattan furniture, the utility room and cloakroom. The property is well equipped to include a 32 inch flat screen TV with Sky, DVD/CD player, WiFi Internet access and washing machine.
- The property is ideal as a family holiday with the beaches, village and amenities all close at hand in luxurious surroundings - the property has been awarded 5 stars by Visit Britain.
- Downderry is a beautiful, popular Cornish seaside village which enjoys breathtaking unspoilt coastline & countryside. It also has good local day-to-day facilities with a general store, Post Office, traditional inn with lovely sea views and the recent opening of Blueplate by Nick Barclay.
- If you enjoy walking, the coastal paths provide many opportunities with nearby Seaton, Looe, Talland Bay & onto the 13th Century fishing village of Polperro. Good leisure sporting facilities are within easy reach including the 18 hole coastal golf courses of Whitsand Bay and Looe. There are many beaches around, Downderry being mainly shingle and Whitsand Bay which is a vast sandy beach.
- The ancient ports of Looe & Polperro are reachable in fifteen and twenty minutes respectively and the city of Plymouth is an half hour distant. Wonderful National Trust houses and gardens are abundant around. This is a fine house for a family, coastal holiday in a most beautiful part of Cornwall
- Also available from this owner is a large country house in Kent that can accommodate up to 18 people.
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Cornwall:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking here ...
- Family holidays in Cornwall have been incredibly popular for years - should you follow the trend? Cornwall has traditionally been the most popular holiday destination in the UK ever since I can remember. Why is this? What is there to do & see? Is it really that good? Discover the answers to these questions & more by clicking here.
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Click here to check availability of Looe Island View luxury beachside holiday home
- Please send us a review of this luxury holiday home in Cornwall by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- The Ord Family from Hampshire: Hi Philip, Our stay at Looe Island View was very pleasant indeed - Thank you. We found it to be a very good base for that part of Cornwall and took particular note of the excellent local food and the way the locals made us feel so welcome.
- The Hannah Party from Berkshire: We really enjoyed our stay at your beautiful home and hope to be back again next year
- The Bhargava Party from London: Thanks for the great holiday (from my whole group), I will surely recommend your place to anyone who is planning a trip to Cornwall. Had a great time at Looe Island View.You have an amazing property.
- The Mazloumian Family from Welwyn: A short note to say that we really enjoyed our time at Looe island view, the property is very comfortable and we managed to get a bit of good weather. The views are amazing
- The WIlliams Family from Surrey: We had a very enjoyable family holiday, great house with amazing seaviews, although not familar with this part of Cornwall previously, we had a very enjoyable time and have recommended Looe Island View to family and friends
- The O Sullivan Family from Ireland: Fantastic seaside home, very well equipped with dramatic seaviews from nearly every room. Really enjoyed Downderry, great beach and choice of eateries, will definitely be back again soon.....
- The Moore Family: "Perfect, had the wow factor! Loved Downderry and Seaton. Walked along the coast all the way to Looe one day!"
- The Hatherly Family: I wanted somewhere really special for my 22nd Wedding Anniversay where all the family could spend quality time together and certainly found it here. Truly memorable luxury cottage. Sea views just magnificent. Enjoyed every minute. Thank you.
- The Watson Family: What a view! Spent every evening on the terrace until the sun went down. Fantastic location. The house ticks all the boxes. Beautiful house, perfect family holiday. Great pub on the beach. Kids loved both Downderry and Seaton beaches. We'll be back
- Mr & Mrs Johnson from London: Just a note to thank you for everything, we had a great break, the house is fantastic, the best seaviews ever also loved the village, pub, beach etc, hope to be back again soon.........
- Mr & Mrs Ziehe from Braunchweig, Germany: Just wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay, the property is beautifully finished, the hamper and toiletries were a very welcome surprise and the views when we woke up next day were truly unique. We will definitely be back again next year......
- Mrs C Long from London: Great property, one of the best we have ever stayed in and what stunning views
- Mr & Mrs Howard from Clapham: Thank you so much, we had a fantastic time, the hamper was amazing and toiletries from Gilchrist & Soames were gratefully received, just booked again for next year....
- Mr & Mrs Richmond from London: What a fantastic break and sea views to die for, we will be back again next year....
Holiday Home Accommodation Summary (EN020) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Philip on 01822 611179 or 07710 912571, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Useful holiday blog postings for Cornwall
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this holiday cottage.