gwel an mor holiday lodges, tregea hill, portreath, north cornwall
- Gwel an Mor offer the ultimate 5 star luxury holiday overlooking the ocean with sumptuous Scandinavian style log lodges. Situated close to the fishing village of Portreath and just a short walk from the beach with many outdoor activities including surfing, kayaking. Onsite is an indoor heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna & beauty treatments. The Terrace restaurant offers spectacular views over the Atlantic making it the perfect setting for a leisurely lunch, an afternoon cream tea or a superb evening meal. Ideal holiday in North Cornwall for families or couples alike.
- Facilities onsite include an indoor heated swimming pool, gym, health & beauty spa, sauna, jacuzzi hot tub, gym, children's play area, tennis, cycle hire, rock pooling, falconry, coasterring, surfing lessons, kayaking, zipwire, zorbing, grass skiing, indoor rock climbing, putting green, indoor children's play centre, wildlife conservation centre, bar, cafe and restaurant - great if you don't fancy self catering on your family holiday.
- All self catering holiday accommodation include: Scandinavian style two and three bedroom two storey lodges with energy efficient contemporary styling.
- Outdoor hot tub (Tregea VIP Lodge and Tregea Premier VIP)
- TV with satellite channels/DVD/CD
- Wi-Fi access
- Kitchen including microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer
- Bath and shower
- Bed linen, duvets and towels
- Beds made up for your arrival
- Verandah/balcony with garden furniture
- Double glazed and heated throughout
- Electricity included
- Travel cots and highchairs £10pw each
- Family parties only
- Pets £50pw each (max 2) (in specific lodges)
- Lowena Holiday Lodge (sleeps 5 in 2 bedrooms): Luxury terraced lodge. Ground floor: One double with annex allowing additional sleeping for one and ensuite shower and one twin. Bath with overhead shower. First floor: Kitchen/dining/lounge area with balcony and sea views.
- Paradhis Holiday Lodge (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Luxury lodge, purpose built to NAS Mobility Level 3 and suitable for parties including disabled visitors. Ground floor: Twin bedroom with one electric bed with ensuite wet room. Open plan kitchen/lounge/diner. Decking area. First floor: One double with ensuite shower and one twin. Family bathroom.
- Tregea VIP Holiday Lodge (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Luxury, spacious lodge. Ground floor: One double with ensuite shower and two twin. Bath with overhead shower. First floor: Kitchen/dining/lounge area with balcony and sea views. Woodburning stove. Bath robes. Private two person outdoor hot tub.
- Tregea Premier VIP Holiday Lodge (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Super deluxe lodge. Ground floor: One double with ensuite shower and TV. Two twin. Bath with overhead shower. First floor: Open plan well equipped kitchen. Dining/lounge area with woodburning stove and CD/MP3 player with iPod dock. Balcony with gas barbeque. Sea views. Covered two person outdoor hot tub. Champagne and canapés on arrival, flowers, fresh fruit, local produce breakfast pack, a morning newspaper, daily maid service and use of fluffy bath robes. Two one hour (or one hour for short breaks) spa treatments, exclusive 2pm check in and VIP greeting service. No pets.
- Tregea Holiday Lodge (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): One double with ensuite shower and two twin. Bath with overhead shower. First floor: Spacious kitchen/dining/lounge area with balcony and sea views.
- A famously mild climate, gorgeous beaches, picturesque villages and top attractions – enjoy them all when you stay at one of our holiday lodges in South Cornwall. It’s all about the sea in the far South West, and Hoseasons offer lodge holidays in South Cornwall near some of the region’s most popular resorts are all easily accessible.
- Surfers flock to catch the waves all along the coast from Sennen to Newquay and Bude, and while Gwithian Beach offers the best kite and windsurfing in the country, there are also miles of clean, sandy beaches and lively resorts perfect for family days out – yours to enjoy when you book Hoseasons lodge holidays in North Cornwall. The spectacular coastline is great for walking too.
- The Camel Trail, a disused railway line following the River Camel between Bodmin and Padstow, is now a superb walking and cycling path, and inland you’ll find a glorious landscape of hidden valleys and sweeping moorland dotted with ancient stone circles and steeped in legend. A visit to King Arthur’s castle at Tintagel is a must, and artists have long been lured to the picturesque town of St Ives, for its special quality of light and the loveliness of its coastal setting.
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Cornwall:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking here ...
- Family holidays in Cornwall have been incredibly popular for years - should you follow the trend? Cornwall has traditionally been the most popular holiday destination in the UK ever since I can remember. Why is this? What is there to do & see? Is it really that good? Discover the answers to these questions & more by clicking here.
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Please send us a review of this Cornwall holiday lodge by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Our lodge at Gwel An Mor was fantastic. Clean and comfortable, and it had everything you would need for a perfect holiday base. The food in the on-site restaurant was out of this world, well worth a visit. If you feel like a take-away, there is a lovely little Cantonese in Portreath which is 2 minutes drive from the lodges. The leisure facilities are excellent, and the wildlife walk at night with Gary was brilliant, he was so enthusiastic you completely lost track of the time and the up close and personal encounter with the foxes was a personal highlight. I cannot praise Gwel An Mor enough. You will have no regrets booking a holiday here. It was an excellent base for all the places we wanted to visit in Cornwall including Lands End, Eden Project, Flambards, St Ives and many more wonderful places.
- The holiday was fantastic. It was the loveliest and most comfortable accommodation I have experienced plus the location and helpfulness of the staff at Gwel An Mor made this a brilliant holiday. The property is worthy of its 5 stars.
- An excellent site in a superb location. The Terrace Restaurant was exceptionally good and we will definitely return. The mining trail walk to Tehidy Country Park was lovely and very accessible by wheelchair. A peaceful and very well designed holiday park suitable for all the family.
Holiday Lodge Accommodation Summary (EN201) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 5 or 6 each
2 or 3
1 or 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm|