Mariners Belle - 2 bed accommodation in St Ives
Outside your self catering holiday accommodation
Open plan living area
Well equipped kitchen, perfect for your self catering holiday in St Ives
Modern dining area if you don't fancy eating out in St Ives
Master bedroom, one of 2 bedrooms in total
A perfect base to explore St Ives on holiday
mariners belle, st ives, cornwall, south west england
- Self Catering Holiday Cottage St Ives, Great quality self catering accommodation sleeping 6 in three bedrooms in the heart of St Ives. Believed to have once been a net loft, Mariner's Belle has been beautifully refurbished as a modern ground floor apartment situated in the heart of Downalong. The apartment is ideal for families - there is a large open plan living area with two steps leading down to three bedrooms. Mariner's Belle is conveniently situated between the beaches of Porthmeor, Porthgwidden and The Harbour.
- St Ives is a bustling fishing village on the North Cornwall coast. All types of holiday can be catered for in what has been described as "the jewel of West Cornwall". Its streets are cobbled and characterful, its cottages picture postcard perfect and its beaches stunning, offering sheltered calm for families at Porthminster or surf at Porthmeor. Art has long been an important feature in St Ives, the artists drawn to the area because of the very special light which may be evident to you when you arrive. There is much to admire in the numerous galleries and artists studios, as well as The Tate. Restaurants and shops are aplenty and there are some wonderful settings in which to eat.
- The modern kitchen is well equipped with built-in appliances. The dining table seats 6, as does the leather corner sofa from which the action in the kitchen can be seen, as well as the flat screen LCD TV and DVD player. Our sideboard houses DVDs, CDs, books and family games for your use. Two of the bedrooms have double beds. One of these rooms has access to St. Eia Street. The children's room has a bunk bed, wall mounted flat screen TV with integral DVD player and numerous toys, games, books and DVDs for your children's use. Babies are more than welcome and a cot can be supplied on request.
- The bathroom has an all white suite with a small bath and a separate shower. There is a cupboard outside to the front of the property which houses body boards and beach toys for your use as well as a washing line and cleaning equipment should you need it. The apartment is gas centrally heated. Gas, electricity and wifi internet access are included in the rental price. Bed linen and towels are provided. The apartment is non-smoking and we cannot accept pets.
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Cornwall:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking here ...
- Family holidays in Cornwall have been incredibly popular for years - should you follow the trend? Cornwall has traditionally been the most popular holiday destination in the UK ever since I can remember. Why is this? What is there to do & see? Is it really that good? Discover the answers to these questions & more by clicking here.
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Please send us a review of this by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 13 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.9 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 4 out of 5
- Oh my goodness,we go to st ives every single year as its the most gorgeous friendly place on this earth, weve stopped at mariners belle a couple of times and the home is gorgeous..even when the sun is baking down and you feel the need to cool down,the solid natural floors and thick walls with small narrow window keep you cool..everything you could ask for provided,even down to we couldnt get the tv to work as the remote had gone walkies,so carolynne( the owner) drove with a new tv to us straight away..excellent accomadation,excellent owner...excellent area,immenities..and finally heaven on earth..st ives! Rating 5 out of 5, Tina & Louise, Jul 2014.
- We have been visiting the cottage for the past four years and we love it more every year. Our family has grown along with our love for St. Ives and Mariners Belle. The cottage accommodates our family of 4 just fine. We pack less each year as the cottage has everything you will need. Being just a stones throw from the harbour, the beaches and pubs and restarunts it's ideal for family's. We really can't fault it and don't even bother to search elsewhere anymore. Love Nathan, Emma, Lily & Pippa Ridgard x Rating 5 out of 5, Nathan, Emma, Lily & Pippa, Jun 2014.
- We are regular visitors to St Ives and this is one of the nicest places we have stayed in. Downalong is the best location to stay and Mariners Belle is perfect with Harbour, Porthmeor and Porthgwidden beaches on your doorstep as well as the town itself with no steep hills to climb. The living area was plenty big enough for 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids ages 11,9 & 20 months) and had everything we needed, the washer/drier was very useful as was the outside line to dry wetsuits and the storage area for beach gear. The kitchen was well stocked with all we needed and the benefit of a booster seat and cot provided were helpful. The beds were very comfortable and bedrooms had plenty of storage space plus the older kids enjoyed some chill out time with the tv in their bunk room. The fantastic weather during our stay meant that once we found a space to park the car we didn't have to move it. Overall would definitely recommend staying at Mariners Belle and although we always like to try different accommodation when we visit, we would have no hesitation returning. Rating 5 out of 5, Kevin, Aug 2013.
- This was our first visit to St Ives as a family and booked relatively last minute. We were delighted with the accommodation - it was tastefully decorated and above all clean and comfortable. The children loved the novelty of bunk beds and the TV/DVD in their room was a big hit! Location wise it couldn't be more perfect with everything from the beaches, restaurants and shops on your doorstep. We loved it so much we have booked to go again in the summer. Rating 5 out of 5, Ana, Apr 2013
- We booked for five days over the Easter holidays and we had a great break - the apartment is in the down along area of st Ives - tiny streets with wonderful traditional cottages situated minutes from the island , the harbour, shops restaurants and beaches. The best place to be on the town , as its so convenient but you get a real feel for the place. The cottage is compact but really attractive and contemporary, and has everything you could need. Perfect for our family ! Parking is notoriously tricky in the town , but we managed to find a spot in thd island car park a short walk away. I would thoroughly recommend this cottage and the owners are very helpful too! Can't wait to go back! Rating 5 out of 5, Clare, Apr 2013
- We come back to this cottage, year after year having holidayed in St Ives for over 30 years. Clean, tidy, well furnished and warm (we're out of season visitors these days). Close enough to town, yet not surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the town. Great value for money and deceptively spacious. Would not hesitate to recommend Mariners Belle. Rating 5 out of 5, Mark, Oct 2012
- Everything was beautifully designed, clean and comfortable. St Ives is a wonderful place and this apartment was located in a quiet area but right in the centre of things, not far from all three beaches and the shops. There was six of us and it felt spacious. The decoration was simple but effective with tasteful St Ives prints and bits and bobs. My Mum broke a vase, we offered to pay but the owner was very understanding and kind. Rating 5 out of 5, Jo, May 2011.
- Extremely well appointed holiday apartment. Clean, very modern and tastefully furnished throughout. Beds were very comfortable. Great for families or couples, with plenty of room and very convenientally situated just back from the main St Ives harbour and beach. All in all a fabulous apartment. Would definitely visit again! Rating 5 out of 5, Laura, Apr 2011.
- Mariners Belle is perfectly situated to explore St Ives. The accommodation is decorated in a modern style and really is a home from home. Nice touches such as a great selection of DVD's, music and toys for children make it even more special. Clean and in good condition Mariners Belle offers great value for money. Rating 5 out of 5, Nathan, Emma & Lily Bet, July 2010.
- We stayed at Mariners Belle which was in a great location, right in the heart of old St Ives and is perfect for families of all ages, it was only a couple of minutes walk from the harbour, restaurants, shops and great beaches. As self catering accommodation goes I found Mariner's Belle to be excellent, it was tastefully decorated, well furnished and thoughtfully laid out. The kitchen area was very well equipped, catering for all the needs for a family, the bedrooms were very good size and the children's' room had their own TV and DVD player showing consideration and thought for both parents and children. In summary a great place to stay and highly recommended! Rating 5 out of 5, Peter, June 2010.
- As self catering accommodation goes I found Mariner's Belle to be top class. Tastefully decorated, well furnished and clean throughout. It's location is perfect for families of all ages. For us having two small children in our party aged seven and five it was great to discover we were close to a small child friendly sandy bay which was the the ideal place for us to spend many fun filled hours with the children. That said it was always nice to return to the Mariner's Belle at the end of the day, prepare a meal in it's well equipped kitchen, dine put the children to bed and relax with a nice glass of wine in the homily, comfortable atmosphere that this accommodation offers. Cheers! to Mariner's Belle.Kathleen & family. Highly recommended 5 out of 5. Nov 2009
- Great location, right in the heart of old St Ives, a couple of minutes walk from the harbour, several restaurants and two great beaches (one a surfer's beach and one a small bay, ideal for small children). The island car park is nearby which is ideal, given the awful parking in St Ives. The apartment is simply laid out with everything you need to hand. Three bedrooms makes this apartment ideal for families. Little touches like a DVD/TV in the kid's bedroom, promising peaceful evenings, show a good deal of thought has gone into the apartment. Rating 4 out of 5, Andrew, Nov 2009.
- This summer myself my husband and my two grandchildren spent a week in St. Ives. We stayed at Mariners Belle, this had been recommended to us by friends. It did not disappoint. It is situated right in the heart of St. Ives, close to all that the resort has to offer. The accommodation was ideal, beautifully decorated , spacious yet at the same time cosy. The kitchen area was very well equipped, catering for all the needs for a family, the bedrooms were very good and the children's' room had there own TV and DVD player and the bathroom was a good size. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and well maintained. Top marks for Mariners Belle , like my friends i will also recommend this to others. Rating 5 out of 5, Margaret, Oct 2009.
Holiday Home Accommodation Summary (EN030) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Caroline on 07808 062616, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Useful holiday blog postings for Cornwall
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
use arrows to check months, shaded red is already booked
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this holiday accommodation.