vose farm self catering cottages, tregony, cornwall, sw england
- Click here for a video of Vose Farm Self Catering Cottages
- Welcome to Vose Farm, situated just outside the ancient village of Tregony (gateway to the beautiful Roseland Peninsula). Although no longer a working farm, Vose Farm is set in 85 acres of rolling pasture, arable and woodland with spectacular and panoramic views over the surrounding countryside. Vose Farm makes the ideal location to explore one of the most beautiful parts of Cornwall made famous by numerous writers including Rosamunde Pilcher and Daphne Du Maurier.
- The six cottages are stone built and superbly equipped, offering high quality self-catering holiday accommodation throughout the year. Fresh water is drawn directly from our own bore hole. It is UV filtered onsite and regularly laboratory tested to Cornwall Council standard to ensure that our guests and our own family enjoy the highest possible quality of supply.
- Each cottage has an open plan living/dining area, comfy sofas and wonderful panoramic views over some of the most beautiful in Cornwall. Warm and cosy, each cottage is centrally heated and equipped to the very highest specification with WiFi connection, Freeview digital television in the living rooms and most bedrooms. The holiday cottages have their own washer/dryer, oven and hob, microwave, fridge freezer and power shower. Most cottages have a bath too!
- Vose Farm Holiday Cottages Cornwall is an ideal holiday destination for families (including babies and toddlers) or couples seeking somewhere to relax and get away from it all and yet be in an ideal location to explore an area nostalgically referred to as the Cornish Riviera.
- Outside, each holiday cottage has its own fenced garden and private patio area with pizza oven BBQ. All towels and bed linen are provided free of charge. Beach towels are not provided. Thermostatically controlled central heating and electricity are included in the tariff. Every cottage has its own designated car parking area, directly outside each cottage. A strict No Smoking policy is employed. Well behaved dogs are welcome in Beech, Hawthorn and Willow Cottage.
- For those guests with little ones we hope to save on the holiday packing by providing the following (please let us know in advance if you require any of the following):- • Stair gates •Cot (please bring your own bedding) •Highchair •Changing Mat •Children's Cups, Bowls, Plates and cutlery •Baby Monitor •Books and Toys.
- A Welcome Pack for holiday guests is provided which includes tea, coffee, milk, sugar, eggs, home-made scones or fruit cake and wine. Change over day is Saturday (departure before 10.00am & arrival after 3pm please)! We've even got a supply of spare waterproofs and wellingtons should you need them!
- Vose Farm is less than three miles from Caerhays Castle and Porthluney Beach and a similar distance from the world famous Lost Gardens of Heligan, quaint fishing port of Mevagissey and Georgian port of Charlestown (with its resident tall masted ships). Further a-field is the Eden Project (8 miles), the capital city of Truro (9 miles) St Mawes (14 miles) and the surfing beaches of Newquay (18miles).
Holiday Accommodation is as follows:
- Beech Cottage (1 bedroom, sleeps 2) is a single storey cottage (sleeps 2) with en-suite bedroom
- Oak Cottage (2 bedrooms, sleeps 4) offers two storey reverse accommodation (sleeps 4) with two bedrooms and separate shower room. Both cottages enjoy superb views over the Farm's fenced wildlife pond and new woodlands and walkways.
- Ash and Hawthorn Cottage (3 bedrooms, sleeps 6) provide deluxe three bedroom accommodation (each cottage sleeps 6) with en-suite shower room and large family sized bathroom. They enjoy spectacular views from the first floor living area across the donkey paddock and down toward the Roseland Peninsula.
- Hazel and Willow Cottage (3 bedrooms, sleeps 6, disabled access) offer level access, single storey accommodation. They are three bedroomed with bathroom and large en-suite wet room. Interactive TV is available as well as Blu ray technology.
- All cottages have free Broadband WiFi connectivity. Beech, Hawthorn and Willow Cottage are dog friendly. Linen, towels, electricity etc. is all included in the price.
- Vose Farm has other residents too. Joey, Max and Reg the springers. Eric and Ernie our very friendly donkeys, Wonkey, Rebecca and the other sheep and Maximus the cockerel and his numerous girlfriends, (who are only too happy for you to help pick their eggs).
Useful holiday blog postings for Cornwall
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Cornwall:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking here ...
- Family holidays in Cornwall have been incredibly popular for years - should you follow the trend? Cornwall has traditionally been the most popular holiday destination in the UK ever since I can remember. Why is this? What is there to do & see? Is it really that good? Discover the answers to these questions & more by clicking here.
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Please send us a review of these farm holiday cottages in Cornwall by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 3 family holiday recommendations, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 5 out of 5
- I would really rather not recommend this property as it is so beautiful I would rather keep it to myself. However, unselfishly I can't rate highly enough the beautiful surroundings. Peacefulness of the site, the lovely friendly owners who can't do enough for you and the beautiful unspoilt Roseland Peninsula. This place is a have of peace and tranquility, but with lots of space to run around for children to enjoy the great outdoors. Rating 5 out of 5, Corinne, July 2010.
- The location is outstanding. The cottages have been refurbished to a very high standard. Steve & Francis couldn't be more welcoming and the animals are all so friendly. The cottages would suit couples, families and groups of friends. Rating 5 out of 5, Samantha, June 2010 (stayed in Beech Cottage).
- Beautiful rural location, highly equipped and very attractive cottage offering a relaxed holiday with welcoming and helpful hosts. Wouldn't hesitate to return. Rating 5 out of 5, Simon, May 2010.
- Joey made our holiday, the children were so sad to leave him and the play area.
- We've had a lovely holiday despite the weather.Thanks for letting the children help with the animals.B wants some chickens of her own.
- Great holiday. we loved feeding the new lambs! We'll definitely recommend the Farm to our friends!!
- "What a gem! The only problem is that we didn't want to go home".
- "so nice to find somewhere that we all liked"
- "We've had a wonderful time.
- Porthluney beach was great (cafe recommended)!"
- You really have thought of everything".
- "Your website only tells half the story of this wonderful place"!
- Steve, Frances and Joey, thanks for making the holiday so memorable. The welcome pack (especially the local wine!) were great.
- Fantastic Cottage in a great location. Loved watching the swallows over the pond.
- Wonderful views and a superb cottage. We loved the peace and quiet. So nice to find a place where we could really relax. We'll be back!
- Wonderful location.Lovely and peaceful. We don't want to go home!
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN164) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
1 to 3
up to 2
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Email owner by clicking on icon|