bosinver farm holiday cottages, trelowth, cornwall
- STOP PRESS, WE HAVE WON EVEN MORE AWARDS: We are absolutely delighted that we were honoured at this year's South West Tourism Excellence Awards not only with Gold in the Self Catering and Bronze in the Sustainable Tourism categories, but also as overall 'Winner of Winners'. This comes ON top of achieving double Gold in the 2014/5 Cornwall Tourism Awards for Self Catering Holiday of the Year and for Sustainable Tourism. Our sustainable credentials have also been recognised in the 2014 Cornwall Sustainability Awards where we were the Winners of the Connecting with Nature award and also Highly Commended as Best Managed Small Business. And we are finalists in this year's national VisitEngland awards for best self catering.
- Luxury Farm Self Catering Holiday Cottages, Trelowth, Cornwall - recently recognised in the Visit England Awards for Excellence as one of the top 5 self-catering establishments in the country, Bosinver Farm Cottages offer luxury self catering cottage holidays in Cornwall, with 30 acres of wildflower meadows and friendly farm animals on the doorstep. With our sparkling new indoor swimming pool heated by solar energy now open, you might find you don't want to leave!
- Located in a hidden valley between St Austell and Mevagissey near the south Cornish coast, our range of luxurious, highly individual, privately situated cottages sleeping from 4 -12 are furnished with flair and style and are suitable for families with children of all ages. The whole of Cornwall and its beautiful beaches, wonderful gardens and great attractions are accessible from here and Bosinver makes a great base for a walking or cycling holiday, a short break or a weekend getaway. We have won many awards but the most important critics are our guests - many of our visitors come back time after time.
- Bosinver's 30 acres of woods and meadows offer visitors room to feast their eyes and stretch their legs in a beautiful rural environment. We pride ourselves on being one of the best family and toddler friendly self-catering holiday providers in Cornwall. Our cottages come fully equipped with a raft of high quality nursery equipment including cots, highchairs and fire guards and a fully equipped kitchen, including cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, blender, weighing scales, microwave, cafetiere, cutlery (including child friendly cutlery), crockery and utensils, plus Freeview TV & DVD player, iPod/iPhone dock and wifi. Babysitting is also available.
- Within 24 hours of arrival our guests have visibly relaxed - the chickens and ducks have called by the front door to say hello and the children soon make friends at the morning animal feeding before going off to the beach or into our woods to explore and play. With woodland trails, a well-stocked games room, swimming pool, tennis court, fishing lake, zip wire, play barn and adventure playground they're spoilt for choice. We run weekly pony rides and our outdoor play Wild Kids club sessions are all provided free of charge.
- The village shop and pub are 15 minutes walk down a leafy lane in Polgooth village. The award winning Polgooth Inn offers excellent food and caters for children. If you fancy a real break from catering then handmade, chef-prepared meals are also available from Bosinver's reception, ready to be cooked straight from the freezer or you can order a private chef service.
- Apple & Pear Farm Cottages - sleep 4 in two bedrooms and there are no stairs. There are two bedrooms in each cottage: one double room, the other with two single beds. Each bathroom has a double shower, basin and WC. Apple has French doors to decking outside. Both have electric and storage heating and feature fireplace and a large porch/conservatory for kicking off wellies and hanging coats
- Buddleia Cottage - sleeps 4 in two ensuite bedrooms and is suitable for disabled/wheelchair user. All on the level, the accommodation comprises - entrance porch leading through the stylish kitchen with granite worktops and Fired Earth tiles, on to the contemporary, light living area with gas 'wood burner' and glass conservatory. The bedrooms comprise one king size bedroom with en suite wet room with basin and WC, shower with fitted seat and one twin with en suite bathroom and shower. Gas central heating. This cottage is suitable for disabled/wheelchair users with wide doors, easy access, grab rails where necessary and parking right alongside.
- Cherry Cottage - sleeps 6 in three bedrooms. Cherry has 3 bedrooms, one double with en suite shower, basin and WC and 2 twin rooms, which share a bathroom with bath and a separate corner shower. The contemporary kitchen has a gas hob, electric oven, fridge freezer and microwave. The lounge has a huge granite inglenook fireplace with Villager gas stove , cosy sofa and picture windows with more views across the meadows.
- Higher Hill Cottage - sleeps 6 in three bedrooms. The huge living/dining room is upstairs and is open plan, bright, light and spacious with a sun deck through french windows on the western side. The shaker style kitchen has a gas hob with electric oven and plenty of units. There is a separate cloakroom with toilet and wc upstairs. Downstairs are 3 bedrooms, one double with king size bed and stunning, large ensuite shower room with basin and wc and one twin and another double with separate shared bathroom with corner bath and separate shower, basin and wc.
- Coliza Cottage - sleeps 4 in two bedrooms. A traditional thatched cottage - oak beams, wobbly walls, huge inglenook fireplace, antique furniture and pretty handmade kitchen with slate floor. The lounge is roomy and comfortable with its oak beamed fireplace and granite hearth housing large gas fired logburner. On this floor is a front entrance with hallway and cloakroom with wc and antique basin. Up the oak staircase on the first floor are two large bedrooms, one king size and one twin. Both rooms have high ceilings with beams, pretty dormer windows and polished oak floors. The bathroom has a roll top bath with basin, wc and separate corner shower.
- Farmhouse Cottage - sleeps 12 in six bedrooms and now with private hot tub. The Farmhouse is a listed thatched longhouse, built in the C17th and we've made sure that although we've updated the interior to ensure your comfort, we have retained the character and charm. The Farmhouse would make an ideal base. Country Living lovers will adore its old pine dresser, bright provencale style tiles, bespoke kitchen with granite worktop and slate floor. Just off the living room, there's a smaller sitting room with glass doors leading out to the garden and patio. Still on the ground floor are two bedrooms at the back of the house, one single and one double, with a sink, shower and access to the garden. Upstairs, off the half landing is a bathroom, with basin W.C. and bath with shower over. You will find four bedrooms on the first floor, two doubles, one small 4ft double and one triple. The master bedroom has a 5ft bed and an adjoining shower room with basin, double shower and toilet. There is a further bathroom, with bath, basin W.C. and bidet. There is electric under floor heating in the main ground floor rooms and plenty of electric and storage heaters throughout the rest of the farmhouse. The farmhouse is a brilliant space for group holidays
- Hillside Cottage - sleeps 4 in two ensuite bedrooms. It has an open plan sitting/living/dining room with feature fireplace and gas fired 'wood burner'. There is a large conservatory so you can take advantage of the beautiful views. Hillside has a double bedroom with en suite shower room with basin and WC and a twin room with en suite bathroom and shower over the bath.
- Hydrangea Cottage - sleeps 4 in two ensuite bedrooms. All on the level, the accommodation comprises - entrance porch leading through the stylish kitchen with granite worktops and Fired Earth tiles, on to the contemporary, light living area with gas 'wood burner'. Slide open the double doors to reveal the glass conservatory. The bedrooms comprise one double with en suite shower room with basin and WC and one twin with en suite bathroom and shower. Gas central heating.
- Valley View Cottage - sleeps 4 in two ensuite bedrooms. This cottage has an open plan sitting/living room with conservatory/dining room. The lounge has a feature granite fireplace, gas fired 'woodburner' and patio doors to the outside patio with views over the fields. Valley View has a double bedroom with ensuite shower room with basin and wc and a twin room with en suite bathroom.
- Jacks Barn Cottage - sleeps 8 in four bedrooms. The spacious living room has sumptuous sofas to sink into, a gas 'woodburner' and for those wonderful winter breaks, gas central heating too. Ideal for one or two families, there are two bedrooms on the main floor, one double with ensuite shower, toilet and basin and one twin. Upstairs there is another double bedroom with king size bed and one twin with separate bathroom, shower, wc and basin. French windows open out from the living room onto a balcony with table and chairs and steps leading down to the garden - ideal for dining alfresco or just soaking up the sun.
- Laburnum Cottage - sleeps 8 in four bedrooms and is suitable for wheelchair users. Leave your messy boots and coats in the porch and walk through to the spacious living/dining room with gas "wood burner" and lots of windows with views over the surrounding countryside. The large fitted kitchen has a slate floor and a gas range cooker. There is a family bathroom with bath and separate shower on the ground floor, plus two bedrooms - a double and a twin. Upstairs are two huge bedrooms, a double with king size bed and a twin, both with en suite shower rooms and fabulous country views. French doors lead from the dining room to the patio - a real sun trap with more views.
- Olearia Cottage - sleeps 6 in four bedrooms and is suitable for wheelchair users. Because Olearia has level access, parking adjacent, a double bedroom and en suite shower room it is an ideal retreat if you are elderly or less mobile. The kitchen is large with Shaker style units, a slate floor and a large farmhouse dining table. The lounge has a large bay window and comfortable sofas. Olearia also has a twin bedroom, two single bedrooms and a second bathroom with shower, basin and wc.
- Pentree Cottage - sleeps 5 in two bedrooms. The large living/dining room has a gas 'log burner', high beamed ceilings, a feature granite fireplace and a large picture window with views over the garden and fields beyond. The porch leads to the bathroom with bath and shower over, basin and wc, alongside the double bedroom which has a king size bed and plenty of space for a cot. The twin bedroom has a hideaway bed to accommodate a 5th person if necessary and is very spacious with a large ensuite room with double shower, basin and wc.
- Polclay Cottage - a pretty traditional granite cottage which sleeps 4 in two bedrooms. Polclay has an open plan living/dining room with large fitted kitchen and slate floors. Up the winding staircase are two bedrooms, one twin and and one double with ensuite shower room with basin and wc. A separate bathroom with shower, basin and wc snuggles under the slope of the roof.
- Trerose Cottage - sleeps 5 in three bedrooms. It has an entrance lobby which leads to the kitchen, lounge diner, all with high beamed ceilings and very spacious. The lounge has comfy leather sofas and granite fireplace with large woodburner and lovely views from the bay window. The dining area is separate, with large farmhouse table. There are three bedrooms, a twin and a single room off the lounge and a double with ensuite shower room next to the entrance lobby. The fabulous bathroom has sparkly mirror floor tiles, a bath, separate shower, basin and wc.
- Rose Cottage - sleeps 4 in two bedrooms and is approached via steps. The large picture window in the lounge and patio take advantage of its lovely sunny aspect. Rose has an open plan kitchen/living/dining room with gas fire and gas central heating. There is one double and one twin room and separate bathroom with bath, shower, basin and wc.
- Veronica Cottage - sleeps 6 in four bedrooms. Veronica has a bright sitting room with large bay window and countryside views, cottage furnishing and French doors leading out to the patio. It has a country style fitted kitchen with built-in electric cooker with gas hob, fridge and microwave, slate floor to the kitchen and large entrance lobby. Veronica has four bedrooms: one double, one twin, and two single rooms. The twin and a single room upstairs have a shower room with w.c. and basin. The downstairs double and single bedrooms share a bathroom with a bath with shower over, basin and w.c. There is gas central heating, with a feature stone fireplace with gas-fired "woodburner".
- Well Close Cottage - sleeps 6 in three bedrooms. Kick off your boots in the entrance porch and walk into the huge light, open plan living/dining room with glass windows from floor to ceiling to take advantage of the view. There are three bedrooms, one double with en-suite double shower, wc and basin and two more twin bedrooms, which share a bathroom with bath, shower, basin and wc.
- Lowen our luxury eco house - sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms. The 'jewel in our crown' Lowen is perfect for families or groups of friends to celebrate a special occasion. Wherever you look there's something to capture your attention, like the huge timber beams, which make up the structure of the cottage and are hundreds of years old, the vibrant décor and specially commissioned handcrafted artwork. Almost all the furnishings are either environmentally friendly and/or recycled and locally sourced. The name, Lowen, stands for 'low energy' – but it's also Cornish for happy. It's a zero carbon, energy self-sufficient house which uses energy from the sun and ground to provide electricity, heating and hot water for guests. And it also sends surplus electricity back to the grid. The kitchen is large and bright with a range of luxury fittings, including a huge American style fridge and a granite worktop. On the ground floor there's a twin bedroom and bedroom with king size bed which both share a wet room. The first floor has a super king bedroom with zip-link beds (can be made into twin beds) with en-suite bathroom plus shower and another double bedroom with en-suite shower room. Oh, and there's a hot tub!
- Bosinver Farm's postcode for Sat Nav purposes is: PL26 7DT
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Cornwall:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking here ...
- Family holidays in Cornwall have been incredibly popular for years - should you follow the trend? Cornwall has traditionally been the most popular holiday destination in the UK ever since I can remember. Why is this? What is there to do & see? Is it really that good? Discover the answers to these questions & more by clicking here.
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Click here to check availability of all Bosinver Farm Holiday Cottages
- Please send us a review of these farm holiday cottages in Cornwall by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 21 family holiday recommendation, average rating 4.9 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 4.5 out of 5
- Our 4th visit in 6 years to Bosinver and everytime there is something new to enjoy. The playbarn, the beautiful indoor heated swimming pool, the animal feeding, the pony rides and grooming, the woodland trails, the lake, the play equipment, the Wild Kids sessions and so much more, the list is nearly endless! Farmer Dave and Nanny Pat have created an environment where children can play, adults can relax and everyone of all ages can do as little or as much as they like. This week we have rolled and carved pumpkins, stuffed (and burnt) a guy, walked in the woods at night, made pictures and sculptures from twigs and foliage, swum in the pool, made sandcastles on the nearby beaches, made new friends, met up with old friends and had a totally wonderful time. The quality of the accommodation is superb but it is the extras that make Bosinver special, we never want to leave and we always want to go back. Rating 5 out of 5, Cassie, reviewed Nov 2014
- Our second visit to Bosinver, with a very active 3 year old boy and a 3 month old this really is our favourite place in the uk to go. We stayed in Lowen which is stunning, beautifully decorated and comfortable with the added bonus of having a hot tub to relax in after a manic day with the kids! Bosinver is wonderful, Pat, Dave and Helen are welcoming, friendly and brilliant with the children. Animal feeding, pony rides, wild kids club, a gruffalo trail in the woods and an indoor pool are just a few of the great things it has to offer! We can't wait to go next year!! Rating 5 out of 5, Fen, reviewed Sep 2014
- We stayed at Bosinver in June and, as every other reviewer has said, it's a truly amazing place for children (and adults). The cottage had everything you could possibly think of including nightlights for children's rooms and step ups to reach the sink not to mention every utensil you can think of. Our cottage was so peaceful and relaxed with just the sounds of nature around us. A far cry from our urban wake up call at home! We bought fresh farm eggs each morning for £1 a box and ate them for our al fresco breakfasts! The owners, Nanny Pat and Farmer Dave are salt of the earth people, so friendly and chatty and Bosinver is a true labour of love for them. Being grandparents themselves, Nanny Pat told me she wanted to provide the best holiday experience for families and wanted guests to have everything possible to make the holiday special and relaxed. The new indoor swimming pool is amazing with its own changing rooms, toilets, sauna and solar heating. The sunny soft play room was fab and even had its own loo within it, which proved very handy and well thought out! Saved us having to dash back to the cottage on many occasions! We were prepared for the great British weather to surprise us and knew that it didn't matter as come rain or shine, we would still have plenty to do. we were very lucky with the weather in the end and managed a lovely day out at sandy Porthpean Beach too! Other highlights were the woodland Gruffallo trail, large trampoline, egg collecting and animal feeding and the wonderful roaming ducks and cockerels. My daughter particularly enjoyed her pony ride and then a pony grooming session with the lovely Helen. We went to the Eden Project and Lost Gardens of Heligan as well as historical Charlestown. Lots to do in the area and all very close. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but the bottom line is that I can't recommend this place enough for a holiday and we would definitely like to go back one day. Rating 5 out of 5, Chockywockydoodah, reviewed Jul 2014
- We opted for Bosinver after considering a number of other similar options such as Tregongeeves, Glynn Barton and Tredethick cottages. We concluded that Bosinver seemed to offer the best value and had amazing reviews. We were certainly not disappointed and had a terrific holiday. We stayed in hydrangea cottage for 2 weeks from 5-19 July. On arrival there was a much welcome supply of tea and coffee waiting for us together with a jug of milk and delicious cake. The cottage is on a quiet location with beautiful views (but only a couple minutes walk at most to all the wonderful facilities). There was a beautiful ultra modern kitchen which had just been fitted and was not even on the web photos - a funky red one with green glass tiles and a lovely smeg American style fridge. The cottage has all they utensils etc you would expect of a quality holiday home. The bed linen was ultra smooth and soft and I wasn't surprised when I checked out the label it was the White Company. I even ordered some for home as it was better quality than the Egyptian cotton I had. The cottages are run by the truly wonderful Nanny Pat and Farmer Dave. The children meet each morning to feed the farm animals and at the end choose an egg to take home and cook. This was a also good opportunity for the children to get to know each other and my 4 year old loved it every single day! I can't really list everything on offer but highlights include the wild kids club, pony rides and the gruffalo trail. The swimming pool seemed brand new and was well maintained. Nothing seemed like too much trouble - of course it is a business but they do not seem very greedy or or overly commercial. For example, pony rides, swimming, wild kids club etc are all free. My son loved being on the site so much it was a trial at times to convince him to leave to explore the local attractions. Nanny Pat and Farmer Dave are very warm and it comes across very strongly that it is important to them that you have a great time. They seem to have endless energy and smiles and you get the feeling that they love their jobs - which is lovely to see. Most of the other adults I met had been before and I can see why.....honestly, if you are looking for a child friendly holiday in this area....just book a cottage, I can't imagine anyone not liking it! Of course adults can go without children and many do but it is I think truly magical for children. Rating 5 out of 5, Anne, reviewed Jul 2014
- We have just returned from our first visit to Bosinver. We had a fantastic week in Olearia cottage which was right in the middle of the play area - sandwiched between the swings and trampoline out the front door and the slides and farm themed play equipment at the back, so toddler heaven for our twins (nearly 3). The cottage itself was well equipped and furnished, and spotless on our arrival (complete with milk, cake and coffee/tea/sugar). We were able to pre-order booster seats so didn't need to worry about packing those. We could also borrow rain suits, buckets and spades and other beach paraphernalia, BBQs and even wellies if we needed them! The on-site (all inclusive) activities would have been enough to amuse us all. The children loved the daily animal feeding/egg collecting (omelettes for lunch!) and are still full of 'Farmer Dave'. The woodland on the farm is beautiful and we enjoyed the Grufallo trail, tunnel slide, tyre swing and zip wire in the woods. The 'wild kids' session was really well delivered given the young age of the participants; making fairy jewellery, magic wands and toasting our marshmallows on the fire. Pony grooming and I think pony rides were also an option for older children. The indoor solar heated swimming pool was an absolute bonus, a new building and clearly built to a really high standard. The play barn was great, although due to good weather we only used it once. Gym equipment for adults, comfy couch and stereo so you could either chill out or work out whilst the children played on the soft play. Again all spotlessly clean and well maintained. A laundry on site was great for a midweek wash of dirty clothes. Despite the fabulous facilities at Bosinver we did venture out to the Toddler friendly beach at Fowey (Readymoney beach - take your buggy as decent walk back up the hill to the carpark), Lappa Valley and the excellent Maritime Museum in Falmouth. On pulling up on our drive at home our son declared 'I want to do back to the Holiday House'. Fortunately I booked the same cottage for the same week next year before we had even left so we will definitely be back. Rating 5 out of 5, Lyse, reviewed May 2014
- We have just returned from our family holiday with our 19 month old girl twins and it was amazing! The girls explored new things every day and so had a ball. Happy children makes happy parents! There was something to do both on the farm and outside locally regardless of the weather. Also everybody was so friendly and welcoming - couldn't have asked for better! Accommodation had everything and was very clean. Can't wait to return next year! Rating 5 out of 5, Amanda, reviewed May 2014
- We spent 2 carefree weeks here this Summer. What a treat of a holiday. The kids were happy and the most free we have ever seen them, enjoying the beautiful meadows and fields, hugging the sheep and enjoying the outside play areas every day (even on our one day of rain as they loved it so much!). They adored the pony rides, loved animal feeding and Farmer Dave even gave the boys a ride on his tractor which was a highlight! The pool is truly spectacular- enjoyed by us as families in the day and a relax in the pool and sauna in turn each evening for the grown ups! The cottages are really fantastic- attention to detail, as with everything here is very obvious. We are planning a return trip already- no wonder the vast majority of people return here year after year. Helpful people, wonderful facilities, beautiful grounds and stunning cottages. Just perfect for a family holiday. The children I am sure will have memories of this holiday forever. Rating 5 out of 5, Hannah, reviewed Jul 2013
- Veronica Cottage: I always think you know you're in the right place when your PJs match the bedroom decor and there are glimpses of familiarity and home dotted about you. Bosinver captures the essence of childhood family holidays with contemporary style and a passion for preserving the future. These are holidays with integrity that are good for the soul. The new eco house is amazing - a clever mix of invigorating style with peace and tranquillity. A place to just "be" and savour the intensity of nature's rich pleasures. Be prepared to kick off your boots and let the days unfurl... Rating 5 out of 5, Kate, May 2011
- We've just come back from a fabulous week at Bosinver. Everything was simply excellent from the cottage to the scenery to the delightful animal feeding sessions with Farmer Dave. We had such fun, everything that childhood hollidays should be. Our toddler couldn't get enough of the animals, the hens even came into the garden for extra feeding! The play bard is superbly kitted out and the there are play areas galore, including a delightful lake and woodland walk. We had such a wonderful time, I'm booking a space for next year. I can't recommend it highly enough. Giving everything a 10 simply isn't high enough praise! Thank you to the family for making us so welcome. Rating 5 out of 5, Jane, Oct 2010.
- Over the last 20 years, we have had many self-catering holidays in Cornwall, but since we discovered Bosinver about 10 years ago, we've never felt the need to look elsewhere. It's clearly a wonderful place for families with small children, but it's no less ideal for couples of all ages. Pick one of the cottages outside the central farmyard complex, and you just don't notice that there's anyone else around. The location, layout and standard of the cottages is outstanding. It's absolutely perfect for getting about the rest of Cornwall (Fowey, Roseland,Truro and St Agnes are very easy and quick to get to). But you needn't go far if you don't want to: the local pub (with excellent food) is a pleasant short walk away and there are other lovely walks in the vicinity. We simply can't find any downside. Rating 5 out of 5, Trevor, Oct 2010
- Well what can I say about Bosinver that has not already been said. It is FABULOUS... we are off to Bosinver in October for our 15TH visit. We have twin boys who we have been coming to Bosinver since they were just 2 years old - now 8 years old. The cottages are just great - home from home with lots of thoughtful touches - from the fresh cream cake on arrival to a fully equipped kitchen, all individually decorated and just beautiful. Really home from home. There is just so much to do at Bosinver with the play park - a visit before bed is an absolute must!( After the rounds of goodnights to Chalky - the goat, Spike - the pigmy goat, Secret and Rupert - the horses)The swimming pool is lovely, a 'zip wire' and tunnel slide down the bottom of the fields and the lakes with the woodland walk and of course the play barn. Pat Dave and Helen work so hard to make your stay so wonderful that nothing is too much trouble - they are like family now! This place really is a little piece of heaven and we cannot wait until half term to be back - as soon as we see the sign we are relaxing !! Rating 5 out of 5, Vicky, Oct 2010. Fourteen of us have just returned from a fabulous week at Bosinver Farm Cottages, having gone there for a 60th birthday celebration. What a fantastic week. So much for the toddlers to do, comfortable cottages for the oldies (we stayed in The Farm House and Olearia), and the zip wire near the lake persuaded the more adventurous of the party to try the big wire at Adrenalin Quarry – the name speaks for itself! As part of our celebrations I booked Rachel of Each Peach Kitchen for her Private Chef service to provide a meal for the ten adults. Rachel could not have been more helpful, providing suggestions for the menu in the early stages, and taking into account some very specific dietary requirements. The meal on the night was fantastic; delicious, and with lots of extra touches that made the evening even more special. I know that all of us in the party will be highly recommending both Bosinver and Rachel's private chef service to our friends and colleagues. Rating 5 out of 5 for both Bosinver & Rachel! Mandy, Oct 2010
- We stayed at Bosinver in August; it was the best holiday we'd had since having children (aged 4 and 2)! Our cottage, Veronica, was beautifully decorated, well equipped and very clean - plus a lovely garden space for the children. So much to do and see; we loved the playground, indoor barn play area and especially the lake and nature reserve. The pool was the temperature of a warm bath!! The children loved the daily animal feeding, egg collecting and pony walking. Pat and Dave are lovely hosts and gave some great recommendations for restaurants, beaches etc and the ready meals available on site made life very easy! All in all a real gem - we're recommending to friends but only after we'd secured our booking for next summer!!! Rating 5 out of 5, Lisa, Sept 2010
- Yet again another wonderful holiday at Bosinver - my elderly parents were worried about coming away as they hardly get out at all at home but this holiday has made them realise there is life outside their 4 walls - thanks for that alone! They were in tears about how wonderful their holiday was. You two think of everything! Just a truly magical, relaxing holiday - we shall definitely be returning. Rating 5 out of 5, Teresa, Sept 2010.
- Our holiday at Bosinver exceeded our expectations. We immediately felt at home in the cottage. Everything you need is there and of a high standard. The play barn is fantastic and perfect for an active 19 month old. The highlight of our holiday was the daily feeding of the animals with farmer Dave and Helen and the pony ride- our little boy loved it and is still talking about it. Rating 5 out of 5, Iain, stayed in Pentree Sept 2010.
- We have just got back from our first family holiday at Bosinver and we absolutely loved it. There is so much to do with the little ones, our 18 month old boy was in his element. From feeding the animals every day with farmer Dave, to hanging out in the fantastic play barn each day was an adventure. With so many beautiful beaches on our doorstep and a huge array of places to visit within an hours drive we actually ran out of time to do everything we wanted. We have already booked to come back next year and hope to make this a regular family holiday. Why bother with air travel when you can just load up the car with all our stuff and head down to Cornwall. Absolutely brilliant! Rating 4.9 out of 5, Sari, Sept 2010.
- Our 3rd visit to Bosinver was as good as the 1st and 2nd. Our two girls, (3 and 21 months) loved the pony rides and collecting the eggs in the morning. We stayed in Higher Hill which was wonderfully spacious and light. Bosinver is a great place to stay and a perfect location for exploring Cornwall. Pat can always suggest some great places to visit. Rating 4.5 out of 5, Anita, July 2010.
- Just come back from a week in Bosinvers Valley View cottage. I wish I'd booked 2 weeks I loved it so much. My 18Month daughter enjoyed feeding all the animals almost as much as I did and it was lovely to see how excited she got by the goats and ponies. The cottage was well equipped, very clean and private. The play equipment indoor and outdoor was a godsend for keeping her occupied. Theres a nice little beach 10 minutes away and plenty of local attractions if you don't want to spend long in the car. We were totally relaxed by the time we left -I can't wait to go back. Rating 5 out of 5, Hazel, stayed June 2010.
- We had a lovely holiday at Bosinver Farm. Feeding the animals was a big hit. Facilities are absolutely brilliant - playground, play barn, cot (a proper one, not a travel one), highchair, plastic plates and cups with spouts etc and a toy box in each cottage. Packing to go there is almost as easy as pre - children holidays! Heated outdoor pool is lovely - no need to grin and bear the cold for the sake of the kids! Frozen food from Each peach was pretty good esp the fish pie. Rating 4.9 out of 5, Laura, June 2010.
- Just arrived home from our first visit to Bosinver. Accommodation is very good and very clean. Facilities and service are very good too........our 4 year old had a wonderful time.......and so did we!.. Rating 4.6 out of 5, Alison, May 2010.
- We have stayed at Bosinver twice and will definitely go back again. The cottages are lovely - well-equipped, comfy and cosy without being twee or chintzy. There is so much to do - DS (4) and DD (2) love feeding the animals, collecting eggs, riding the horses, doing the nature trail and letting off steam in the play barn. When you finally get round to leaving the farm there are loads of things to see and do nearby, to suit every taste, budget and weather conditions. We loved the Lost Gardens of Heligan, the Eden Project, idyllic days out at Looe, Polperro and St Ives to name but a few. I can't imagine being made to feel more welcome - Bosinver is a very special place and we can't wait to go back. I can't recommend it highly enough. Rating 4.7 out of 5, Jo, Jan 2010.
- I came to Bosinver with my family and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I got back and showed my boyfriend this site and we have looked at all the cottages and we are now planning to come and stay at Bosinver at some point next year with his children. I know they will have a brilliant time and it gives me and my boyfriend the chance to unleash the inner children in us both! Top notch cottages, beautifully kept gardens, extremely gorgeous,friendly animals and in great distance for everything that you could think to want to do on holiday!
- Just needed to send a big thank you to all at Bosinver for making our holiday such a good one. We stopped in Higher Hill 12/11/05-19/11/05. The weather was fantastic and the accommodation was superb. The kids enjoyed feeding the animals, and I did two things I thought I'd never do - feeding ducks and having a go on a zip-wire! Big congratulations on your recent award, it's richly deserved. Hope to see you in the near future.
- Arrived strung out with 2 small fed up children. Departed deeply relaxed and happy. Perfect holiday in safe environment for toddlers, who fell in love with the animals and didn't want to leave the farm. You should sell 'essence of Bosinver' for us to take home as medicine.
- We'll recommend Bosinver to our friends and family, but not too many, otherwise there won't be room for us!
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN052) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 12
1 to 6
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Reception on 01726 72128, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Holiday accommodation at Bosinver Farm is as follows:
Useful holiday blog postings for Cornwall
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these holiday cottages.