Tredethick Farm holiday cottages in Cornwall - animal feeding time!
Enjoy the indoor heated swimming pool all year round
Relax in our hot tub garden with stunning views across the farm
Granary Cottage sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
Orchard 2 bedroom cottage sleeping up to 4 + cot
3 bedroom Hayloft Cottage - perfect for your self catering holiday
Liddicoat Cottage sleeps up to 5
Wagonhouse sleeps 4 + cot in 3 bedrooms
Sleeps 3/4 + cot in 2 bedroom Searles cottage - enjoy the cosy woodburner in the winter
Scantlebury holiday cottage sleeps 2 or 3 + cot
Open plan living in 2 bedroom Dairy self catering cottage
We offer daily animal feeding for the kids within your holiday price
Also included is pony riding twice per week
We have both indoor soft play & outdoor play here on our Cornish farm
And you don't need to go to the nearby beach if you don't want to
tredethick farm holiday cottages, lostwithiel, cornwall
- Imagine a holiday as exciting and enthralling for your young children and toddlers as it is relaxing and indulgent for you all in beautiful, secluded, Cornish countryside. Tredethick's just that kind of place, activities include heated pool (1.2m deep throughout), soft play area, outdoor play area, play barn, pony rides, animal feeding, hot tub garden and a farm shop that provides ready meals or local treats. Tredethick has won numerous awards including two categories of the English Tourism Awards (Best Self-Catering Holiday, and Environmental Tourism).
- Our cottages are your home for the holiday; we know from our own experience that it's impossible to have a great holiday in a sub-standard cottage, so we make sure ours are comfortable, well-equipped, welcoming, warm and clean. Their kitchens are as well-suited to cater for children's tea time as they are for more elaborate meals, and all of them, we think, are easy to make yourselves feel properly at home in. (Many have log fires, all are centrally heated.). Children's blackout blind, cot, highchair and bed guard are available on request. Babysitting can also be arranged. Internet access is available via wireless broadband.
- We are pretty central in Cornwall; most places you might want to visit are less than an hour away. (Having said which, there's so much close by, you mightn't even get the chance.)
- Within one minute - Start of farm trail to St. Winnow beside the river Fowey.
- Within five minutes - The little riverside town of Lostwithiel, with its lovely one-off speciality shops and restaurants; Lerryn, a lovely village on the creek which has buggy-friendly riverside walks and local ice-cream to enjoy on the Village Green.
- Within ten minutes - Restormel Castle. Great location and wonderful for letting children run around and explore. Respryn Woods. Another buggy-friendly riverside walk, this one leads to National Trust's Lanhydrock House, gardens and tea shop.
- Within 20 minutes - The town of Fowey beside the mouth of the river. Great shops, eateries, plus boat hire and pontoons from which to dangle crab-lines. The Eden Project. Spectacular attraction with its huge tropical biome. Polkerris beach; it's very child friendly and has all the facilities you'll need. Charlestown. There is nearly always at least one sailing ship in port looking like it is just sailed out the Pirates of the Caribbean. The Camel Cycle Trail is level, car-free and ideal for babies & toddlers. You can hire bikes, trailers for babies in car seats, tagalongs, etc, from the Trail at Wadebridge.
- Granary: sleeps 6 + cot in three bedrooms. The original granite steps take you straight upstairs to the beautiful, airy living/kitchen area, a feeling heightened by its high-beamed ceiling and many windows. This means it's flooded with light in the day, while the large woodburning stove gives it that perfect evening cosiness. Stairs lead down to the double bedroom with en suite shower, washbasin and toilet, and to the two twin rooms, shower room and bathroom, too. The courtyard garden's reached via one of the twin rooms, the Granary has great views, lots of sunshine on its new front decking
- Liddicoat: sleeps 5 + cot in two bedrooms and a galleried loft bedroom. Liddicoat has a traditional Cornish stone porch which is as attractive as it is ideal for coats and wellies; its open plan kitchen/living area is spacious and relaxed, and large French windows open on to the courtyard which, as it gets the sun on summer evenings, is perfect for barbecues. The newly revamped bathroom has a separate power shower; there's a galleried loft bedroom, accessed by a ladder from the living area, with a low ceiling and a single bed which we recommend for kids of ten years or more. Of the other two bedrooms, one's a twin (whose beds, incidentally, can't be pushed together) and one's a spacious double with a 5ft light oak bed.
- Dairy: sleeps 4 + cot in two bedrooms. One of the first things you notice about the Dairy is the Cornish stone fire place with a wood burning stove. The open plan kitchen/living area has a high beamed ceiling and enjoys the best of the sun in the morning. The wide hallway leads to a spacious double bedroom with a 5ft light oak bed, large twin bedroom and a generous bathroom with a bath and a separate power shower. The courtyard is accessed from the hallway, and the garden area catches the sun for most of the day.
- Hayloft: sleeps 6 + cot in three bedrooms. Arranged upside down, the Hayloft has a lovely spacious living/kitchen area reached from the staircase just inside the front door. Its maple kitchen, mix of wood floors and carpet, and large inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove all combine to a highly impressive effect. Downstairs, the double bedroom has a large en suite with a separate shower as well as the kind of Victorian roll-top bath. There's another bathroom, with a shower over the bath, plus two beautifully decorated twin bedrooms. Farm Self catering Holiday Cottages, Lostwithiel, Cornwall The courtyard garden, which enjoys sun for most of the day, is reached via a door from the double room.
- Wagonhouse: sleeps 4 + cot in three bedrooms. A good deal of this cottage's character comes from its exposed granite pillars and stonework. Wagonhouse is entered via a recently refitted kitchen, and a hallway leads to the spacious double bedroom with a 5ft light oak bed and pine wash stand. There are a further two single bedrooms and a bathroom with bath and separate power shower. The courtyard enjoys sunshine for most of the day; it's reached via French doors.
- Scantlebury: sleeps 2/3 + cot in one bedroom and a galleried loft bedroom. This is a sunny cottage that's been comprehensively updated quite recently. Its large living area leads directly out to a courtyard whose morning sunshine is ideal for outdoor breakfasts. There's a galleried loft bedroom, too; it opens out into the living area and has a single bed (this space is probably best suited to a child of at least ten). The double bedroom also gets a lot of the sun, and Scantlebury's bathroom has a separate power shower.
- Orchard: sleeps 4 + cot in two bedrooms. Orchard's another cottage to feature a traditional Cornish stone porch, so handy for coats and wellies; from there it's into the hallway and the beamed, open kitchen/living area which has a large stone fireplace with wood burning stove (as well as full central heating, of course) and from which you can watch the lambs playing in the orchard. There's a double bedroom with a 5ft brass bed, as well as twin bedroom. The bathroom has a separate bath and power shower.
- Searles: sleeps 3/4 + cot in two bedrooms. Searles' living/kitchen area enjoys sunshine for most of the day, warmth from a woodburning stove as well as great views of the orchard and its resident population of chickens and lambs. The double bedroom is light and airy, with a 5ft brass bed; the other bedroom can be used as a single or a cosy twin. The bathroom has a separate bath and power shower. Outside's easily accessible, and its picnic table's well placed for sunshine, too.
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Cornwall:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking here ...
- Family holidays in Cornwall have been incredibly popular for years - should you follow the trend? Cornwall has traditionally been the most popular holiday destination in the UK ever since I can remember. Why is this? What is there to do & see? Is it really that good? Discover the answers to these questions & more by clicking here.
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Click here to check availability of all Tredethick Farm Self Catering Holiday Cottages
- Please send us a review of these self catering cottages in Cornwall by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 2 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 4 out of 5
- Tredethick is an excellent, well designed and well thought out place to bring your young children. It is managed by lovely people and the facilities are very clean and suitable for young children. My 2 girls 5 and 10 loved it- they especially enjoyed the animal feeding and the lovely warm pool.The cottages are well equipped and quite charming as is the shared courtyard. Out of season the prices are reasonable, in season it is very expensive but if its what you are looking for its worth the money- the advance bookings speak for themselves! Rating 4 out of 5, Fiona, received Oct 2011.
- Liddicoat: I can honestly say that this was one of the best holidays I have ever had with the kids (aged 4 and 6). It didn't matter what the weather was doing as there was just so much to do at the farm, we didn't want to leave it!! The kids loved the animal feeding each morning and the pony rides, then it was on to one of the two undercover play barns, the trampoline or the outdoor play area, then it was into the indoor swimming pool - I don't normally swim but the temperature was so lovely that I spent 2 hours each day in the pool with the kids. After that, we went on the farm trail that was beautiful, back to say "hi" to the animals (several times) before a DVD from the large free selection whilst I had one of the home made dinners available whilst relaxing in the lovely, warm, comfortable and very well equipped cottage. It was the first time I had been on holiday with the kids on my own - my husband had to work but when he arrived a day before the end of the holiday, he couldn't understand why the kids went to bed so easily - that's the beauty of so fun to be had. And, to top it all, we even went to the beach in November and the kids went into the sea - it is only 15-20 minutes away with a pub right on the beach for lunch. Excellent value for money out of season and very highly recommended - I don't hesitate to give it a rating of 5 out of 5, Lucilla (yes, editor), November 2010.
- Fred Mawer, Sunday Times, March 2006: It's a huge hit as children scramble to feed lambs with bottles (I'll always remember the look of joy on my son's face). It's very well done ... so it's no surprise that Tredethick is booked up a year in advance in school holidays
- Jane Knight, The Times, January 2009: Fantastic time had by all. It is a really wonderful place, high quality, well maintained and friendly.
- The S family, West Mids, 09: Our first visit but definitely not our last ... A lovely cottage with all the comforts of home, and all the thoughtful extra little touches really made it special.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN114) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
2 to 3
up to 3
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Reception on +44 (0)1208 873618, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Useful holiday blog postings for Cornwall
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these holiday cottages.