cornish beach belle, gwithian sands, cornwall, sw england
Holiday Beach Chalet Accommodation Summary (EN027) (click here for map)
||Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking
||Email owner by clicking on icon
- Our chalet is situated on the very private and quiet, family run Gwithian Sands Chalet Park, where around 30 chalets nestle in the dunes.
- Beach Belle is a two bedroomed chalet which sleeps 5 (plus a cot) and is ideally suited to families. The chalet has recently been refurbished and is decorated to a high standard. The large living area has a fitted kitchen, dining table and lounge area with colour TV, Blue Ray DVD player and digital radio. Patio doors lead onto the decking area, where there is further seating for outdoor eating, as well as deck chairs for relaxing. It is a stone's throw from the dunes and is bathed in sunshine all day, perfect for watching the kids play in the dunes.
- Both bedrooms are equally sized - one with a double bed and the other with full size bunk beds and sofa/bed. There is an additional TV and video in the double bedroom. We provide a cot, highchair and other essential baby equipment. The bathroom has a new white suite with an electric shower over the bath. We also provide a BBQ, books, DVDs, toys and games for you to enjoy. Parking is right next to the back door of the chalet and so allows easy access.
- The site office has information on local attractions including wonderful walks on the National Trust coastline. Laundry facilities are available nearby. A 15 minute walk over the dunes brings you to the beach - an unbroken stretch of sand from the mouth of the River Hayle to Godrevy Lighthouse. The beach at Gwithian is ideal for families and surfing, with surf shops and cafes in the dunes. The quiet village also has a pub serving food. Hayle is a 5 minute drive away with more shops and places to eat. St Ives is 10 minutes away by car, or park and ride on a picturesque train journey from Lelant Saltings.
- The local area is beautiful, surrounded by villages, beaches and coastal paths and is steeped in tradition and mystery. The lovely town of St Ives, with its many art galleries and cafes, is a ten minutes drive away. There are plenty of things to do and places to visit such as the world heritage tin mines, open air theatre, castles, wonderful gardens, animal sanctuaries, theme parks and attractions, and activities like cycling , walking, and horse riding… not to mention some of the best surfing in Cornwall - all with great restaurants and local pubs along the way.
Availability, Prices & Booking
- The chalet is generally available from Friday to Friday although part weeks or different starting dates may be available at off-peak times. We also offer last minute bookings when available.
- Please look at the calendar to check availability and then click on the link to complete a booking enquiry. The darker dates are already booked. The prices indicated on each Friday are for the forthcoming week.
- Once you have submitted a booking form we will respond as quickly as possible and reserve your dates. A deposit of £100 is required within 5 days of making the booking. Please do not send any money until we have confirmed availability. Details of how to pay will be sent with your booking confirmation. Enquiries made with the on-line booking form will take priority.
- Please bring your own bed linen and towels (all of which we can offer at extra cost if easier for you). Dogs are charged at £25. Electricity is included (many chalets operate coin metres).
Useful holiday blog postings for Cornwall
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Cornwall:
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this luxury beach chalet in Cornwall by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 18 family holiday recommendation, average rating 4.9 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 4.5 out of 5
- This is a refurbished 1960s wooden beach chalet, it has 2 bedrooms (double and a twin with bunk beds). It's a real home from home setting with all the mod cons that you could need for a comfy self catering break. The setting is fabulous, it's on an envoronmentally friendly chalet park which is really well run - properties are not too close together like some caravan parks can be. There are games and DVDs for the children and also body boards in the outside box. The chalet itself is set right beside some of the largest dunes in Cornwall and it's only a 15 minute walk to the beautiful Gwithian sands where you can walk your dog all year on parts of it. If you're looking for a stylish place to stay in Cornwall then look no further - this place is the best. Rating 5 out of 5, Donna, Apr 2013.
- A wonderful short break in a fabulous part of the world! Beach Belle is a stylish, yet really cosy and homely, chalet right at the foot of the sand dunes. It is a well equipped holiday home and we wanted for nothing during our stay. It's not easy to find a great property that will accept 2 dogs, no matter how well trained they are, so we were delighted to have stumbled upon this gem! We had some lovely walks in the dunes and along the beautiful stretch of coastline. We weren't the only ones to wear ourselves out; we had to turn the radio up on the back way home to Plymouth because the dogs were snoring do loudly! All of us were sad to leave, but we will be back! Thanks to Caroline, the owner, for being so accommodating. Rating 5 out of 5, Justine, Oct 2012.
- Peaceful location, great for kids, cosy little chalet. Rating 5 out of 5, Paula, Aug 2012
- Lovely property great location for west cornwall owners very helpful will use again for another short break. Rating 4 out of 5, Kevin, Jan 2012.
- Nice clean tidy chalet, lovely location,comfy beds helpful owner. Rating 5 out of 5, Arron, Oct 2011.
- We really enjoyed this holiday. Beach Belle chalet is situated on a superb quiet chalet/caravan park in Hayle, Cornwall. The chalet itself is decorated to a high standard with very comfortable amenities. We have two young boys aged 5 and 2 who loved to play in the safe sand dunes next to the chalet. The beach is within walking distance of around 15 minutes over sand dunes and greenery. The park itself was very clean and well looked after with a shop on site. We are looking to book again for next year. If you are looking for a self catering type of family holiday, close to the beach and reasonably priced, then you can't beat this. Rating 5 out of 5, Adelle, Aug 2011.
- We spent two wonderful weeks in Beach Belle!The house is lovely decorated and furnished.Nothing was missing and we felt very well. The owner is a very friendly + uncomplicated person :0)+ gave us a warm welcome! Between other similar chalets Beach Belle is just a small climb up to the dunes , where you can start great walks to Godrevy Lighthouse , to the nearby beaches or where ever you like...the next village Hayle is a walk of about 30 min away- by car itÂ´s abouts 5 min- where you can find foodstores, shops , cafes and restaurants...Newquay Airport is about 30 miles away and easy to reach by car... St. Ives is about 6 miles away and there goes a bus too. Rating 5 out of 5, Stephanie, Jun 2011
- A fabulous holiday- we came back this year having had a great time last year. Quiet chalet nestled in the dunes- we ran about, swam, walked, cycled, BBQ'd, Eden'd, played and generally had a great time. The best of the family holidays so far- thoroughly recommended. (Family with two children aged 4 and 5.) PS We have already requested a third return next year! Rating 5 out of 5, Elizabeth, May 2011
- We've just returned from this chalet and had a wonderful break. The chalet is beautifully and tastefully furnished - it is a simple white space with pops of colour and stylish touches throughout. Caroline has done her utmost to ensure a family has a comfortable time; my grumpy teens loved the provided body boards and skateboards, also the second tv in the kids bedroom which enabled them to escape from us for a while. The chalet provides a really serene space and has a fab verandah which includes BBQ and table / chairs. Caroline was lovely to deal with, but the chalet and arrival arrangements etc were so good that we didn't get to meet her as all was well! I would really recommend this lovely place if you like wild outdoors; the beach over the dunes is wild and beautiful but you can walk to some great surf cafes where they know how to knock up a great cappu. Kids will love the "great dune" which you can body board down. We visited some wonderful old haunts like Zennor for a great dramatic coastal walk. Rating 5 out of 5, Kathryn, May 2011.
- Chalet is really high standard. Great spot - sitting on the deck watching the kids play in the dunes right beside was really relaxing. Rating 5 out of 5, Nick, May 2011.
- Great for kids with lots of extra toys for them, we had an amazing week and thought the park and scenery were truly stunning, will remember the kids playing in the sand dunes for years. Just felt sofa and floor could be made a little more homely we were lucky with weather but don't think it would be very cosy if we were stuck inside for days. Rating 4.5 out of 5, Leanne, Apr 2011.
- We have just returned from a 10 day break at beach belle and had a great time the chalet was very well maintained and equipped and would definitely stay again and also recommend to friends top marks! Rating 5 out of 5, Jo, Sept 2010.
- This is a brilliant location for families with the sand dunes and beach nearby, the chalet is fitted out with modern furniture and is very clean and well maintained, there are plenty of toys games and DVDs for the children too, and its a dog friendly site as well . Rating 5 out of 5, Paul, Apr 2010.
- We had a really lovely break in Beach Belle. A great base from which to explore Cornwall. Perfect for children, plenty to do both inside and out of the chalet whatever the weather. The chalet was really well equipped and very comfortable. Caroline was very helpful and informative when booking. We would be more than happy to recommend Beach Belle for families or couples alike. Rating 5 out of 5, Ann, Nov 2009
- We had a wonderful, relaxing and fun stay at Beach Belle. The chalet was immaculate and everything we needed for our visit had been thought of and more so. Heaps of good walking, running and surfing on your doorstep. And when you have finished all of that, there are some great cafes for a good lunch or afternoon treat. A perfect location for exploring Cornwall. We'll definitely be back! Rating 5 out of 5, Anna, Nov 2009
- We have stayed at the property 3 times and love both the property and location.The property is as immaculate as it was when we first stayed there 3 years ago. It is well equipped, and both the property and site are extremely child friendly. The ability to walk over the dunes and onto one of the most impressive beaches in Cornwall is fantastic and there are so many other hidden gems to explore on the north and south coast in such close proximity. We have no hesitation in recommending the property to family and friends and will be staying again in 2010. Rating 5 out of 5, Matthew, Oct 2009.
- We spent a wonderful week in the beautiful surroundings of Gwithian Sands made even more memorable by our stylish, comfortable and welcoming home from home for the week, Beach Belle. The beach chalet is nestled amongst the golden sand dunes of Gwithian sands and is a perfect resting place after a long day on the beach. Our two year old loved the games, books and thoughtful touches in the chalet that made him feel at home and as parents we greatly appreciated having a holiday home that provided comfort, style and a cosy place to curl up and read a good book in! Many thanks for a wonderful week and we have already booked for next year! Rating 5 out of 5, Jenny, Gareth & Eli Oct 2009.
- Our family have stayed in Caroline's properties over the last four years. Originally we stayed at Beach Belle, Gwithian in May half-term for two years and then the last two years at Fistral Court, Newquay and have already booked for next year. Beach Belle was our first ever holiday in a rented property. The property was maintained to a very high standard, very well equipped and welcoming, especially suitable for children. Caroline was extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The location of this property was fantastic with great views from the sandunes, lots of freedom for children and we very much enjoyed our stay. Caroline has always been extremely accommodating, allowing us to arrive early when possible, knowing we have travelled a long distance and is always contactable. We would recommend her properties without hesitation. For your information our children ages are 12 & 9. Rating 5 out of 5, Deanna, Oct 2009.