clouds hill cottage, blockley, cotswolds, gloucestershire
Holiday Home Accommodation Summary (EN174) (click here for map)
up to 6
- Peacefully set in the unspoilt village of Blockley, one of the Cotswolds’ most delightful and best kept secrets is this charming double fronted 3 bedroom holiday cottage of mellow stone, built in 1850 and one of a row, retains beams and exposed stone walls. This Cotswolds holiday home is tastefully furnished, comfortable and well equipped. Its south-facing sun terrace and pretty cottage garden offer lovely views over cottages and hills - an ideal setting to enjoy afternoon tea or a glass of wine. Pet friendly cottage.
- A perfectly situated holiday home to explore the Cotswolds’ beautiful villages and wonderful countryside walks. Stratford, Chipping Campden, Broadway and Cheltenham for the races are a short drive. Birmingham NEC, NIA and Symphony Hall within 60 minutes. Golf and riding within 5 miles. Shops, children’s play area, two pubs in village, both of which serve food if you don't fancy self catering all of the time.
Self catering Cotswolds Holiday Home in Blockley
- Living room, wood-burning stove, limestone flagged floor. Dining room, gas fire, both with beams, exposed stone walls. Modern fitted, well-equipped kitchen. First floor: Three bedrooms, antique-style beds; one double, 5ft bed, oak floor, two twin (one antique polished elm floor). Bathroom with shower over Victorian-style clawfoot bath and toilet.
- Wood burning stove - fuel available locally
- Electricity, full gas central heating with underfloor heating in the living room
- Bed linen & towels included
- Travel cot, highchair booster seat available on request
- Freesat TV
- Radio & CD player
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Fridge freezer
- Washing machine & tumble dryer
- Telephone for incoming calls
- Small garden with patio & furniture
- Parking for one car, additional roadside parking
- No smoking
- 2 pets welcome
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this Cotswolds holiday home by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Reviews from the Cottages.com website
- Very spacious cottage. Well equipped. Lovely front garden patio where we sat in the afternoon with the dog in the sun. Very quiet. Handy parking. Free sat TV. Lovely village, nice people.
- A lovely comfortable home for 5 or 6 persons. Decorated with eye for detail and lots of love. Ideally situated in the quiet and beautiful village of Blockey. Very friendly owners who tried to make us as welcome and comfortable as possible. Enjoyed it.
- Charming, clean and comfortable cottage in a village location, helpful village shop and country paths within walking distance.
- It was a very comfortable, clean property with an abundance of nice crockery, glasses and every utensil you could possibly need in the kitchen area. The sitting room was comfortable and the beds extremely comfortable. It was in a lovely, quiet location and the outside space with table and chairs was a bonus.
- Blockley was an ideal location, not as popular as some of the surrounding villages with Main Streets full of shops which attracted the tour buses, but very pretty. There are lots of lovely walks, the hotel and pubs provide excellent food and the shop/cafe was a boon. We enjoyed the history of the parish church,St. Peter and St. Paul, the original of which was mentioned in the Doomsday Book. Chipping Camden/Morton in Marsh/Stow in the Wold and Bourton on the Water all worth a visit, plus, further afield, Malvern. Excellent train service from Morton in Marsh where we travelled and enjoyed our day in Oxford (a 50 min journey).
- The accommodation was perfect and the owners are very friendly and welcoming. The location of the property was also perfect a nice quiet village in the heart of the Cotswolds. I would happily go again and would recommend others.