bluewood lodges, kingham, cotswolds, oxfordshire, heart of england
- Tucked away in a bluebell wood near the traditional village of Kingham in Oxfordshire, Bluewood Lodges provide luxurious and spacious self-catering accommodation. Elegantly decorated in a contemporary style, the many features and facilities of the lodges ensure a very comfortable stay whether for a weeks holiday or a short break.
- Bluewood Lodges is a perfect base from which to explore the natural beauty of the Cotswolds, England's largest Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty`, as well as the many quaint villages that nestle in its rolling green hills and whose architecture displays the indigenous honey-coloured limestone .
- A short trip will take the visitor to the historic market towns of Stow on the Wold, Moreton on Marsh and the lively Chipping Norton. Experience the tranquility of Bourton-on-the-Water, also known as Little Venice, by strolling along the banks of the River Windrush with its many beautiful bridges.
- After a day out in the countryside or a drink at the local pub in Kingham, you can return to Bluewood Lodge and light up the barbecue, relax in the hot tub on your private deck and enjoy the nature right on your doorstep.
- Bike hire*
- Golf* (1 mile)
- Fishing lake nearby
- BBQ hire*
- Wi-Fi access (local info updates)
- Car valet service*
- Daily maid service*
- Outdoor hot tub
- TV with selected Freeview channels/DVD/CD
- Kitchen including microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dryer
- Bath and/or shower
- Bed linen, duvets and towels
- Beds made up for your arrival
- Verandah (lodges)
- Double glazed and centrally heated
- Gas and electricity included
- Babies must be included in party total
- Travel cots and highchairs £12pw each
- Pets £40pw each (max 1) (small breeds only) (Kingham Lodge, Wisteria Cottage and Stable Cottage)
- Welcome pack – Tea, coffee, milk and sugar
All non smoking accommodation
- Wisteria Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 2, 1 bedroom): Cottage with one double bedroom with sloping ceilings. Shower and separate WC. Garden with patio furniture and outdoor hot tub.
- Romeo Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 2, 1 bedroom): Decadent and spacious luxury retreat. Open plan living, perfect for that extra special break, sumptuous king size antique style bed and widescreen TV/DVD and iPod. Separate modern fully equipped kitchen. Extravagant panelled bathroom with freestanding bath, sauna and separate shower with french doors leading to sunken outdoor canopied covered hot tub with magical twinkling star lights. No pets. Also Cupid's Lodge or Valentine Lodge for 2 people that is pet friendly.
- Norton Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4, 2 bedrooms): Superior New England style high quality and spacious lodge. One double with ensuite shower and one twin. Bath with overhead shower. Dishwasher. Outdoor hot tub. No pets. Also to sleep 4 in 2 bedrooms: Kingham Lodge with four poster bed (pet friendly), Norton Plus Lodge and Kingham Plus Lodge both including iPod docking station & extra flatscreen TV in double bedroom.
- Blenheim Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4, 2 bedrooms): A stunning lodge, chic in design and featuring decadent flares of the French Renaissance period. Two doubles, one with ensuite shower and one with ensuite bath with overhead shower. Dishwasher. Private sauna and large decking area complete with sunken outdoor hot tub. Perfect for two couples or small families looking for an extra special treat. No pets.
- Churchill Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 6, 3 bedrooms): High quality, luxury and spacious lodge. One double with ensuite shower and two twin. Bath with overhead shower. Dishwasher. Outdoor hot tub. No pets.
- Stable Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 6, 3 bedrooms): Two storey spacious cottage superbly furnished to an exacting standard. First floor: Double bedroom with sloping ceiling. Ground floor: One double with traditional style king size four poster bed and one twin. Two family bathrooms, one with shower and one with shower over bath. Spacious lounge. Utility room. Large fenced private garden area with outdoor furniture and outdoor hot tub. Can be linked to Wisteria Cottage to sleep 8 via an inter-connecting door – ideal for larger families or groups of friends – please check when booking
- Thatched cottages and mellow country towns nestling in a beautiful rural landscape, impressive stately homes and historic landmarks – discover all the charms of this very English county when you stay at Hoseasons country lodges in Oxfordshire. Outstandingly lovely scenery creates the perfect backdrop for walking and cycling. The Vale of the White Horse, stretching from Oxford to the Cotswolds, encompasses the ancient Ridgeway track and its most notable site, the mysterious Bronze Age figure of a White Horse carved into the chalk hillside.
- City of dreaming spires and Inspector Morse – no stay at our holiday lodges in Oxfordshire would be complete without a visit to Oxford itself. Wander round the famous colleges, explore the fascinating exhibits at the Ashmolean Museum, take a relaxing trip on the river and admire some of the city’s landmark historic buildings, or just indulge yourself with excellent shopping and fine dining.
- The pretty Cotswold towns of Burford and Chipping Norton are among many other places of interest you can explore on lodge holidays in Oxfordshire. And be sure to visit Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill and a masterpiece of baroque architecture – its spectacular lodgeland was landscaped by Capability Brown.
- Please send us a review of these Cotswolds holiday lodges by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- We had a brilliant short break here. It's a lovely setting and a great place to unwind! There is also a lot to see and do! We particularly enjoyed Blenheim palace and Stow on the wold!! I really enjoyed our visit to Adam's farm (mainly because we saw Adam!!) but it would be a great day out for families!!
- Wow ! What an amazing place !! Even though we had read excellent reviews about the Bluewood Lodges they still did not prepare us for just how outstanding the Lodges are. The standard and facilites far exceed anything we have experienced before on a self catering holiday. We usually have a rule not to visit the same place twice but we think we may have to make an exception in this case ! Also, would like to say a big thank you to the lady at Hoseasons (sorry, can't remember her name but she had visited the Lodges herself ) who gave advice on which lodge to book. Thanks to her advice , we changed the Norton Lodge we had initially booked from the central grassy area to one at the edge of the park which gave us far more privacy and had amazing views over the fields.
- Superb accommodation in a superb setting. The lodges are well appointed in a quiet, well maintained park. Our lodge was beautifully furnished to a very high specification. The hot tub was an added bonus. The park is situated within easy reach of the delightful Cotswold countryside and villages. A highly recommended holiday break. Loved it!
Holiday Lodge Accommodation Summary (EN235) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
1 or 2
|not yet||£499- £1,595/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|