hartleton lake retreat, ross on wye, herefordshire
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN078) (click here for map)
- Standing on the banks of lovely Hartleton Lakes in Herefordshire and beside a golf course, this converted stable makes a luxury 3 bedroom self catering holiday cottage. Whether enjoying a day’s fishing, watching otters and the abundant birdlife or exploring the local countryside, this is a wonderful spot for relaxation, whatever the season. Historic Ross-on-Wye, a centre for water sports, is 2.5 miles and Ledbury, the Forest of Dean and the cities of Hereford and Gloucester are all within easy reach. Shops 2.5 miles, pub serving food 1 mile. Pet friendly holiday cottage
- This luxury holiday cottage has 3 bedrooms & sleeps 6 people comfortably. There is a spacious open plan sitting/dining room with well equipped kitchen area. Double bedroom. Bathroom/WC (shower over bath). First floor: Two twin bedded rooms.
Facilities at this luxury cottage:
- Linen (duvets) and towels included
- Full oil Central Heating (£30 per week, £15 per short break)
- Electricity included
- Mini hi fi
- Automatic washing machine
- Garden and terrace with furniture
- Unfenced lake
- Easy walking access
- Pet friendly – 2 well behaved dogs max
- No smoking
What to do on your family holiday in Herefordshire:
- Taking a break in one of our holiday cottages in Herefordshire is the perfect antidote to the stresses and strains of city life. The countryside here is mainly farmland, a patchwork of field and meadows, and village life proceeds at a gentle pace. But there’s plenty to do if you’re feeling active. Walking, cycling and riding are all popular activities here and for the more adventurous there’s canoeing and rock climbing on offer.
- This is also the perfect opportunity to explore the beautiful Wye Valley. Set in a limestone gorge and surrounded by dense woodlands, the valley is a haven for wildlife, some of it rarely seen outside the county. Or, for something different during one of our Herefordshire cottage holidays, why not take the cider tour?
- There are also some delightful towns and villages to explore. The city of Hereford has an impressive cathedral, famous for the Mappa Mundi, showing the world as it was seen at the end of the 13th century. Ross-on-Wye is the main tourist centre for the area and has a number of lovely antique shops to browse, while the high street in historic Ledbury is lined with delightful timbered Tudor houses.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this luxury holiday cottage in Herefordshire by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Reviews from the Hoseasons website
- Idyllic location and wonderful open plan cottage. Perfect for families with or without pets. Open space surrounding cottage was fantastic and the area was abundant with wildlife
- This was the best UK holiday we've had - it was to celebrate my 30th birthday - perfect for us 5 girls to chill out, relax & recharge in beautiful surroundings. The owber Rob was friendly and helpful. The cottage was a home from home - had everything we needed!
- Everything about the cottage the site and the surrounding area was perfect. Whether you be and angler like me or a bird watcher, a walker or just wanting to chill out, this is the place to do it.