oxford thames hotel, henley road, sandford on thames, oxford
Hotel Accommodation Summary (EN254) (click here for map)
| 2 upwards
- This luxury four star Oxford Hotel offers a retreat from the bustle of the city, within easy reach of Oxford city centre. Set in parkland on the River Thames, yet just 3 miles from Oxford, Oxford Thames Four Pillars Hotel combines medieval charm and contemporary elegance, to offer business and leisure guests luxury family friendly hotel facilities, rich in character and comfort.
- All of our 62 en suite bedrooms seamlessly blend the property’s historic character with modern comfort, to ensure your stay in Oxford is an enjoyable one. We also offer fantastic rates, so if you are looking for luxurious, good value accommodation in Oxford, Oxford Thames Four Pillars Hotel is the ideal choice. The bedrooms in the original house benefit from original period features, such as oak beams and ornate windows. Many have views of the river or walled garden. The other rooms have been refurbished in an elegant, contemporary style and have pleasant views of the surrounding grounds. All of our bedrooms include those little touches that make for a more enjoyable stay in Oxford, including tea and coffee making facilities, a trouser press, an iron and ironing board, a safe and a digital television. Cots & high chairs are available if required & there are a number of bedrooms available depending on your group size at this family friendly hotel:
- College Hall Bedrooms (2 adults + cot/young child): College Hall is a grade two listed building that dates back to fifteenth century and many can connect Sandford on Thames and the site of the hotel with famous order of the Knights Templar and romantic echoes of the Holy Crusades. Double, twin & four poster bedrooms available. Some can accommodate a cot and/or bed for a young child.
- Standard double/Standard twin room (2 adults + cot/young child): These stylish rooms offer great value Oxford accommodation and have either a double bed or twin bed to suit your requirements. A baby or young child may share this bedroom with 2 adults. In addition, connecting rooms are available on request to fit a larger family group.
- Connoisseur double (with/without balcony or patio - 2 adults + 2 children): Treat yourself to one of our Connoisseur rooms and you will be able to enjoy a host of additional luxuries. Our Connoisseur rooms include complimentary wine, mineral water, bathrobes, luxury toiletries and a special selection of teas and coffees. It is possible to accommodate 2 children in this type of bedroom in addition to 2 adults.
- Connoisseur chic (2 adults + 2 children): If you want to enjoy an exceptionally luxurious stay at Oxford Thames Hotel, our Connoisseur Chic rooms provide the ultimate in luxury Oxford accommodation. These contemporary and stylish rooms include Clarins toiletries, Divine chocolates, a drinks tray to include wine, mineral water and selected soft drinks, waffle bathrobe and slippers for use during your stay, hair straighteners, 2000mw hairdryer, I-pod & I-phone docking station and charger. It is possible to accommodate 2 children in this type of bedroom in addition to 2 adults.
- Family bedroom (2 adults + 2 children): With an extra bed and plenty of room, these rooms offer great value family accommodation in Oxford. It is possible to accommodate 2 children in this type of bedroom in addition to 2 adults.
- Two bedroom apartment (2 adults + 2/3 children): A large suite with a double room, a twin room and a separate lounge with working desk area and free broadband access. A perfect luxury room for a family or a small group.
- Four poster bedroom (2 adults in luxury): If you are celebrating a special occasion or would simply like to try something extra special, our four poster room is ideal. As well as a four poster bed, it benefits from character features, the perfect compliment to your stay in Oxford.
Jeromes Leisure Club: with fully equipped Oxford gym, outdoor tennis court, heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room & beauty treatments.
- Range of dining options: River Room Restaurant with a la carte dining, Bar Lounge & Gallery, Outdoor Dining & Private Dining.
Tourist attractions near Oxford:
- Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens: A great family attraction, this wildlife park is set in 160 acres of parkland and gardens around a listed Victorian Manor House and has been open to the public since 1970. The Park is home to a fascinating and varied collection of mammals, birds, reptiles and invertebrates from all over the world and aspires to show animals to people - so that they can come to understand and respect all forms of wildlife; to understand what is special about each species, and how the various species have evolved over very long periods of time, adjusting to survive in habitats from many parts of the earth.
- Bicester Outlet Shopping Village: is home to over 130 designer outlet boutiques set around delightful open-air pedestrianised streets, offering up to 60 per cent off previous seasons’ collections from the world’s leading fashion and lifestyle brand names including, Anya Hindmarch, Aquascutum, Bally, Cath Kidston, Church’s, DKNY, Hugo Boss Matthew Williamson, Rupert Sanderson, Salvatore Ferragamo, Samsonite, Ted Baker and Temperley London.
- Blenheim Palace: This spectacular Palace is the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill and is now a World Heritage site. There is something for everyone to enjoy from the inspirational history of the Palace to the awe-inspiring views of 2100 acres of parkland landscaped by ‘Capability' Brown. With the award-winning formal gardens, and family fun available in the Pleasure Gardens which includes the world's second largest hedge maze and the Butterfly House, Blenheim Palace offers a memorable day out and is suitable for the whole family.
- Oxford Castle Unlocked: Tales of murder, romance, betrayal, escape and execution.... The site has been used as a place of incarceration since 1071, continuing until the closure of HM Prison in 1996. The old buildings have been preserved and are now open to the public revealing a time capsule – allowing the buildings to tell their story.
- The Butts Farm: Offering a fun day out for all the family, The Butts Farm is a family run Rare Breeds farm where you can join in all the activities and have real hands-on-experience. You can watch chicks hatching, cuddle the bunnies, feed the Zurich Flying Pigs, give lambs and goat kids their bottles. On a Thursday, the very popular pony rides are also available.
- Cotswold Water Park: Perfect for all the family, the Cotswold Water Park is a vast expanse of lakes, rivers, woodland and countryside that offers a tremendous range of leisure activities. Have a go at some of the exhilerating water sports on offer such as sailing, wind surfing and wake boarding. Or if you prefer to stay on dry land you can enjoy leisurely walks, horse riding, cycling, golfing and visiting the nature reserves.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this family friendly hotel near Oxford by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".