goose nest house, cotswolds water park, somerford keynes
- Goose Nest House is a luxury 5 bedroom self catering holiday home in the Lower Mill Estate, part of the now famous Cotswolds Water Park. This large house has five bedrooms, sleeps 10 (8 adults 2 children), has a spacious, glass-fronted open plan living room with breathtaking views across Somerford Lagoon, the largest lake in Lower Mill - and the only lake without houses built all the way round giving you privacy and spectacular views.
- This family friendly holiday home has wall to wall glass sliding doors opening out onto the glass-fronted balcony. Furnished throughout to the highest standards, from leather sofas to generous sized bedrooms wtih solid maple wood beds with luxury mattresses and high grade Egyptian cotton linen so you can enjoy a restful week or short break in the Cotswolds. In the summer open up the doors & let the outside in, alternatively in the winter enjoy the log burning stove - this is an ideal self catering holiday in the Cotswolds whatever the weather & time of year.
- The fully fitted kitchen provides all mod-cons to make your stay as easy as possible including integrated dishwasher, microwave, five hob oven and spacious fridge-freezer. In the separate utility room there is a Hotpoint washer-dryer. Each bedroom is furnished with solid maplewood beds - two kingsize and two twins fitted with luxury mattresses, Egyptian cotton sheets and hotel-quality fluffy white towels for your comfort. Two of the rooms are ensuite and all have plenty of storage space for your belongings. All rooms have DAB digital radios and both master bedrooms have flat-screen colour TVs with freeview. Wi-fi broaband access is available if required.
- We offer family friendly holiday accommodation where children are always welcome including: child bunks, high chair, travel cot, baby monitor with night light, child bed, stair gates, baby & toddler carrier, steriliser, potty, hand blender, cutlery and plates. For older children, there is a Nintendo Game Cube, DVD and a range of board games, computer games and DVDs to keep them occupied while you relax.
- The £6 million on-site Art Spa, just a short 3 minute stroll from the house, is available only to residents and guests of Lower Mill Esate. It has grey slate-lined indoor and outdoor heated 20 m swimming pools, an `eco pool` where you can swim amongst the lillies; sauna; steam room and gym. Or you could treat yourself (extra) to one of the many pampering treatments on offer using Pervonia organic products. If it is a more active holiday you are looking for, then as well as fishing and boating at Lower Mill, the Cotswold Water Park has plenty on offer: try cable-waterskiing, sailing, riding, and golf.
- The Lower Mill Estate is England's first private nature reserve with seven lakes, three rivers (including the River Thames just three miles from its source and on the famous Thames Path). Lower Mill has otters, beavers, deer, kingfisher and many birds which can be seen from the hides dotted around the Estate. Lower Mill Estate also has a small shop selling local produce, newspapers and freshly baked croissants, two children's playgrounds, trampoline and tennis courts.
- Click here to check availability of Goose Nest House in the Cotswolds Water Park
- Please send us a review of this self catering holiday home in the Cotswolds by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- "We had a lovely time at Goose Nest. The pre-info pack was full of info, especially geared to the child friendly stuff you have there. I didnt see Pete for the meet & greet I am afraid, my friend did but she said that was all fine. Lower Mill was all very good. The view amazing. Having wi-fi was great for the teenage kids amongst us. Really cant fault anything. Thank you very much" LT, Essex, January 2012
- "Brilliant accommodation for family holiday, 9 months to 95, all had a wonderful weekend. The house had everything we needed and more. The on site facilities were great, cycling swimming, walking and wildlife, but difficult to see beavers with our noisy children! We would recommend Goose Nest to anyone." SD, Surrey April 2011
- "We had such a lovely time at Goose Nest. There was nothing more we could have asked for, for a magical Christmas scene with all the snow and ice. It really was very special. So, a really big thank you and we will definitely be exploring when we might be able to come back and certainly be telling our friends." SB, Bath December 2010
- "I just wanted to drop you an email to let you know what a fantastic time we had at Goosenest House over the weekend. You have a wonderful house in a beautiful location and we were made to feel extremely welcome. When we arrived the House looked inviting and was lovely and warm. It was just brilliant that you had provided not only the essentials - tea, milk, sugar - but had also given us a box of chocolates - a lovely touch. It was also so nice to have a kitchen so well stocked with crockery and cutlery which meant we didn't have to put the dishwasher on/wash up every five minutes!! It was also great to see that you had things like foil, clingfilm, oil, salt & pepper etc, just in case we needed it. Your games drawer was superb as was your information box in which we were able to find anything we needed, including instructions on how to close the blinds in the top bedroom!! Also would like to compliment the decor and furnishings - all the bedrooms were so clean, the bedding was pristine and the beds so comfortable. The bathrooms were also sparkling with not a dripping shower in sight. The lounge, dining and kitchen area were also spotless and there was plenty of space for our party of 8. We have all talked about a possible return to Goosenest in 2011 as we had such a memorable time - we will remember the view for a long time" SR, November 2010
- "I wanted to let you know what a great time we had, in no small part due to the house being so well equipped for children. Having a huge box of toys, not to mention the highchairs and travel cots just made it so easy and also a refreshing change not to be charged for every little extra!" JG, Surrey, September 2010
- "We had another wonderful wonderful week in your home and cannot praise you highly enough for everything you've done in the house to make it a stress free, luxurious break for everyone. Once again - thanks for a brilliant visit. We'll be back !!" SG, Oxfordshire, August 2009
- "From the minute we arrived we fell in love with the place. It is beautifully decorated throughout but manages to feel homely at the same time, the kitchen was superbly equipped and the view from the sitting room is amazing. Everything was exactly as described and beautifully clean and well cared for, it was a real treat to stay here and the spa treatments were fantastic and very reasonably priced. Great play area/trampoline for our toddlers but at the same time a really tranquil feel to the whole place." CP, Surrey, June 2009
- "Myself and seven others were looking for a place in the Cotswolds to celebrate our 30th's! We wanted a place where no one ended up with a small box room. Here at Goose Nest all the rooms are fabulous! You will not be disappointed. Beautiful views, modern living and plenty of equipment to see you through your stay - there are even binoculars to see all the wildlife on the lakes! We loved the log fire, the house was always a lovely temperature but we 'had' to light the fire for effect! You will not be disappointed by this stunning property. The owners are very kind and helpful too. We would love to return one day." EC, December 2009
- "I just wanted to let you know that we had the most wonderful week at your home on the Lower Mill Estate. It is one of the best family holidays any of us can remember and we would love to go back ( soon!!) Your home is beautiful and superbly decorated and equiped. Thank you so much." SG, Oxfordshire, August 2008
- "The artspa was excellent and the estate was very peaceful and well organised. We had an excellent time and there is so much to do in the area, an excellent house, well equiped in a good location thankyou" BG, Scotland, August 2008
- Thanks for having such a wonderful place - we all really totally relaxed . It was great with the baby and the views were fantastic. We will be in touch to stay again! MB, Merseyside July 2008
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN270) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 10
|not yet||from £880, short breaks available|
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Madeleine on 01590 622 360 or 0844 3570170, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Lower Mill Estate Facilities
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this holiday cottage.