little gaerfields, upperfields farm, wye valley, herefordshire
- A superb 17th century barn conversion to a large holiday home sleeping from 2 up to 20 on a working farm in the Herefordshire Wye Valley also close to the Forest of Dean and the border of Wales, with a swimming pool, swim jet and sauna. It has been converted with great attention to detail and to a high standard to two semi detached houses. We now let the property as one large house as it is ideal for larger group holidays. There is an inglenook fireplace with wood burner, beamed walls and ceilings, antique stained glass, built in Hoover cleaning system, underfloor heating, modern fitted kitchens and comfortable sitting rooms. A lovely large holiday home that has been awarded 4 stars. Enjoy a fresh farm egg for breakfast and after take a walk around the footpaths or enjoy all the many things that Herefordshire has to offer.
- There are optional guided walks to find & identify wild food and mushrooms (when in season) with an expert guide Rauol. The two best know walks are Offa's Dyke footpath and The Wye Valley walk but Herefordshire has many others as well. The Blossom trail and the Herefordshire Trail are just two to tempt you with. Mappa Mundi, The Black and White villages, The Golden Valley, The Cider Route, Symonds Yat Rock are just a few places to experience while you are on holiday in Herefordshire. Hereford, Ross-on-Wye, The Royal Forest of Dean, Monmouth and Wales are within 10 to 20 minutes drive.
- The accommodation is let as one large holiday home during weekends and school holidays, outside of this time, the property can be separated into two halves: one half sleeps up to 9 adults in beds and 4 children in z beds; the other half sleeps 11. Both properties have 3 bedrooms but given the size of the barn, this is how we can accommodate so many people.
- Everyone can dine together in one big room and enjoy the inglenook fireplace with it's cosy woodburner. Period charm has been retained throughout and there are wonderful views across Herefordshire, The hills of Wales and The Malvern Hills from the farm. There are 3 en-suite bedrooms and 3 further bedrooms plus 2 bathrooms one with a slipper bath. There is also a fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher and washing machine, plus TV with Freeview and DVD player.
- There is a children's play area outside plus cots/high chairs are available if required. Home cooked food can be delivered to your kitchen or fresh baked cakes and Tesco's, Waitrose or Sainsbury's are happy to deliver pre-ordered food. Pengethley Farm shop will delivier fresh Hereford product. Wi-Fi internet access is available and also via Ethernet cable.
- We have also just had a Shepherds hut with 5' zip and link bed and en suite shower room delivered to make an extra bedroom if required.
- Click here to check availability of Little Gaerfields Wye Valley Holiday Home
- Please send us a review of this self catering cottage in the Wye Valley by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- I am 13, and I only got home from here a few ours ago...I want to go back. It is a great family place and there is lots to do. The pool is great and so is the sauna. Thank You we all had a great time!! Alisha
- Had a wonderful stay at Little Gaerfields! We all had a lovely time, the house is great with lots of games and the pool and sauna. The bedroom was lovely and I enjoyed the animals around the house. It is a great family holiday and I hope we can come back again! Thanks Sheila x
- We had a wonderful stay at Little Gaerfields, our hosts couldn't have been more friendly and helpful, we especially appreciated some wonderful gifts of eggs (both chocolate and normal) and veggies. Though the pavlova was definitely the best and really delicious! The accommodation was wonderful very comfortable, the photos on the website didn't do the barn justice - it was fab! Great location, beautiful scenery, loved the playarea looking over the countryside - will definitely return!
- Just returned from a fantasic weekend at Little Gaerfields. The weekend went by so quickly as there was so much to do - the pool, the play area, the field for ball games, the indoor play barn the list goes on. The house is ideally located for lovely walks in and around the countyside and yet near to towns and cities to visit more major attractions if you wanted to. The house was very clean and spacious and Sheila had thought of everything even down to the chocolate eggs! The encouragement to recycle was welcomed and fun for the children - after all its not everyday you can feed scraps to the pigs! Sheila and Vernon as hosts were always there to offer you advice and help whilst ensuring and repsecting your complete privacy. We - thats 11 children, 8 adults and 1 dog having had a busy yet very relaxing weekend and are already planning next years reunion. Thankyou. Definitely recommend
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN152) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 20
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Sheila on 01989 770281, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
use arrows to check months, shaded red is already booked
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this holiday cottage.