braunton cottage, driftwood, near croyde, north devon coast
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN238) (click here for map)
up to 4
- Braunton Cottages are an ideal place to take your weekly holiday or short breaks. Driftwood holiday cottage is a wonderfully spacious Victorian double fronted 2 bedroom holiday cottage situated in the heart of Braunton near the North Devon coast. Perfect for families or couples, with a variety of shops, restaurants and village pubs literally on the doorstep and the beautiful award winning sandy beaches of Saunton and Croyde within a few minutes' drive.
- The living room is light and bright with comfy leather seating flanking a feature fireplace with real flame gas fire, ensuring warm and cosy evenings all year round. You can enjoy leisurely breakfasts or special family meals in the attractive separate dining room. Well equipped and modern in design the kitchen looks out over the private and fully enclosed rear courtyard, a lovely suntrap and perfect for barbecues. A secure outbuilding in the courtyard provides storage for surfboards, bikes and leisure equipment. Upstairs both stylishly presented bedrooms have original wooden floors and feature fireplaces. The spacious contemporary family bathroom serves both rooms. Located on a quaint village street there is roadside parking nearby or a permit is provided for a private parking space just a hundred yards away. However you spend your time in this beautiful area, Driftwood is a most welcoming home to return to and is a firm holiday favourite.
- Braunton Cottage, Driftwood: Ground floor: Lobby. Living room with gas fire, TV with freeview and DVD. Dining room. Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher and larder fridge. Outside Utility room with freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. First floor: Bedroom 1 with Double with small flat screen TV and Freeview. Bedroom 2 with Twin. Bathroom with bath, WC, basin and shower cubicle. A 3rd bedroom is for the owners own use and is private and locked.
- Facilities and Services at this Braunton holiday cottage : Linen and towels. Gas CH. No smoking. Regret no pets. Garden furniture. BBQ. A selection of games and books. A parking permit is provided for private car park approx 100yds. Roadside parking nearby. Short breaks available. Arr/Dep for weekly bookings is Friday.
Useful holiday blog postings for Devon
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Devon:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking the article title above.
- Why not try Devon for your next family holiday? Discover here why Devon is such a great choice for family holidays in the UK - discover Devon's stunning & secret beaches, get close to wildlife, have fun while learning or DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
- A guide to Dartmouth - holiday at this pretty little port town on the south Devon coast for the nature, history & water-based activities. Plus some ideas on where to find your holiday accommodation.
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this Braunton cottage by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Reviews from the Marsdens website
- Was a pleasure to stay in the cottage, was more than we were expecting.
- A beautiful cottage - a home from home, great location, possibly the best cottage we have stayed in.
- A beautiful property, can't fault it
- A beautiful cottage with fantastic facilities. Really well sized. A brilliant home from home.
- Lovely cottage with every home comfort.