Devon Bay Holiday Park, Paignton, south Devon
Devon Bay stunning seaside location with miles of blue flag beaches
There's plenty of activities at this holiday park plus a kids club
Typical holiday park evening entertainment
Platinum standard top quality holiday accommodation
Spacious bedroom in platinum grade caravans
Gold level self catering accommodation
Silver level self catering holiday accommodation
Bronze level self catering caravan holiday
Indoor swimming pool at Devon Bay holiday park
Eat at one of our onsite restaurants - al fresco
Alternatively inside - who needs to self cater on holiday?
devon bay holiday park, paignton, south devon
- With mile upon mile of stunning coastline, crystal blue sea, 6 blue flag beaches, and picturesque fishing villages nearby, it's easy to see why Devon Bay is such a popular Devon holiday park. Whether you prefer contemporary static caravans or touring holidays, Devon Bay’s outstanding facilities and proximity to local attractions like the Dart Valley Steam Railway, Paignton Zoo and Babbacombe Model Village makes it perfect for all kinds of family holidays.
- On the Park, indulge in a spot of crazy golf, ten pin bowling – or fly down the flume ride in our heated indoor pool. Keep the little ones entertained with our Sammy Seahorse Club, indoor play area The Reef, or our extraordinary adventure playground. And if all that gets too strenuous, forget all your cares in our sauna or steam room.
- Licensed Club with season long Entertainment
- Heated Outdoor Pool (mid May to mid Sept)
- Indoor Leisure Pool with Flume, Sauna & Steam Room
- Sammy Seahorse Club
- Free Wi Fi Hotspot in Club
- NEW Fitness Room
- Adventure Playground
- Nature Trail
- The Reef (Indoor Soft Play Area)
- Satellite TV in Club
- Basketball/Mini Football Field
- Dr Detox*
- Amusement Arcade*
- Hoburne Bowl (Mini Bowling)*
- Crazy Golf*
- Pool Table*
- Bayview Restaurant, Bar & Sundeck*
- Beach Hut Snack Bar & Takeaway*
- Porthole Kiosk
- Platinum Static Caravans: available with 2 or 3 bedrooms and are 12ft wide and have a gated decking area, 32" flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD player, iPod/iPhone dock, electric fire, kitchen including dishwasher, master bedroom with TV, shower room, heating and double glazing.
- Gold Static Caravans: available with 2 or 3 bedrooms and are 12ft wide and have a gated decking area, 24" flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD player, electric fire, kitchen, shower room, heating and double glazing.
- Silver Static Caravans: available with 2, 3 or 4 bedrooms and are 12ft wide with 19" flatscreen TV, electric fire, kitchen, heating in main bedroom & shower room.
- Bronze Static Caravans: available with either 2 or 3 bedrooms and are 10ft wide offering good value for money with 14" TV, electric fire, kitchen area and shower room.
- Standard Caravan Touring Pitch: Hard standing for car and caravan; Awning area where available; Electricity Connection (10 amp); Seasonal pitches available (contact us for more details); Sorry - No Tents
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Devon:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking the article title above.
- Why not try Devon for your next family holiday? Discover here why Devon is such a great choice for family holidays in the UK - discover Devon's stunning & secret beaches, get close to wildlife, have fun while learning or DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
- A guide to Dartmouth - holiday at this pretty little port town on the south Devon coast for the nature, history & water-based activities. Plus some ideas on where to find your holiday accommodation.
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
- Please send us a review of this Torbay holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Stayed the week before half term. Had a Silver Caravan and booked via Hoseasons. Our first caravan had a strong smell of damp; the next day we told reception and they arranged for us to move to another caravan and it was nearer to the amenities, which was a bonus. The staff were all friendly, helpful and professional. The fact they dealt with our concern so quickly really impressed us. Happy with the caravan itself. Well laid out and kitted out with everything you need. Even had a loo roll in the bathroom. Really good spacious double bedroom. With more than enough space for a travel cot. Loads of pillows and duvets. Clean swimming pool and changing facilities. Liked that you have to remove shoes before entering changing room. Soft play, under 5's and older children outdoor play areas fun for kids. Outdoor pool closes in September so will have to try it out on our next visit. Can imagine peak seasons the park could be very busy and may not be an enjoyable as it may feel crammed with too many people, but we all thoroughly enjoyed our holiday and would definitely come back. Stayed October 2015
- I've been going to Hoburne Devon bay for many years now and in general its been a good experience but beware of when you book !!! We booked again for the half term week at the end of October what a mistake !! unfortunately this now the same time as the annual national baton twirling championships which are now held a stones throw away at the leisure centre (although I have nothing against the twirlers) just the sheer numbers that now book at Hoburne make the site packed !! The club house was packed as early as 6pm with standing room only as ALL the tables are taken over, the swimming pool each day was like a scene out of titanic with hordes of people bobbing about and as for the end of season Halloween party there was 50/60 people queuing from 4pm just to get a table. I have nothing bad to say about the site, club or swimming pool itself, clean, decent food, good service etc ( but please, please, please, Hoburne improve the Wi-Fi its THE worse Wi-Fi I've come across we didn't get a single phone, tablet or laptop to connect all week although it showed as full strength ) Its just the sheer number of people that now book at the same time (I was talking to somebody that had booked during the peak summer season and they said it was nothing compared to the Oct half term). So book with confidence, just avoid the Oct half term as this is twirlers time and you will not get a seat in the clubhouse or be able to enjoy the pool. Stayed October 2015, travelled with family
- First impression when we got into caravan was this is the best van I have ever stayed in. Looking forward to the evening entertainment, oh my god what a let down. I have always thought having someone dressed up in a big fluffy outfit to entertain kids bad, but 4 of them (set the bar very low) the entertainment can only be described as babyish, although the hall was full by 6.30 pm there was approx. over 2 hours of this entertainment. after the first night I could not bear to be in the same room so left it until around 8 pm then I could not get a seat. some others got in early and put coats around chairs then disappeared just to arrive in time for bingo. Swimming pool was fair but for the life of me I cannot understand putting the steam room and sauna in the changing room. I would have liked to stay in caravan for one more night (not for the entertainment) but just to extend short break by 1 day. there was a pre- offer of £50 for 1 night or £75 for 2 nights (this as the park closes on Sunday morning 1st November. We felt the £50 was considerably overpriced and we were prepared to pay £35 - £40 as the caravan would otherwise be empty. we were told that £50 was the best they could do as they normally ask for £75. We opted to go home. just thinking if 25 other people would have paid £40 then the campsite would have £1000 instead of absolutely nothing for an empty van. plus the extra spending that there would have been on site. The old saying applies: you can have 50% of something and have something or you can have 100% of nothing and have nothing. Stayed October 2015, travelled with family
- My family and I stayed at Hoburne Devon Bay in the Scouts Holiday Home Trust Wheelchair Accessible Caravan (B23) 17 - 24 October 2015. On arriving we checked in at Reception which only took a few minutes. The staff was polite and friendly and they explained everything we needed to know. The caravan was lovely and everything we had hoped for and then more. Hoburne Devon Bay is well situated for the local town of Paignton and of course Paignton Zoo which is a must visit attraction whilst in the area. Your only minutes away from the major supermarkets so there's no need to take food with you. There is also a KFC and McDonald's as well, so mum can have a rest from cooking. The Jade Palace is just outside the park and it serves fantastic food. Hoburne Devon Bay is so clean and tidy (I didn't see any litter) and obviously well cared for. The staff are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble for them. The prices for the Restaurant/Cafe are very reasonable and less than I expected. A couple of years ago I stayed at Parkdean Ruda Holiday Park and Holburne Devon Bay is by far easily better. You're closer to civilization which means there's much more to do and you're only 40 minutes away from Exeter which is worth a day trip out. I, without a doubt would holiday here again. Stayed October 2015, travelled with family
- This was our first stay at a Hoburne, we normally stay at Haven camps. We were made to feel welcome as soon as we walked into reception. We arrived an hour and a half before check in time, however our caravan was ready so we were able to check in straight away. The caravan was the best we have ever stayed in, very clean, roomy and equipped. It was also pleasantly warm. After we had sorted things out we went exploring. The kids loved the play area and the arcade. We had a drink and food in the restaurant. The man who served us was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The food was tasty and priced as you would expect in a camp such as this. After tea we went into the entertainment hall. The entertainment was brilliant for the kids, plenty of songs, dancing, games etc. You do have to get there quite early to be sure of getting a seat. We took the kids swimming on the Saturday, the pool was lovely and warm and very clean. The kids (and dad) loved the waterslide. Overall the park was very clean and well maintained. We hope to go back next year. Stayed October 2015, travelled with family
- We have just returned from a short weekend booked through the sun paper. We are 'locals', we only drove 35 miles, and it is nice to enjoy an out of season break in an area we love. This was our first stay at Hoburne and it was a complete delight. We expected a basic caravan and were thrilled with a 38ft x 12ft van with balcony overlooking fields and woods (Lark 25). It had an older style decor (who cares, we only paid £38), with a new electric fire, bedroom heaters, masses of storage, fridge and a freezer. This park is obviously very happy for guests to self-cater as the range and amount of kitchen utensils and parts were brilliant. I left my usual "kitchen sink bag" in the car. A welcome pack of tea/coffee, dishcloths and a loo roll was provided free - a very thoughtful idea. The reception staff were pleasant, cheerful and helpful. We visited the Ents area on our first night, it was very quiet. The bar staff were friendly, however there was nothing for my 13 and 14 year old boys. For them the swimming pool was the parks highlight complete with a flume, sauna, steam room and a gym(for the adults). Goodrington beach is a 5 minute countryside walk away. There is so much to do in the Torbay area and the transport links are very good. Highly recommended are Kents Cavern pre-historic caves and the brand new velo-park(next door to Hoburne), husband and 14 year old son even managed to watch their local football team travelling to the match on the half hourly stagecoach bus service.I think we have stayed in most of the holiday parks in the Torbay area and for me Hoburne is the tops. Central location,cheerful,helpful staff and very nice accommodation. Will be back, thank you. Stayed October 2015, travelled with family
- Lovely big clean caravan, very welcoming, great facilities, friendly. The park is very hilly, so wouldn't be great for people who are less mobile. Lots for little ones to do. The shop stocks everything you'll need. Pools and changing rooms are very clean and fun too. Stayed October 2015, travelled with family
- The children love Sammy and we love the area. There is everything you could want on the Park and the accommodation is fantastic. We have had great accommodation every time we have come.
- We're coming back to Hoburne Torbay next week & this will be our 5th visit. We just LOVE it. The caravans are lovely, the park is squeaky clean, the food in the bayview restaurant is always excellent & most importantly, the kids have a ball!
- We have just returned from our 5th visit to Hoburne Torbay and each time is fantastic! A very impressive and clean park, with such friendly staff, great take away bar and a brilliant entertainment team not only for the kids, but us 'grown ups' too! Already looking forward to our next visit! Keep up the excellent jobs you all do there.
- This is our 10th year at Hoburne Torbay! So clean, freindly and we always have a great holiday. Looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks time!
- We will be coming for our 6th visit this September and always love coming back for more, the park, the staff and everything about the area is just top draw, we will becoming for many more years to come, my little girl loves the place to bits and also all of the entertainment staff.
- I don't usually like hols in this country & wouldn't dream of staying anywhere 2 wks but Hoburne Torbay has changed me! We came back on Sat & now have post hol blues because we had such a great time we didn't want to leave! Everything about the place is excellent from how clean everywhere is, how nice & helpfull ALL the staff are, the spacious caravan, great entertainment & lovely surroundings. My daughters are in love with Sammy,Tommy & Larry and thought kids entertainment was brilliant. We are coming back next year for 2 weeks & can't wait! Thank you Hoburne Torbay for changing my view of a British holiday for the better!
- Hoburne Torbay is a well maintained Park with excellent facilities. The caravan (Popular) was spotless upon arrival and provided everything necessary for a comfortable stay. The Park is 10 minutes walk from the beach but had enough onsite facilities for rainy days (the children loved the indoor swimming pool with slide). I would highly recommend the Park to other young families.
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (EN179) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
2 - 4
1 or 2
|not yet||£233 - £1,273/wk|
|Click to visit affiliate partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 if you need some help - lines open until 10pm weekdays, 8pm weekends.|