Venn Farm Cottages, south Hams, Devon
The Granary wheelchair friendly cottage with 4 beds
The Granary self catering holiday cottage
Venn Byre 1 bedroom wheelchair friendly holiday cottage
Our accommodation has full disabled access
Hams Cottage with disabled access & 2 bedrooms
Hams cottage is also pet friendly
Garden Cottage has 2 bedrooms & welcomes 1 pet
Onsite fishing at these wheelchair friendly cottages in Devon
Farm holiday cottages in Devon
venn farm cottages, ugborough, ivybridge, south hams, devon
- These South Hams Holiday Cottages are set within 70 acres of sheep farm boasting the mildest climate in the UK. Four comfortable holiday cottages, 3 of which are wheelchair friendly with wet rooms, dotted around the owners' farmhouse. There is a fishing lake & acres of farmland to explore across the glorious South Hams countryside & within easy reach of the Dartmoor National Park, just perfect if you like to take your pets with you on holiday - they are more than welcome here!
- These holiday cottages in the South Hams are delightful. Ranging from a little "hideaway" cottage overlooking the duck pond to two adjoining cottages that can be interconnected to accommodate large groups up to 12 people. The well stocked fishing lake with carp, tench & bream is certainly a huge bonus with firhsing free of charge for 2 rods (barbless hooks) for 3 hours per day. Venn Farm can offer you a wonderfully relaxing holiday retreat, yet the sandy beaches of South Devon & other attractions are all within half an hours drive.
- The superb sandy beaches at Mothecombe and Bigbury-on-Sea are not far away and there is a variety of water sports at the picturesque twin villages of Newton Ferrers and Noss Mayo nearby. The delightful little Georgian town of Modbury, with its specialist and antique shops is under 5 miles from Venn Farm. Nearby Ivybridge, known as the southern gateway to Dartmoor, offers excellent sports facilities, an indoor pool and a renowned garden centre. Dartmoor National Park lies within easy reach – wild ponies, the Dartmoor Wildlife Park, Widecombe in the Moor and Buckfastleigh Abbey are just some of its attractions. National Trust properties at Saltram House – a magnificent mid-18th century mansion – and Coleton Fishacre are a short drive as is Burgh Island, of Agatha Christie fame. Plymouth and the Eden Project are further afield but afford excellent day trips. Closer to home, good walking, riding and golf can be enjoyed locally, and there are two village pubs within walking distance and shops in Wrangaton, 2 miles away.
- Click links below for more information, availability and to make an online booking at these wheelchair friendly South Hams holiday cottages from Hoseasons - the leading UK self catering experts who are a member of ABTA (YO662) - book online for free cancellation insurance* (* conditions apply)
- Click here for The Granary (4 beds, sleeps 7 + cot, 2 pets, wheelchair friendly)
- Click here for Venn Byre (1 bed, sleeps 2 + cot, 1 pet, wheelchair friendly)
- Click here for Hams Cottage (2 beds, sleeps 4 + cot, 2 pets, wheelchair friendly) - if availability not shown, please call Hoseasons direct on 0345 498 6602
- Click here for Garden Cottage (2 beds, sleeps 4 + cot, 1 pet) - if availability not shown, please call Hoseasons direct on 0345 498 6602
- The Granary Cottage (4 beds, sleeps 7 + cot, 2 pets, wheelchair friendly): Ground floor: Living/dining room/kitchen with beams and maple floor, woodburner. 2 bedrooms: 1 double, 1 single. Shower room with toilet. First floor: Second living room with vaulted ceiling. 2 bedrooms: 1 double, 1 bunk. Bathroom and toilet. Microwave, washing machine, dishwasher & tumble dryer. Wheelchair access (category 2)
- Hams Cottage (2 beds, sleeps 4 + cot, 2 pets, wheelchair friendly): All on ground floor: Living/dining room/kitchen with beams and maple floor. 2 bedrooms: 1 double, 1 twin. Shower room with toilet. Microwave, washer dryer & dishwasherr. Wheelchair access (category 2)
- Garden Cottage (2 beds, sleeps 4 + cot, 1 pet): All on ground floor: Living/dining room/kitchen with tiled floor. 2 twin bedrooms. Shower room with toilet. 2 ring hob (no oven), combination microwave & grill. Garden with patio, sitting-out area and ornamental caravan.
- Venn Byre (1 bed, sleeps 2+ cot, 1 pet, wheelchair friendly): All on ground floor: Living/dining room/kitchen, woodburner in lounge, microwave, washer/dryer. 1 twin bedroom. Shower room with toilet. Wooden floor throughout. Large terrace. Wheelchair access (category 2)
- Interconnecting Cottages: Although completely self contained The Granary and Hams Cottage may be interconnected to accommodate up to 10 guests.
- For all accommodation, electricity, bed linen & towels are included. A travel cot & highchair are available on request. There is a shared courtyard, shared gardens & furniture plus access to 70 acres of farmland. Pets must be kept under strict control as this is a working farm. Please note there are unfenced ponds in the grounds. wifi internet access is available.
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Devon:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking the article title above.
- Why not try Devon for your next family holiday? Discover here why Devon is such a great choice for family holidays in the UK - discover Devon's stunning & secret beaches, get close to wildlife, have fun while learning or DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
- A guide to Dartmouth - holiday at this pretty little port town on the south Devon coast for the nature, history & water-based activities. Plus some ideas on where to find your holiday accommodation.
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
- Please send us a review of these wheelchair friendly holiday cottages in Devon by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 2 family holiday recommendations, average rating 3.5 out of 5
Best rating: 4 out of 5
Worst rating 3 out of 5
- Venn Byre: The owner is very friendly (provided eggs) but needs to pay attention regarding general housekeeping. Cobwebs around the edges of floor. Dust and cobwebs by side of fridge. Outgoing Holidaymakers food in sink! Dust and cobwebs under woodburner. The front door does not fit properly, (gap which would make the place cold in winter) hence when it rains there is standing water. Obviously a long standing problem due to the water marks surrounding the door and floor. The towels were very hard!! No little finishing touches eg welcome tray, cut flowers, wine, milk in fridge, little toiletries. We have stayed in lots of cottages and at least one or more of aforementioned is in the cottage! It smacks of the least effort for getting the most money. They have several properties on the farm and a B&B and so I believe they are over stretching themselves and attention to detail is going out the window. It is good as it is on one level especially if you are less able. Penny, Rating 3 out of 5, Sept 2015
- The Granary: Really enjoyed the stay and would stay again. The owners were very helpful and friendly, always there when needed 10/10 for them. Simon, Rating 4 out of 5, Feb 2015.
- Devon is a great holiday location, the owners were very welcoming and helpful, the facilities in the cottage were good and it was very comfortable.
- Fantastic disabled facilitles
- Centrally located in a quiet area, yet close enough to good beaches, the moors and adventure parks.
- A great position on a working farm ideal for a family and anyone with a disability.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN265) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
1 or 2
|Click for partner's website for more information, availability & online booking - scroll down page for links to other properties||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|