Otter Falls Holiday Cottages, Honiton, south Devon
Indoor heated swimming pool at these holiday cottages in south Devon
Pet friendly holiday cottages in a gorgeous setting
Inside Farriers holiday cottage
Inside one of luxury lakeside holiday lodges
How about this for your relaxing holiday in Devon?
Island holiday lodges by the lake near Honiton
Onsite fishing from outside the comfort of your own holiday lodge
Superb self catering holiday destination for the whole family & pet!
otter falls cottages, upottery, honiton, south devon
- Otter Falls Self-Catering Holiday Cottages & Lodges in Devon’s Otter Valley provide the perfect escape to romantic Devon. Relax and unwind in one of our cosy, comfortable cottages or venture out to enjoy Devon’s rugged landscapes, charming coastal towns, sightseeing or scenic walks- the choice is yours.
- For the quintessential country getaway, Otter Falls Self Catering Holiday Cottages & Lodges tucked away in the charming Otter Valley in Devon, offer the perfect setting for you to unwind and relax. Savour the abundance of tranquil natural beauty - woodlands, streams, birds and wildlife. At Otter Falls we provide tastefully furnished, well equipped, pet friendly self-catering log cottages, sleeping from 2 to 10 people. From this idyllic base you can enjoy the indoor heated swimming pool & sauna, a game of tennis, fishing, or soak up the country ambience at the bar/bistro. A host of attractions can be found in the surrounding villages and countryside for those wishing to explore a little further, from museums to quirky country shops, inviting pubs and restaurants.
- Indoor heated swimming pool & sauna
- Table tennis
- Coarse fishing* (fishing licence required) and rod hire*
- Tennis court
- Games room
- Putting course
- Small shop & Launderette
- Kitchen including microwave
- Bath with overhead shower
- Bed linen and duvets
- Patio with garden furniture
- Central heating (except Harvest)
- Gas and electricity by meter reading
- Travel cots and highchairs £10pw each
- Family parties only
- Pets £30pw each (max 1 except in Shire Stables max 2) (in specific accommodation)
- Harvest Otter Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 2 in 1 bedroom): Single storey cottage with one double. Fri start. OR Sweethay Cottage with one double four poster bed, log burner, NO pets, Fri start.
- Otter Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 3 in 2 bedrooms): Cottage with either four poster super king size, double or twin – please check when booking. Z bed in the lounge for additional person. Enclosed patio. OR Ostler's Cottage with one double and one single. Fri start.
- The Byre Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Cottage with super king size double or twin – please check when booking. Sofa bed in the lounge. Log burner. OR Summerhay Cottage with one double and one twin. Log burner. Fri start. OR Farrier's Cottage with double and twin. Log burner. Washer/dryer. Enclosed patio. Cottages interconnect for larger parties. Fri start. OR The Smithy Cottage with one double and one twin. Log burner. Washer/dryer. Cottages can interconnect for larger parties. Fri start.
- Long Barn Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms): Single storey cottage with one double and one twin. Sofa bed in lounge. Log burner. OR Otter Falls Lodge with one kingsize double and one twin. Sofa bed in the lounge. Log burner. Verandah. Sat start.
- Hayloft Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Cottage with one ground floor single and separate WC. One king size double with TV and ensuite shower and one twin. Additional bathroom. Sofa bed in the lounge. Log burner. Dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. Fri start. OR Otter Island Luxury lodge with one double with ensuite shower and two twin. Family bathroom. Washing machine. Log burner. Verandah. OR Otter Lakeside Luxury lodge with one double with ensuite shower, and two twin. Family bathroom. Washing machine. Log burner. Verandah. Fri start.
- Dovecote Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 8 in 3 bedrooms): Part of the original Victorian farmhouse. Cottage with ground floor super king size double or twin with ensuite shower – please check when booking. One double with four poster bed and TV, one twin. Bathroom. Sofa bed in the lounge. Inglenook fireplace with open fire, oil fired Aga plus conventional electric cooker. Dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer.
- Haywain Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms): Attractively restored cottage with ground floor super king size double or twin with ensuite shower – please check when booking. One king size double with TV, one twin and one single. Bathroom. Sofa bed in the lounge. Log burner. Dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. Fri start.
- Farmhouse Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms): Traditional farmhouse conversion. Ground floor single with ensuite WC, suitable for wheelchair access. One double with ensuite bathroom, two twin. Bathroom. Sleeping for additional person on sofa bed on the landing. Conservatory with wicker furniture, garden entrance and under floor heating and dining room. Dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. Open fire.
- The Stables Holiday Cottage Accommodation (sleeps 10 in 5 bedrooms): Restored cottage with ground floor twin, one single. Shower room/WC and separate WC. One twin or twins linked to form super king size with ensuite bathroom – please check when booking, one king size double with TV and balcony and one single. Additional bathroom with corner bath. Sofa bed in the lounge. Log burner. Utility room. Refectory dining room. Dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dryer. Barbecue. Fri start.
- Book a break at Hoseasons holiday lodges in South Devon and you’ll discover there’s no better way to enjoy this county’s beguiling blend of fabulous beach resorts, chocolate-box pretty villages and glorious countryside. And whether you’ve chosen our holiday log cabins with indoor pools or quieter holiday lodges, South Devon’s top attractions are all easily accessible.
- Explore the South Hams – beautiful tranquil country, dotted with thatched cottages, traditional Devon longhouses and delightful old estuary towns, all just an easy drive from our holiday lodges in South Devon. At Plymouth, the National Marine Aquarium makes a fascinating outing and venturing inland you come to Dartmoor’s rugged landscape where wild ponies graze and sleepy villages nestle in hidden valleys, while the city of Exeter boasts excellent shopping and a thriving arts scene. And all over South Devon there are cafés and tearooms serving fresh, local produce – and delicious cream teas!
- You’re never far from the sea when you enjoy one of our lodge holidays in South Devon. From Plymouth and Bigbury Bay to the three bustling English Riviera towns of Brixham, Paignton and Torquay, and the quieter charms of Teignmouth, Exmouth and Sidmouth, you’ll find all the ingredients for a great seaside holiday.
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Devon:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking the article title above.
- Why not try Devon for your next family holiday? Discover here why Devon is such a great choice for family holidays in the UK - discover Devon's stunning & secret beaches, get close to wildlife, have fun while learning or DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
- A guide to Dartmouth - holiday at this pretty little port town on the south Devon coast for the nature, history & water-based activities. Plus some ideas on where to find your holiday accommodation.
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
- Please send us a review of these pet friendly holiday cottages in South Devon by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 10 family holiday recommendations, average rating 4.7 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 4 out of 5
- We usually try to get a bit off the beaten track, as was Otter Falls, but it was close enough to get to many interesting places within an hour or so of driving. The facilities on-site were great, well kept and clean, and all the staff were very helpful. Thank you. John, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Oct 2015
- This was a break for me and my husband after havin 2 children back to back... We hadn't had much us time this was perfect... Were a young couple and are always soooo busy having 3 young children work school run house work our days are manik and this was just perfect... We stayed in a cottage from fri-mon and everything was great... The only mistake we made was not getting our essentials milk ie before we arrived... Perfect perfect perfect. Donna, Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- A tranquil paradise, beautiful location, quiet and peaceful. A perfect place for a dog friendly holiday. Rich, Rating 5 out of 5, Sept 2015
- Had just the most relaxing holiday with like minded people. We were looking for a place we could take our pet dog. Some many other residents had their pets. Fab walks, relaxing surroundings, a nice eveing bistro 5 nights a week to eat, meet, and dog friendly. The staff were just so helpful. I like cooking so on nights the bistro was not open, we took a 15 minute trip to Honiton were they were fab local shops, butchers, and supermakets, to make a simply delicios meal or two. Most people we spoke with had been there before, most between 6 and 10 times, which speaks volumes. Nearest pub bout a mile. Shops even further. A very basic shop on site with limited opening hours. But it's our kind of place and planning our return holiday. Jackie, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Sept 2015
- This is a superb venue in a pretty location. The facilities available are excellent though the bistro was closed for part of the time we were there due to staffing shortages. Didn't use the swimming pool / sauna, putting green or tennis court, but they looked well maintained. Staff were very helpful. We would be delighted to go back again and I would have awarded a higher score if the bistros had been open more. Chris, Rating 4 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- This location was very nice, a small setting that was very quiet. The pool is a great facility, does get a little crowded as it is popular. The electric and gas are by meter reading at the end of the holiday, you pay for what you use. Not a bad idea and it makes you look at what you leave turned on. Very reasonable charge. I fished with my son which was extra, the larger fish are hard to catch. Remember maggots and worms are classed as live bait and therefore not allowed. Try spicy sausage it attracted the larger carp. Over all a relaxing location a great escape if you want to get away from it all. Garry, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- For the first time ever the reality was better than the photographs! Gorgeous cottage, we were in the Haywain it had everything we needed down to a clothes airer! Necessary as there was 8 of us. Take your own towels. Spitting distance to the pool which was great for the kids but a bit cold in the water for me. Natalie, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Had a lovely holiday at Otter Falls with my wife and 3 children. We only stayed for a week but would loved to have stayed longer. The surroundings are beautiful and the wildlife is amazing. The kids loved the ducklings and the heron. On a clear night the stars are not to be missed. I wish I had a telescope. Day trips require a bit of travelling as there isnt a much locally. The on site pool is nice and was not crowded. We didnt use the sauna, ping pong, tennis or golf course. Next time we'll try a bit of fishing. Gas and electricity are extra. Was £7 for the week payable by cash or cheque only. Stuart, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- We have just spent a week at these cottages with our dog & couldn't have asked for me - pool & bistro were much visited! This area of South Devon is lovely & we will certainly come back as there is so much to see but only if we can come back to Otter Falls Cottages. Rating 5 out of 5, James, Feb 2013.
- We visited this area before so came back with the whole family - 8 of us in all - for a short celebration weekend away. The facilities were great for the children and we hardly saw them as they seemed to be out & about exploring, swimming or playing tennis whilst the adults sat back & relaxed. The bistro was also really handy as we couldn't be bothered to cook. Excellent short break. Rating 5 out of 5, Serena & family, Nov 2012
- I would recommend this holiday to others. The large lakeside lodge we stayed in was very modern, clean and was not overlooked by other lodges, it was very private. The view from the large veranda over the lake was beautiful and the whole experience was very peaceful. If you want a 'get away from it all holiday' - this will be perfect for you.
- Lovely locaction, secluded and quiet, very helpful and friendly staff and the food in the onsite 'Tickled Trout' bar was absolutley fantastic. We went as a family for a break for my father who has not been well and he was over the moon. Very highly recommend
- Had a brilliant week, everyone so helpful, 5 adults and a dog. We could not have asked for more, so pet friendly and welcoming, dog even allowed in Bistro. Fishing very good, try it.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN218) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|