Riviera Holiday Park, Brixham, south Devon
Blue flag beach just 1.5 miles from the holiday park
Stunning sea views from Riviera Bay Holiday Park, Brixham
Chalet style holiday accommodation
Everything you need for a self catering holiday near Brixham
Superb sea views from the terrace
Indoor swimming pool at your holiday park
Games & activities for your family friendly holiday
Superb value for money holiday in south Devon
riviera bay holiday park, brixham, south devon
- Riviera Bay Holiday Park has stunning sea views and is located just a short walk from the secluded sandy beach of St Mary's Bay near Brixham on the South Devon Coast. The facilities onsite are fabulous with a great indoor heated swimming pool, a popular restaurant & a large entertainment venue. There are also a multitude of tourist attractions in the area which will keep the whole family busy on holiday. Plus accommodation is in cottages, chalets or caravans, some of which welcome up to 2 pets if you like taking your dogs on holiday with you.
- Indoor swimming pool
- Blue flag beach just 1.5 miles from the holiday park
- Clubhouse with Sky TV, Restaurant, Take Away
- Free wifi internet access
- Shop & launderette onsite
- Entertainment program
- Pets welcome at a small extra cost in our Bronze chalet range
- Platinum Holiday Lodge Range - 2 bed (sleeps 6) luxury lodge. TV & DVD player, central heating, double glazing, fully equipped kitchen & early check in from 2pm. Gas, electricity, linen, bed-making & entertainment passes included in the price. Sorry no pets.
- Gold Plus Cottage & Caravan Range - 4 bed (sleeps 10) cottage or 3 bed (sleeps 8) caravan available. TV & DVD player, heating in bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen & early check in from 2pm. Gas, electricity, linen, bed-making & entertainment passes included in the price. Sorry no pets.
- Silver Plus Chalet Range - 2 bed (sleeps 6) chalet or 1 bed (sleeps 4) chalet available. TV, DVD in chalet only, fully equipped kitchen. Gas, electricity, linen & entertainment passes included in the price. Sorry no pets.
- Silver Chalet Range - 2 bed (sleeps 6) chalet or 1 bed (sleeps 4) chalet available. TV, fully equipped kitchen. Gas, electricity, linen & entertainment passes included in the price. Sorry no pets.
- Bronze Chalet Range -2 bed (sleeps 6) chalet or 1 bed (sleeps 4) chalet available. TV, fully equipped kitchen. Gas, electricity, linen & entertainment passes included in the price. Maximum of 2 pets welcome for small extra charge. Linen can be hired.
- Crealy Adventure Park: Enter the magical kingdom of Devon's Crealy. Plummet down the Vortex water coaster, meet ‘real' Unicorns, explore Wilderness with tree houses and the cutest deer to feed, plus Crealy's favourite roller coaster returns as Maximus! It's magical family fun guaranteed at Devon's Crealy Great Adventure Park.
- Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway: Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway runs for 7 miles in Great Western tradition from Paignton along the spectacular Torbay coast to Churston and on through the wooded slopes bordering the Dart estuary to Kingswear. The scenery is superb, with seascapes right across Lyme bay to Portland Bill on clear days.
- River Link, River Dart Cruises: River Link operates cruises along the beautiful River Dart, between Dartmouth and Totnes. Our award winning 'Round Robin' is a full day round trip combining the steam train, river cruise and bus ride. Themed evening cruises are also available.
- Pennywell Farm: The biggest and multi award winning Farm Activity Park in the South West! There's so much for the whole family to enjoy including ponies and piglets, eagles and owls, goats and guinea pigs, slides, go-karts, quad bikes, train rides, trampolines, tractors and more! Also, enjoy a new fun activity every half hour - watch, learn and join in!
- Golden Hind Ship: Relive Sir Francis Drake's incredible 16th century voyage aboard this full size replica of his fantastic ship. The Golden Hind offers a unique insight into life onboard a 16th century sailing ship. Also, join the Brixham Buccaneers every Thursday throughout the summer for their swashbuckling pirate antics!
- Paignton Zoo: Home to thousands of amazing animals and plants. Visit the desert, cross the savannah, explore the forest and trek through the tropics. It’s a great day out for everyone!
- Go Ape: Go Ape - The multi-award winning tree-top forest adventure. With rope ladders, tree-top crossings, Tarzan swings, zip wires and safety training. Now 28 adventures to try - with no two courses are the same, so if you’ve been before, check out another site for a whole new adventure. And bring your tribe!
- Living Coasts: Living Coasts is an innovative coastal zoo and discovery centre where you can take a journey around the coasts of the world and see amazing animals and plants in specially-designed naturalistic habitats
- Splashdown: SLIDE INTO THE GREAT OUTDOORS AT BRITAIN'S LARGEST OUTDOOR WATERPARK. Splashdown Waterpark@Quaywest, is a great day out for family and friends. There is something for everyone to enjoy - from big kids to little ones - with some of the UK's most exciting flume rides and some of the English Riviera's most spectacular views, right next to Goodrington Beach it's a winning combination!
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Devon:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking the article title above.
- Why not try Devon for your next family holiday? Discover here why Devon is such a great choice for family holidays in the UK - discover Devon's stunning & secret beaches, get close to wildlife, have fun while learning or DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
- A guide to Dartmouth - holiday at this pretty little port town on the south Devon coast for the nature, history & water-based activities. Plus some ideas on where to find your holiday accommodation.
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
- Please send us a review of Riviera Bay holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- To help you make your decision about whether or not you would like to stay at the Riviera Bay holiday park, I have included some of the holiday reviews from other websites below. Honestly, there are mixed reports but I would like to keep this park on the website as it does offer excellent value for money accommodation in south Devon. It is certainly family friendly however if you do decide to book then please bear in mind you get what you pay for - expect basic yet clean. Often holiday parks in the UK will refurbish during the winter season so hopefully we will hear early reports in 2016 that note some updating that will be going on in the low holiday season. Lucilla, the website editor & Mum of 2 boys!
- Whilst riviera bay holiday park facilities were generally very good, the club, the gaming area , and the surroundings were exceptional , the accommodation could do with updating . The park and surrounding area is great for dog owners and walkers alike. Philip, Rating 4 out of 5, Oct 2015
- A lovely little park with helpful staff in a beautiful location. The chalets could do with a bit of a spruce up but otherwise a good amount of space. Michelle, Rating 3 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- Overall I was quite happy with the accommodation it was clean & tidy, and the centre was also very good .but the fridge & cooking facilities were old & tired. the duvet did not fit into the covers very well which left them slightly uncomfortable.also would have liked a comfortable chair/sofa to sit on. the staff at the resort were excellent & always greeted any enquiries with a smile. 5*****for the staff. Brian, Rating 5 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- We really enjoyed our stay here. Yes the decor is outdated, but it had everything we needed and was very clean. Everybody was friendly and helpful. My only problem was that they did an hour of hyping the kids up in the evening then an hour of bingo where they wanted the kids to be silent and not mucking about. That didn't work for us as I have two small kids who were by that point very excitable. The facilities were good, and the boys loved the pool. I think it would be better if you can drive as it isn't close to a good beach but the one at Paignton was brilliant! We loved brixham harbour aswell. There's lots to do in the area, so aslong as your not planning on mainly being on site it's a great place to use as a base. The beds were comfy and the bedding provided was clean. There are supermarkets not too far away as the shop on site was expensive but this is to be expected in my experience. Overall I would 100% stay there again! Victoria, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- For the price that we paid, we guessed what the accommodation was going to be like, but we couldn't get over the smell in the chalet, we had to go out and buy fabric spray. Ok, it was a chalet that you were able to take your pet in, but I'm sorry, it really stank! Overall mind. it was clean. It would have been better if we could have parked our car a little closer mind. The entertainment area was of a good standard, with the nightly cabaret show a decent watch. But the price's were typical of holiday complexes, in that it was very expensive, in my view anyway. But know doubt the owners would say it was justified for the entertainment etc. The beach was within ten minutes away, but dont even try if you have walking difficulty or a pram! Brixham was pretty close, but not really within walking distance, but all the place's we visited were within twenty minutes car drive. But it was a nice end of summer break, with nice weather, and was lovely to be away for a week. Would we go again? Yeh, why not! Patrick, Rating 4 out of 5, Sept 2015
- Absolutely loved it! The site was very good value for money and the views around the site were very pretty. Would definitely recommend to others and will definitely go again! Kristina, Rating 5 out of 5, Sept 2015.
- The park and facilities were great, the entertainment and food good. The accommodation was disappointing, very small especially for 6 people. Not enough plug sockets and not enough clothes storage for 4 let alone 6. I would have paid extra for more room if I had known. All in all accommodation was very dated, I would give that a 3. Rebecca, Rating 3 out of 5, Aug 2015
- A lovely park with lovely views. Staff friendly and helpful.nice pool and play area for little ones good amusements and good entertainment.nice restaurant and take away and a good little shop all you need for a little break. Chalets are basic but clean. Wendy, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015
- Could not complain you get what you pay for and it was basic but clean and that is all we ask is that its clean. Would definitely stay there again. Julie, Rating 4 out of 5, Jul 2015
- We had a lovely stay at the riviera bay. Holiday home was clean and had everything we needed. The resort did look a bit run down on the outside but we were happy with the facilities on site. Staff were all lovely, and on checking out the lady on reception saw it was my daughters birthday and gave her a cuddly loopy doll which was lovely. Loads of things in the area to do and we will definitely return in the near future. Richard, Rating 3.5 out of 5, Jul 2015.
- A really lovely location. Good accommodation and facilities. St Mary Bay is a great place to take children to swim in the sea and is easily accessible from the park. The on park restaurant was good value for money and of a high quality. We went as a family of 6 ( 4 children) in a silver 2 bedroom chalet. Really clean and well equipped. We have stayed in 3 and 4 star hotels not as well maintained!! Thank you for a great holiday.
- Had a great 4 day break for myself/partner and took are dog, the chalet was spacious and clean, the views and the coastal walks to st marys beach was amazing, the staff were very helpful and we will definitely book to come back again
- Perfect place to stay when you have kids! We have stayed at Riviera bay many times over the last 2 years because we just love it. Top class entertainment, amazing restaurant and just brilliant facilities. Our daughter literally begs us to take her to the holiday park, she loves the pool and arcades and soft play during the day and then has a fab meal and exhausts herself in the disco in the evening. We have brought friends and family with us and theres never been a single complaint.
- we had a wonderful stay and would recommend this park to EVERYONE the complex is well laid out and the staff are very warm and friendly the views are breath taking and we will go back again for sure!!we couldn`t of asked for a better family break well done riviera bay
- We have just returned home from 4 nights at Riveria Bay. Firstly we would like to say that we had an amazing sea view from our chalet. We stayed in the silver plus chalet in the B field. Chalet was spotlessly clean and had new bathroom and new carpet and had everything in it we needed, the first day we had a leaking kettle and we reported it to reception and the same day we arrived back to find a brand new kettle. Brilliant. The food was very very nice and what we especially liked was the vouchers that you receive when you arrive at the park. Fantastic idea. The sea gulls kept us amused each day. We had great fun with the dart board and bowling alley and air hockey in the club house. The staff were always on hand to help and were more than helpful with everything we needed. Only 2 negatives was we didn't like the way you have to queue in club house to check in. It did feel like a cattle market. The other negative was we did struggle to load and unload our car as the car park is up a hill and a fair way from chalet. Having said that we did notice trolleys available to assist this and we later found out that if needed you can ask for assistance. This we will ask for next time as my husband is quite disabled. We definitely will be coming back and we have already booked for sept at Chichester to stay in a platinum lodge. We have read other comments made by visitors and we feel that no matter how old a chalet is as long as its spotlessly clean and every thing is working well then that's all that matters. If people are looking for luxury then they should book into a hotel with room service.
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (EN268) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
1 or 2
|not yet||from £89 for a short break, £135-£937/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Also available via Hoseasons, telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|