Finlake Holiday Lodges, near Newton Abbot, south Devon
Set in a beautiful woodland location on the edge of Dartmoor, Devon
Luxury holiday accommodation in our lodges
Holiday lodges with a private hot tub
Onsite indoor swimming pool, ideal all year round
High ropes adventure for those looking for an active holiday
Climbing, one of the many activities we offer you
Onsite tennis courts
Part of Hoseasons' Go Active Holiday Collection
Outside our premier holiday lodge accommodation
Inside one of our "Woodland" holiday lodges
finlake lodge accommodation, chudleigh, newton abbot, south devon
- Finlake Lodges in South Devon is part of Hoseasons' Go Active Breaks collection. Set in 130 acres of beautiful Devonshire countryside on the edge of Dartmoor, just half an hour from the sea, and boasting outstanding leisure facilities including indoor & outdoor pools, Finlake is the perfect holiday getaway. Relax on a romantic short break or enjoy a fun-filled action packed family holiday in South Devon – the choice is yours.
- Indoor heated swimming pool & Outdoor swimming pool with giant water slide
- Health and Leisure club including sauna, steam room, and beauty treatments*
- Horse riding*
- High ropes*, Walking and nature trails, Adventure play area
- Archery* and Crossbow*, Fencing*, BMX*, Aeroball*, Cro-kick* and disc golf*
- Body Zorbs*, Sea scooters* and WaterWalkerz*
- Gym*, Tennis courts* and golf*, 9 hole pitch and putt*
- Go Juniors (3–7 activity programme)* kids club
- Fishing lakes (EA licence required)
- Bike hire available locally*
- Bar and restaurant, Farm shop, Launderette*
- Outdoor hot tub (in specific accommodation)
- TV with selected Freeview channels/DVD
- Kitchen including microwave and fridge/freezer
- Bath and/or shower
- Bed linen and duvets
- Towels (Deluxe lodges only)
- Beds made up for your arrival
- Balcony with garden furniture (Woodland Lodges)
- Decking area with patio furniture (Country Lodges)
- Double glazed and heated throughout
- Gas and electricity included
- Travel cots, highchairs and stairgates £15pw each
- No all-male, all-female or mixed groups under 25
- Pets £45pw each (max 2) (in specific accommodation)
- Comfort Holiday Lodge Four Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Comfortable 12ft-wide timber clad single storey holiday home. One double and one twin. Kitchen, open plan lounge and dining area. Cot in lounge only. Shower or bath with overhead shower. Decking with patio furniture. Also Country Four VIP & Country Four VIP Platinum with outdoor hot tub. Some types are pet friendly holiday accommodation, some are pet free for those with allergies.
- Woodland Holiday Lodge Four Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Two storey Scandinavian lodge. Open plan lounge/diner/kitchen. One double and one twin. Also Woodland Deluxe with private sauna & hot tub. Some types are pet friendly holiday accommodation, some are pet free for those with allergies.
- Woodland Holiday Cabin Accommodation (sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms): Single storey pine lodge. One double and one with bunk beds. Additional sleeping for two in the lounge area. Cot in lounge. Shower/wet room.
- Woodland Holiday Lodge Six Accommodation (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Two storey Scandinavian lodge. Open plan lounge/diner/kitchen. One double and one twin plus additional twin bedroom on the ground floor. Also Woodland Deluxe Six with private outdoor hot tub.
- Comfort Holiday Lodge Six VIP Accommodation (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Superior quality single storey holiday home. One double and two twin. Well equipped kitchen, open plan lounge and dining area. Limited space for a cot. Shower. Additional WC. Decking with patio furniture and outdoor hot tub. Some types are pet friendly holiday accommodation, some are pet free for those with allergies.
- Book a break at Hoseasons holiday lodges in South Devon and you’ll discover there’s no better way to enjoy this county’s beguiling blend of fabulous beach resorts, chocolate-box pretty villages and glorious countryside. And whether you’ve chosen our holiday log cabins with indoor pools or quieter holiday lodges, South Devon’s top attractions are all easily accessible.
- Explore the South Hams – beautiful tranquil country, dotted with thatched cottages, traditional Devon longhouses and delightful old estuary towns, all just an easy drive from our holiday lodges in South Devon. At Plymouth, the National Marine Aquarium makes a fascinating outing and venturing inland you come to Dartmoor’s rugged landscape where wild ponies graze and sleepy villages nestle in hidden valleys, while the city of Exeter boasts excellent shopping and a thriving arts scene. And all over South Devon there are cafés and tearooms serving fresh, local produce – and delicious cream teas!
- You’re never far from the sea when you enjoy one of our lodge holidays in South Devon. From Plymouth and Bigbury Bay to the three bustling English Riviera towns of Brixham, Paignton and Torquay, and the quieter charms of Teignmouth, Exmouth and Sidmouth, you’ll find all the ingredients for a great seaside holiday.
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Devon:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking the article title above.
- Why not try Devon for your next family holiday? Discover here why Devon is such a great choice for family holidays in the UK - discover Devon's stunning & secret beaches, get close to wildlife, have fun while learning or DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
- A guide to Dartmouth - holiday at this pretty little port town on the south Devon coast for the nature, history & water-based activities. Plus some ideas on where to find your holiday accommodation.
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
- Please send us a review of this South Devon active holiday accommodation by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- It was a lovely holiday, we had a really nice time. We didn't use many of the park facilities as we mainly used it as a base from which to explore Devon. We did do archery though which was fun and just about the right length of session to keep it interesting. All of the staff we met were friendly and helpful. It is a great location for exploring Dartmoor and we also made our way over to the east Devon coast on our last day without any problems. It was really quick and easy to get to the site from Bristol. The holiday home itself was clean and well equipped but it really is just a static caravan with timber cladding so everything is quite small. The mattress in the master bedroom was pretty lumpy and uncomfortable. It was good to have a decent sized dining table and chair set. The decking area is really spacious and well maintained. We went in October so didn't get the full use of it but did managed to have our breakfast out there one day. I imagine in the summer it would be a lovely space to relax after a long day out. The hot tub was a real treat and we used it everyday. Staff came to check and maintain it daily. On the first day our boiler stopped working and after calling reception a member of staff appeared within 10 minutes and got it working again. Shame that the wifi is not included in the high cost of the holiday home. At this day and age, I think you could add in some free wifi when customers are paying a substantial amount for four nights in what is essentially a caravan with an outdoor bubble bath. However, this aided in our blocking out the world for a week and we enjoyed cutting off the technology. Abby, Rating 4 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- Clean and very well kept with helpful staff. Some of the kids Go Active courses were not very well planned - run by (lovely and enthusiastic) but very young and inexperienced staff. Clare, Rating 4 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- A beautiful lodge in a wonderful park. A great weekend! Would recommend it to anyone. Angela, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- Stayed at finlake for 7 nights in the deluxe wood lodge - the cabin was clean and had everything we needed. Before going I had read in previous reviews that they didn't have bottle openers or irons etc so we packed up half our kitchen to take with us..... But everything we needed was indeed already there. ( they only give you one dishwasher tablet, so take a few). The bath is gorgeous and relaxing. The sauna is a great extra. The hot tub and balcony was perfect and completely made our holiday. Sitting in the hot tub surrounded by silence apart from squirrels jumping from tree to tree was amazing to watch. The only slight downside is that they do not come in to clean ( which is understandable if you're spending all your time in the lodge) it just means you don't recieve any clean towels all week. You are provided with bath robes for when you get out of the hot tub which was handy. All in all one of the best uk breaks my partner and I have been on. I would thourghly recommend . Enjoy!!! Laura, Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015
- We stayed at 28 the brambles & it was a really nice accomodation with great hot tub & not too far from the main site, nice walks nearby & out 3 year old loved the playpark & swimming pool. Only issue we had was the first night the boiler stopped working & heating stopped so was a very cold night! Reception sent someone over to fix it as soon as we reported it however. We would look to stay again. Karen, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- Great week in a very clean Platinum country six lodge. Well equipped and nice and cosy. Main bed wasn't very comfortable but that was a minor issue. Perfect for a young family. We went in off season so very quiet but can imagine it can get very busy in high season. Used the pool which was quite small for size of the park, but this was spotless as ideal for small children. Gym was well equipped and the play park was also a welcome distraction. Overall recommended but can imagine this gets very busy in high season. Matthew, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- Excellent holiday, great accommodation in the lodge, the walks through the woodland areas are great for taking dogs, and children as the walks have a troll and fairy theme. lots of great things to do just a short drive from the park, with torquay and dawlish about a 30 min drive. Andrew, Rating 4 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- Had a fab time. Park was very quiet, which suited us. We made full use of the hot tub. We used the park as a base and visited lots of different places. One tip, book the finesses classes as soon as you arrive. I tried to use them but the times that suited me they were full. Tracey, Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- Stayed in a deluxe platinum lodge. Large spacious lodge overlooking childrens play area and shop, gym etc. Setting was wonderful did eat in the restaurant first night and was not really a success, 2 of my family had the ceasar salad which contained more lettuce than anything else and after mentioning this to a lovely lady made sure they did'nt pay. We each gave our feedback which they were really pleased we did and I felt they truely wanted to know our views on the food and we will see if things have improved there when we return again next year. The Lodge was very clean and well furnished with 2 bathrooms and I even had a dressing area. The bed was so comfortable the best ever. I normally take my memory foam topper to all my holidays in the UK and was so delighted I did'nt need it. On the other hand my other 2 sisters stayed in a woodland lodge and they said the beds were very hard so I was able to let one of them use my topper. The site on the whole is so clean and well thought out I felt they took a pride in the park as on so many occasions I saw all the leaves were being swept away and the landscaping was well planned out. I went to my sisters woodland lodge a few times and it was lovely to be able to sit on their balcony as if you were at the top of the trees. Will be visiting again next year to see my other sister who lives nearby. Lovely break in Devon. Helen, Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015.
- This was the best lodge we have stayed in the quality was really good we stayed in a superior country vip platinium four wow could not believe the decking size hot tub great could not fault it . The only small thing we could say was the time we had to wait for a meal the girls were doing their best but it was very busy and they needed more staff. we have been here a few times over the years and the site is getting better and better. We will be here again hopefully next year. Karen, Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- Very lovely surroundings. Ideal for relaxing and for families who want something a little different for their children. Could have benefitted from a decent shop on site. The shop was very nice but not really good enough when holiday location is a little far from major supermarkets, being in the 'sticks' so to speak. Also the bar and restaurant was too expensive for us to use. We purchased our drinks from Asda along with foodstuffs and ate in our lodge for the most part. If the restaurant wasn't so expensive we would have liked to have eaten in there a few times. I don't always want to cook meals when I'm on holiday. Robert, Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- Finlake is a beautiful place to stay, although there are many lodges on site you never got the feeling of overcrowding. The lodge was very comfortable and prepared to a high standard, it was almost home from home. This was our 5th stay at Finlake over a space of 20 years and it gets better every time we stay there, we will certainly be back next year. Brian, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- We loved our holiday at Finlake and so are now trying to work out when we can come again with the rest of our family. Everywhere was so clean and tidy and everyone so welcoming. It is about20 years since we last came and now wish that we hadn't left it so long. The lodge we stayed in was delightful and had everything we could wish for. The hot tub was a dream. We will definitely be back soon. Val, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- Loved the holiday and the location as this is our 2nd time visiting and we had family come along as well. Only negative points are: The lodge we stayed in was lovely but really needed a good clean. There was a lot of dust and cobwebs around, and the shower needed a good mould spray on it. All this could have been rectified by a good clean but it looked like it had stood collecting dust since it had last been used. Also, on the night we used the restaurant the waitresses didnt tell us what any of the '... of the day' dishes or specials were and didnt tell us what had sold out untill we came to order. All in all a great stay but just a couple of points that come to mind! Steve, Rating 4 out of 5, Sep 2015
- An absolutely beautiful peaceful holiday destination. We stayed in September from friday to Monday in a country six lodge and it was amazing. We had 2 freezers, dishwasher and washing machine. The lodge was very clean and it was near to the swimming pool and park. The bedrooms were spacious and plenty of storage. The 2 bathrooms were clean and we had a bath and shower in one room and an en-suite shower in another. The park is so quiet and peaceful. The outdoor pool was fun and my girls loved the slide. The restaurant is lovely and the food is great. We have booked again and cannot wait to return. Vanessa, Rating 5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- We had a great four day break at Finlake Lodges. Our children absolutely loved 'family hot tub time' in the evening. We made use of the horse riding on site as well as the pitch and putt golf course. The swimming pool was good if not a little small for the size of the park and I didn't like the fact that people walked pool side with their outdoor shoes on............very unhygienic! The life guards need to enforce this poolside. Our accommodation was clean and tidy, however, I would recommend bath mats for stepping out of the bath or shower as the floors become very wet and slippery for young children. I went and purchased some from Tesco and took them home after our stay. If I went again I would take a few more kitchen utensils from home as I cook every day ..........cheese grater, garlic crusher, some oven pans etc. Overall a good family break and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. A little more attention to detail would increase my rating. Joanne, Rating 4 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- Stayed in one of the Scandi style lodges, decor a little tired but clean enough for our needs - Be warned, they are in the shade of the trees so if you like your sun, go for the newer style lodges which seemed well spaced out from each other (privacy can be hard to find at holiday parks but the balance at Finlake seemed just right). Park facilities were excellent and the grounds extremely well maintained. Pools and fitness suite extremely clean and staff pleasant. Park is in a good location to explore the surrounding area but there is also enough on site so you don't have to stray too far to entertain junior members. Michelle, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Sep 2015.
- 2nd time and it didn't disappoint! Stayed in Belvedere Heights which has an elevated position and the whole family found it well placed - not too far to walk to swimming pool, dining and other facilities. Archery, Treetops zips etc., horseriding, water slide - all greatly enjoyed by all ages.! The food was once again reasonably priced but of a good quality and satisfied even the most hungry members of the family. We'll be back... Ernie, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Aug 2015
- We stayed in the Woodland Deluxe 4 cabin which was stunning inside and the views from the balcony were really cool. It feels like you are sitting in the canopy of the trees with rolling hillside in the background. The hot tub and sauna were a great way to relax after each day exploring. If we were to nit pick, the only thing that let the lodge down was the double bed which was a little cramped for our liking but comfy. We didn't go to the entertainment much as we were tired from the daytime activities but it's the usual holiday stuff as far as i can tell you. The staff are very friendly and helpful. If you like the outdoors you must go to Castle Drogo in Dartmoor National Park. You can park for free and follow the Huntsmans path from there. The views across the valley are stunning and eventually you will descend to the river which will lead you to an amazing riverside pub. The walk back is mainly along the river ( this is fishermans path which in the end rejoins huntsman path back to the castle). Karen, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- We stayed at 32 The Hampshires, we couldn't have asked for better, the lodge had everything we needed - including a hot tub !! The park itself is beautiful and very well looked after, all the staff we spoke with were very friendly and helpfu, we didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on that, but would definitely recommend the high rope course and archery. We had our dog with us and this park is ideal for long leasurly walks, we will definitely be back in the future and would recommend the park to everyone. Diane, Rating 5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- A lovely stay in one of the superior country lodges, very spacious and cosy, very well equipped. Jacuzzi fabulous. Beautiful woodland walks, very peaceful. Restaurant nice food, friendly people. Overall fantastic break will be returning, possibly in the summer next time.
- The park is fantastic, we are a couple yet think facilities are perfect for both families and couples. The hot tub just made it for us this year, cant wait to book next year!!
- Would definitely recommend to others as we had such a fantastic time!! We took our 6mth old son and it was our first holiday together, defo come again next year ourselves and bring the in-laws!
- It was fantastic! So happy with our choice & the children had the best time. Our lodge was of superb standard, the hot tub complete luxury and we cannot wait to book again. Highly recommended!
Holiday Lodge Accommodation Summary (EN229) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
2- 6 each
1 - 3
1 or 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|