Waterside Holiday Park, Paignton, south Devon
Holiday park by the coast with indoor pool
Blue flag beach just 2 miles from the holiday park
Nightly entertainment at this Paignton holiday park
Family friendly holiday accommodation in Devon
Relax on the terrace on your family holiday
Waterside Holiday Park stunning coastal location
Outdoor heated swimming pool for whole family fun
waterside holiday park, paignton, south devon
- Waterside Holiday Park is located just outside Paignton on the South Devon Coast. This is a quieter family friendly holiday park compared to some with stunning countryside views & a fun entertainment program with a different show every night, all included in the price of your accommodation. A half board package is also offered at this park so if you want to budget ahead, this is ideal, alternatively you might just want to book on Bed & Breakfast basis with a cooked breakfast every morning.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool with sun terrace (open 30 March to 30 Sept)
- Kids club for 5-14 year olds
- Blue flag beach just 2 miles from the holiday park
- Family bar with Sky TV, Restaurant
- Free wifi internet access
- Shop & launderette onsite
- Nightly entertainment program
- Pets welcome at a small extra cost in our Bronze caravan range
- Disabled friendly accommodation
- Gold Plus Caravan Range - 2 bed (sleeps 4), 2 bed (sleeps 6) or 3 bed (sleeps 8) available plus a fully adapted wheelchair friendly 2 bed (sleeps 6) caravan. All 12ft wide with TV & DVD player, heating in bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen & early check in from 2pm. Gas, electricity, linen, bed-making & entertainment passes included in the price. Sorry no pets.
- Gold Caravan Range - 2 bed (sleeps 6). 12ft wide with 1 double & 1 twin plus extra sleeping in the lounge. TV, heating in master bedroom, fully equipped kitchen & early check in from 2pm. Gas, electricity, linen, bed-making & entertainment passes included in the price. Sorry no pets.
- Silver Plus Caravan Range - 2 bed (sleeps 6) or 3 bed (sleeps 8) available. All 12ft wide with TV, fully equipped kitchen. Gas, electricity, linen & entertainment passes included in the price. Sorry no pets.
- Silver Caravan Range - 2 bed (sleeps 6) or 3 bed (sleeps 8) available. All 10ft wide with TV, fully equipped kitchen. Gas, electricity, linen & entertainment passes included in the price. Sorry no pets.
- Bronze Plus Caravan Range - 2 bed (sleeps 6), 3 bed (sleeps 8) or 4 bed (sleeps 8) available. All 12ft wide with TV, fully equipped kitchen. Gas, electricity & entertainment passes included in the price. Maximum of 2 pets welcome for small extra charge. Linen can be hired.
- Bronze Caravan Range - 2 bed (sleeps 4), 2 bed (sleeps 6) or 3 bed (sleeps 8) available. All 10ft wide with TV, fully equipped kitchen. Gas, electricity & entertainment passes included in the price. Maximum of 2 pets welcome for small extra charge. Linen can be hired.
- Crealy Adventure Park: Enter the magical kingdom of Devon's Crealy. Plummet down the Vortex water coaster, meet ‘real' Unicorns, explore Wilderness with tree houses and the cutest deer to feed, plus Crealy's favourite roller coaster returns as Maximus! It's magical family fun guaranteed at Devon's Crealy Great Adventure Park.
- Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway: Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway runs for 7 miles in Great Western tradition from Paignton along the spectacular Torbay coast to Churston and on through the wooded slopes bordering the Dart estuary to Kingswear. The scenery is superb, with seascapes right across Lyme bay to Portland Bill on clear days.
- River Link, River Dart Cruises: River Link operates cruises along the beautiful River Dart, between Dartmouth and Totnes. Our award winning 'Round Robin' is a full day round trip combining the steam train, river cruise and bus ride. Themed evening cruises are also available.
- Pennywell Farm: The biggest and multi award winning Farm Activity Park in the South West! There's so much for the whole family to enjoy including ponies and piglets, eagles and owls, goats and guinea pigs, slides, go-karts, quad bikes, train rides, trampolines, tractors and more! Also, enjoy a new fun activity every half hour - watch, learn and join in!
- Golden Hind Ship: Relive Sir Francis Drake's incredible 16th century voyage aboard this full size replica of his fantastic ship. The Golden Hind offers a unique insight into life onboard a 16th century sailing ship. Also, join the Brixham Buccaneers every Thursday throughout the summer for their swashbuckling pirate antics!
- Paignton Zoo: Home to thousands of amazing animals and plants. Visit the desert, cross the savannah, explore the forest and trek through the tropics. It’s a great day out for everyone!
- Go Ape: Go Ape - The multi-award winning tree-top forest adventure. With rope ladders, tree-top crossings, Tarzan swings, zip wires and safety training. Now 28 adventures to try - with no two courses are the same, so if you’ve been before, check out another site for a whole new adventure. And bring your tribe!
- Living Coasts: Living Coasts is an innovative coastal zoo and discovery centre where you can take a journey around the coasts of the world and see amazing animals and plants in specially-designed naturalistic habitats
- Splashdown: SLIDE INTO THE GREAT OUTDOORS AT BRITAIN'S LARGEST OUTDOOR WATERPARK. Splashdown Waterpark@Quaywest, is a great day out for family and friends. There is something for everyone to enjoy - from big kids to little ones - with some of the UK's most exciting flume rides and some of the English Riviera's most spectacular views, right next to Goodrington Beach it's a winning combination!
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Devon:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking the article title above.
- Why not try Devon for your next family holiday? Discover here why Devon is such a great choice for family holidays in the UK - discover Devon's stunning & secret beaches, get close to wildlife, have fun while learning or DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
- A guide to Dartmouth - holiday at this pretty little port town on the south Devon coast for the nature, history & water-based activities. Plus some ideas on where to find your holiday accommodation.
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
- Please send us a review of the Waterside holiday park in south Devon by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- I have visited Waterside many times over the last ten years. There are many places you can visit either by car or walking. Joy, Rating 5 out of 5, Oct 2015
- We all had a lovely week, all the staff where very nice and polite, the entertainment manager was brilliant very entertaining, the caravans where very clean tidy, very impressed would return to waterside anytime. Ruth, Rating 4 out of 5, Aug 2015
- We recently stayed for a long weekend in a "New for 2015 Gold Plus" Caravan. Yes all nice and new but cleanliness could be improved on, my point mainly referring to the floors, as it is vinyl flooring, which is excellent, you can't see the bits and so I don't think its being cleaned properly. The site is in a great location though I think its just the private homes that get the sea views. We didn't visit the club house in the evenings so couldn't comment on that. We visited the eatery to order a takeaway, only a few tables occupied but the member of staff said 20 minute wait as he was so busy with people sat inside. Food ok but nothing brilliant. Small shop not open long enough. My main complaint which would perhaps make a difference to me booking again was that the pool closes at 5pm. What a disappointment on a lovely summers evening, we had been out for the day and wanted to enjoy sometime in the pool and just managed 1/2 an hour. Taking into consideration English weather, you don't always get an opportunity everyday especially on our weekend when the pool was closed on our day of arrival due to a maintenance issue! Dawn, Rating 3.5 out of 5, Aug 2015.
- Could not fault the staff one bit, especially takeaway and bar staff, the shop closed at 5pm which was of no use anyway with the lack of essentials and the grounds was immaculately clean and well maintained. Roger, Rating 2.5 out of 5, Jun 2015.
- Perfect location - didn't have to use the car all week because of the close proximity to coastal path and frequent bus service. Clean caravan. Helpful friendly staff. Only thing missing - an indoor pool although the outdoor pool was very warm. Nadia, Rating 4.5 out of 5, Jun 2015
- Lovely holiday, great location and lovely clean caravan. One criticism is the on site shop, no milk or bread at 9am on two occasions, surely these are the two basic items you would have plenty of. Another criticism is the staff at reception, unfriendly and not particularly helpful. Other than that very nice place. Helen, Rating 3.5 out of 5, Jun 2015
- Stayed for 4 nights in a Gold Plus Caravan and couldn't fault it. Arrived early on the momday so decided to hit the pool as the weather was scorching and the minute we entered Tom the lifeguard approached us and introduced himself and gave us a run down the the rules around the pool and made us feel very welcome. Tom and George continued to play and entertain the kids by the pool which they all loved excellent life guards. Found facilities excellent and staff very helpful and extremely friendly everyone made you welcome and at ease. The evening entertainment was great for the kids and got everyone involved even the parents too. Would definately come back. Food excellent as well and good value for money.
- Excellent welcome. Location couldn't be bettered. Although I was disappointed that our caravan didn't have a sea view it was only a few paces to one of the best views imaginable with the sweep of the bay from Torquay and further to the north and Brixham to the south. There was a bus stop just outside the site with buses every 10 minutes to Paignton, Torquay or Brixham so the car was left on site most of the time. Absolutely recommend the ferry from Torquay to Brixham at only £1 each way which must be the best value 30 minute boat trip in the UK. The site was clean and well laid out. We didn't really use the on site facilities or club because we were too busy at one of the many nearby coves in the evenings - easy to reach via the coastal trail, or too exhausted to move after a busy day with so much to do locally. Oh, and the Paignton to Dartmouth steam train runs past the park, so that's another bonus. The on site shop has a good range of food and at reasonable prices which isn't always the case at caravan parks. And bread baked fresh every morning - baguettes, rolls and croissant. Nothing negative to say. Just a great holiday experience - AND the sun shone most of the week
- Wow, what can I say - every year I used to come to waterside with my family and although a few things have changed (I.e the shop) the park is still as brilliant as always. We came with our dog, Rupert who is 10 months old, and as always even though we stay in a pet friendly caravan, it was spotlessly clean and spacious. The staff were lovely and fussed Rupert no end - which he loved!! We thought the oven was broke (turned out we were doing it wrong as not used to as) and a site engineer was with us in aprox 5 minutes to offer assistance. Right near our van is a pathway to a grassy area to walk Rupert and after a few days the dog bin seemed to disappear leaving is nowhere hygienic to dispose of his, well, business! We then had to use the large biffa type bins which was no hassle To us but not very environmentally friendly or nice for the refuse workers at the other end!! We didn't use the facilities such as the entertainment or pool as we didn't want to leave the puppy but in previous year this has always been great and the pool is opposite our van and always had a lifeguard there. although we could bear the music from the pool and evening entertainment we couldn't really expect any less and it didn't really bother us. The steam train regularly passes by the site which I personally love as reminds me of family holidays waving at the driver to toot his horn! The local amminities are great with supermarkets, local stores, leisure centres, take aways etc eyc and the beach is a short walk away - part of the beach (behind the pub inn on the quay) is used for dogs which was great for us. One thing I found odd - I got some post cards from the shop near the beach and must have gone in about 12 shops before I found any stamps - no criticism really but I would have thought the local shop on site should have sold this. Neither did they have sun cream or after sun (which we foolishly needed) so don't forget to bring your own!! A fantastic holiday as always - we can't wait to come again - of you do come to this area, bygones in babbacone is a great place to visit, and for the kids, dinosaur world in the centre of Torquay. Have a great holiday everyone - we can't wait to return. Best get packing as we leave in the morning - ok, ok, maybe after one last swim in the sea for Rupert!!
Holiday Park Accommodation Summary (EN266) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
2 - 4
1 or 2
|not yet||from £104 for a short break, £149-£1,024/wk|
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Also available via Hoseasons, telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|