Woolacombe Holiday Park, Golden Coast Village, Devon
The stunning location of this park boasts 3 miles of sandy beach
Holiday park activities include surf simulator
Family fun, practising canoeing on the onsite swimming pool
The holiday park even has its own flumes
Onsite ten pin bowling if the weather is not so good
Rope climbing and activities up in the air for the children
Go karting at Golden Coast Holiday Village
Woolacombe Holiday Park has its own kids club too
Woolacombe Holiday Park - superb setting & accommodation
Exclusive 3 bed holiday cottage at Woolacombe holiday park
Gold standard - 3 bedroom self catering cottage
Silver standard - 2 and 3 bed accommodation
Woolacombe Holiday Park, a superb tourist destination in Devon
woolacombe holiday park - golden coast holiday village, north devon
- This Woolacombe holiday park is beautifully situated amidst acres of landscaped parkland at the head of a picturesque Devon valley. Boasting 3 miles of glorious Blue Flag beach for surfers & beach-lovers and an exceptional choice of facilities, this is the ultimate base for a family seaside escape. The holiday park has 5 swimming pools, a selection of bars & restaurants, fabulous entertainment, kids’ clubs for all ages, a cinema, sports programme and even a ceramic studio, there really is something to suit everyone at Golden Coast Holiday Park!
- NEW sports area including beach club area with real sand and its own café bar, Surfing Simulator with sliding glass roof, High ropes course with climbing/Abseiling tower, adventure golf course (under the high ropes course), Pirate adventure play area, WaterWalkerz and Bungee Trampoline
- 2 indoor heated pools & 3 outdoor heated pools, one with water slides and flumes
- Tennis court, Table tennis, snooker / pool, pitch & putt plus 9 hole golf course
- Outdoor all weather short mat bowls, Ten-pin bowling, soft play area
- Trim Trail assault course, crazy golf, adventure playground
- Health Spa
- Entertainment venue, shows, disco & bingo, sports bar, waves coffee shop
- Old Mill Pub and restaurant, Billy's Takeaway
- Kids clubs
- Amusement arcade, ceramic studio
- Convenience store, WiFi access & launderette
- TV, Additional TV in master bedroom and DVD (Gold and Exclusive only)
- Kitchen including microwave, fridge freezer and washer/dryer.
- Dishwasher (Gold 8 and Exclusive only)
- Wi-Fi access*
- Bed linen and duvets
- Towels (Exclusive only)
- Beds made up for your arrival (Gold and Exclusive only)
- Patio with garden furniture
- Additional sleeping for two in lounge area
- Double glazed and centrally heated
- Gas and Elecricity included
- No all-male, all-female or mixed groups under 25
- Cots/travel cots £12pw each, cot rails £3pw each and highchairs £12pw each
- No pets
- Golden Coast Silver 6 Holiday Cottage (sleeps 6 in 2 bedrooms): Comfortable self catering holiday cottage with one double and one twin. Family shower room.
- Golden Coast Silver 8 Holiday Cottage (sleeps 8 in 3 bedrooms): Comfortable self catering holiday cottage with one double and two twin. Family shower room.
- Golden Coast Gold 8 Holiday Cottage (sleeps 8 in 3 bedrooms): Quality self catering holiday cottage with one double and two twin. Family shower room
- Golden Coast Exclusive 8 Holiday Cottage (sleeps 8 in 3 bedrooms): Superior and contemporary cottage with one master double with ensuite and two twin. Family shower room. Early 2pm check in. Complimentary welcome pack on arrival. Daily maid service.
- Wild and rugged round Hartland Point, then stretching out into wide, surf-washed sandy bays – explore one of the world’s loveliest coastlines when you take a Hoseasons lodge holiday in North Devon. Surfers and sailors flock to Woolacombe, Saunton, Croyde and Ilfracombe, and windsurfing, water skiing, canoeing and diving are all popular on this coast too, while walkers are attracted to the spectacular views along the coastal path.
- It’s also a working coast, and fishermen still bring their catches into harbours at Bideford and the enchanting villages of Appledore and Clovelly, whose whitewashed cottages seem to tumble down steep cobbled lanes to ancient quaysides. And when planning lodge holidays in North Devon, don’t miss a chance to take a boat trip to Lundy Island, a beautiful haven for wildlife.
- You’ll find great days out within easy reach of all our holiday lodges. North Devon offers a great array of family attractions – life-size animated dinosaurs lurk in subtropical vegetation at Combe Martin’s Wildlife and Dinosaur lodge, the Milky Way Adventure offers thrills of a more adrenaline boosting kind, and sheep races and duck trials feature in the fun at the Big Sheep.
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Devon:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking the article title above.
- Why not try Devon for your next family holiday? Discover here why Devon is such a great choice for family holidays in the UK - discover Devon's stunning & secret beaches, get close to wildlife, have fun while learning or DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
- A guide to Dartmouth - holiday at this pretty little port town on the south Devon coast for the nature, history & water-based activities. Plus some ideas on where to find your holiday accommodation.
- Click here to read other articles in our holiday blog.
- Please send us a review of this Woolacombe holiday park by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Woolacombe is beautiful and Golden Coast Holiday Village is a great place - so many activities for everyone to get involved in. We stayed in a silver lodge, however we felt that the interior was very tired and in need of some "TLC". The dining table was sticky, the toilet started to leak and the furniture was just very worn out. So for a "silver" lodge wedding expect a bit more from it. We would stay again (due to the park location and the activities on offer) but perhaps we would try an alternative accommodation. The cleanliness of the site was great, the staff were accommodating and the location was great. Just the accommodation that let itself down really!
- Brilliant lodge. Great staff. Lovely holiday. Would definitely recommend and go back. Only thing that we didn't like was the take away on sight but apart from that fantastic.
- Lovely location, well kept and friendly staff would definitely come back.
- Perfect location for my family. The resort had almost everything we needed to keep our two year olds entertained. Entertainment team were fab & very impressed that they remembered our daughters names every time! Some facilities are a bit dated at golden coast and could do with a play park suitable for younger ones. However, Accessibility to the other parks means that you don't get bored! Not far from the fantastic beach! Overall, definitely a great holiday & will return again.
- Woolacombe is beautiful and Golden Coast Holiday Village is a great place - so many activities for everyone to get involved in.
- We stayed in a silver lodge, however we felt that the interior was very tired and in need of some "TLC". The dining table was sticky, the toilet started to leak and the furniture was just very worn out. So for a "silver" lodge wedding expect a bit more from it. We would stay again (due to the park location and the activities on offer) but perhaps we would try an alternative accommodation. The cleanliness of the site was great, the staff were accommodating and the location was great. Just the accommodation that let itself down really!
- Good place to stay would have been better during the summer months when it was warmer and all the rides was on but we found other things to do in local area.
- The site; Is a pleasant site with good facilities, accommodation of decent quality and cleanliness, although to call the accommodation a cottage is somewhat stretching the facts. Entertainment; We didn't make use of the evening entertainment activities provided except for "dropping by" to look at the "cabaret", which was somewhat disappointing - little more than themed karaoke sessions by the entertainment staff generally. Location; Being some 1.5 miles from the beach - downhill, it is generally necessary to either use the bus (weekly pass needs to be purchased) or your own car - or cycle, as we done once or twice, return journey being uphill was not as good. We will possibly not return to this site - or North Devon - in the foreseeable future, as we were slightly disappointed with the area generally - maybe rose coloured glasses etc of childhood memories coming into play - and there are many other places in the UK to visit.
- We had a lovely holiday at Gold coast which is a short drive from Woolacombe. The site was clean, well run and the staff were very helpful. There were lots of things to do, especially if you had older children. The evening entertainment was excellent. We hope to to return next year.
- A great place to stay and explore the local area. Cottage was clean and pleasant.
- Great holiday park, pools were good, loads of activities for older children just a shame there weren't as many outdoor activities for younger children.
- We had a great five days at golden coast. Plenty to do for all ages, entertainment team were fab and other staff were very helpful. The store was well equipped for all the bits and pieces we forgot and reasonable prices too. We would definitely stay here again! :-)
- thus is a lovely site with lots of amenities but a little disappointing that a lot of the children's activities came with an additional charge. A little refurbishment is needed to the lodges. Overall a lovely hokiday.
- We all had a lovely time. There was something that suited all my film wasost impressed with the facilities you had to offer something to do all day long even in the rain. We all had a lovely holiday. Thank you
- We had a great time. The standard was high and the staff were very helpful. The shuttle to the beach a great idea. The only thing that was disappointing was if we wanted to sit outside the lodge we were on the road and felt exposed.
- Stayed here a couple of weeks ago with my 11 month old daughter, my partner and his two children aged 10 and 12. Lots to do on site which was good on the days when it was a bit wet. My partner and step children went on the Flowrider wave and enjoyed it and we used the indoor and outdoor pools. Indoor pool could do with more changing rooms as was a bit of a queue to use them but otherwise a nice pool. Kids loved the arcades as well! Shop on site was also a hit with the kids as well and did some reasonably priced basics to help you cook an evening meal if you didn't fancy the bar/restaurant on site. Onsite food was good though but quite expensive, couldn't afford to eat on site every night so we cooked most meals.
Holiday Park Summary (EN216) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
2 - 8 each
2 or 3
1 or 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|