swandown luxury holiday lodges, cricket st thomas, chard, somerset
- Indulge in the luxury of our holiday lodges set in the Somerset Valley on the scenic Cricket St Thomas Estate, from where you can savour the best Somerset has to offer by way of seaside resorts, pleasure arcades, sightseeing, historic attractions and scenes of natural beauty.
- The historic and scenic Cricket St Thomas estate provides the picturesque setting for our 5 luxurious, well appointed, Swandown Holiday Lodges. Tastefully and comfortably furnished, guests also have access to the first rate facilities offered at the estate's leisure complex, including an indoor swimming pool, spa, sauna and steam room. From this idyllic base, one can explore Somerset and its neighbouring counties, a region bursting at the seams with natural beauty, historic sites and a wealth of attractions to visit.
- The great natural wonder of the area is undoubtedly Cheddar Gorge, whilst the diverse coastline has spawned several seaside resorts from Clevedon with its historic pier and quirky teahouse to beautiful laid back Bournemouth. Sights to see include the Roman Baths, the city of Bath itself, Glastonbury Tor, Wells Cathedral, several stately homes, castles and museums scattered throughout the area. Enjoy the paddle steamers in Clevedon, quirky medieval streets of Bruton, Sheppy's Cider Farm, hop onto the ‘Strawberry Line' as this historic steam train chugs through the Mendip hills and wind down on horse riding trails and walks inland and along the coastlines.
- Indoor heated swimming pool, spa, sauna & steamroom
- Outdoor adventure playground, games, activities
- Bike hire, Nature trials & explorer packs
- Fishing & Clay pigeon shooting
- Family pub serving food, WiFi access
- Selection of board games & Nintendo Wii and games
Holiday lodge accommodation is as follows:
- Private outdoor hot tub (except Blackdown and Netherhaye)
- Log burning stove
- Flat screen TV with Blu-ray and Freeview
- DAB radio
- Additional TV in master bedroom
- iPod docking station
- Kitchen including dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave and fridge/freezer
- Bath and shower
- Luxurious bathrobes and slippers in each master bathroom
- Quality bed linen, duvets and towels
- Beds made up for your arrival
- Large patio with barbecue
- Double glazed and centrally heated
- Gas and electricity included
- Cots, travel cots and highchairs included
- Pets £20pw (in specific accommodation) (max 2)
- Blackdown Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Brand new for 2012. Stunning designed contemporary lodge. Two doubles, one with ensuite shower and french doors to patio, one with ensuite bath. Additional WC. Spacious open plan living area with vaulted ceiling for rustic charm. Modern kitchen and dining space and floor to ceiling windows leading out to patio and spectacular views
- Kittwhistle Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Brand new for 2012. Stunning designed contemporary lodge. Two doubles, one with ensuite shower and french doors to patio, one with ensuite bath. Additional WC. Spacious open plan living area with vaulted ceiling for rustic charm. Modern kitchen and dining space and floor to ceiling windows leading out to patio with private outdoor hot tub and spectacular views
- Netherhaye Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Brand new for 2012. Luxurious semi detached two storey lodge designed in an ’upside down’ living style. Ground floor: Two doubles, one with ensuite shower and one with doors leading out to patio, and one twin. Family bathroom. First floor: Spacious and contemporary open plan living area accessed at ground level with kitchen, dining space and separate WC. Large patio doors lead out on to balcony with spectacular views
- Goldenhaye Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Brand new for 2012. Ultra luxury and spectacular two storey lodge. Ground floor: One double with ensuite shower. Modern kitchen and dining area leads in to the fabulous living space with stunning ground-to-roof cathedral windows overlooking glorious countryside views and vaulted ceiling. Doors leading out to patio with private outdoor hot tub. Separate WC. First floor: Two doubles, both ensuite, one with dressing room.
- Poldon Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms): Brand new for 2012. Luxurious semi detached two storey lodge designed in an ’upside down’ living style. Ground floor: Two doubles, one with ensuite shower and one with doors leading out to patio, and one twin. Family bathroom. First floor: Spacious and contemporary open plan living area accessed at ground level with kitchen, dining space and separate WC. Large patio doors leading out to balcony with private outdoor hot tub and spectacular views
- Fun-filled, high-energy active break or relaxing in tranquil surroundings, you’ll find the perfect combination at one of our holiday lodges in Somerset. Miles of unspoilt coastline, beautiful countryside and city pleasures too – Somerset offers something for everyone. You’ll find a superb array of visitor attractions near all our holiday lodges in Somerset. Weston-Super-Mare, Minehead and Burnham-on-Sea boast family friendly, sandy beaches, traditional seaside amusements and great water sports, and for a more dramatic coastal experience, there’s Exmoor National lodge. This is Lorna Doone country, a stunning backdrop for horse riding, walking and canoeing. The Quantock Hills and Somerset Levels (both areas of outstanding natural beauty) are great for cycling and there’s abseiling and caving at Cheddar Gorge – the less active might prefer a guided tour of Wookey Hole.
- Visit Bath for the elegance of its Georgian architecture, fascinating Roman remains and great shopping, and be sure to take a trip to Wells, England’s smallest cathedral city. At Glastonbury, there’s the legendary Tor, and Longleat provides a great day out for all ages. Enjoy all this and so much more when you book one of our lodge holidays in Somerset.
- I think the following blog posting might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Dorset & Somerset:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking here ...
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Please send us a review of this Somerset holiday lodge by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Holiday Lodge Accommodation Summary (EN219) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6 each
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|