church farm stables, buckland newton, dorset, south west england
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN145) (click here for map )
up to 4
||Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking
||Email owner by clicking on icon
- Church Farm Stables have been converted into spacious accommodation comprising two double bedrooms and two bathrooms, sitting room with dining area and fully equipped kitchen set in an Area of Outstanding Beauty in West Dorset and has been awarded 4 stars by Enjoy England. Buckland Newton is approximately 10 miles north of the Roman town of Dorchester and 9 miles south of the market town of Sherborne and lies almost hidden in a fold of hills on the southern edge of Blackmore Vale. There are many unspoilt beaches within easy reach along the south coast, from Studland's golden sands, Lulworth Cove, Weymouth, Chesil Beach, Abbotsbury Swannery and the sub-tropical gardens, Burton Bradstock, West Bay, Golden Cap near Seatown and Lyme Regis for fossils and a dinosaur tour. The whole of this part of the south coast has recently been selected for World Heritage Site Status. Athelhampton Gardens and the Cerne Giant at Cerne Abbas are also well worth a visit. Golf, fishing, riding, tennis, bicycling, are within easy reach.
- The Stables sleeps 4 + 1. There are two double bedrooms, one with a double bed, the other with twin beds, plus the facility to sleep one more baby or young child. There is a shower room off the master bedroom and a second bathroom adjacent to the second bedroom. Please note that there is a ramp to the front of the house and no steps within the property allowing for wheelchair access.
- The sitting room has a coal effect gas fire, leading to dining area with seating for four people and satellite television.The galley kitchen is fully equipped with electric cooker and hob, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer and microwave. Guests may use the owners tumble drier if required, otherwise there is a clothes line (shared with owners) behind the Stables. The Stables have their own private drive with parking for two cars. Outside there is a private patio with garden furniture and a BBQ, 20 acres of fields to explore including a water meadow, river and wildlife pond with many wonderful walks through woods, fields and lanes direct from the door. Stables has Wifi, and a DVD player. Toys for children to play with whilst on holiday. Sunken trampoline. Softened water. Leaflets for things to do and see whilst on holiday.
Useful holiday blog postings for South West England
- I think the following blog posting might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in Dorset & Somerset:
- Beach holidays in south west England for families - with the weather like this what could be better than thinking about that precious family time on the beach. This year, why not try the south west of England? We have found you some great options for your family beach holiday this year in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Somerset, so read on by clicking here ...
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this self catering cottage in Dorset by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 1 family holiday recommendation, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 5 out of 5
- It lived up to every expectation and more. Perfect, just perfect. Rating 5 out of 5, Mr & Mrs Silver, June 2010.
Reviews from the Owners' website
- "The timeless tranquillity and tremendous warmth never fades, we shall be back again for our 6th visit next year."
- "Such a lovely place to stay, the setting is delightful and the accommodation excellent and warm hospitality."
- "One of the very best cottages in over 20 years of staying in UK holiday cottages!"