Pilgrims Holiday Cottages, Bacton, Norfolk Coast - four 2-3 beds, pool
The Coach House, Brinton, Norfolk Coast - 4 bed, pool, tennis
Essex Holiday Parks, Clacton - 3 parks, pool
Church Farm Barns, Happisburgh, Norfolk Coast four 2-3 beds
Primrose Cottage, Kersey, Suffolk - sleeps 2 + cot
The Old Coach House, Cawston, Norfolk Coast - 2 bed cottage, pool
Blythburgh Cottages, Suffolk Coast - three 2-3 beds, pool
Bainland Country Park, Lincolnshire - 1-3 bed, pool, tennis, golf, activities
Woodham Walter Lodges, Chelmsford, Essex - 2-3 beds, pool, hot tubs
Ferry Marina Cottages, Horning, Norfolk Broads - 2-4 beds, pool
Suffolk Caravan Holidays, Felixstowe - pool, by beach
Broadland Holiday Village, Lowestoft, Suffolk - pool & hot tubs
holiday accommodation in norfolk, suffolk, essex & lincolnshire
- Holidays in the East of England have plenty going for it - miles of coastline, plenty of tourist attractions to keep the whole family happy plus value for money - often better than in other more popular areas of the UK. Our family friendly holiday accommodation in the East of England includes Suffolk & Norfolk holiday cottages, Essex & Lincolnshire holiday parks & luxury holiday lodges or log cabins. It is one of our favourite & more local regions in the UK - when the kids were small we holidayed in either Norfolk or Suffolk almost every May & were lucky enough to have wonderful weather too!
- Norfolk holiday cottages & accommodation are ideal for a family holiday allowing you the flexibility to do what you want when you want. This is the most popular area of the East of England by far & therefore has numerous tourist attractions on offer. These include the North Norfolk Steam Railway, The Shire Horse Centre, Seal Trips from Morston or take a boat trip on the Norfolk Broads. Then there is Bewilderwood, a treetop adventure for kids, traditional seaside amusements at Hunstanton & Great Yarmouth then everything in between. Not to mention the beautiful family friendly coast in Norfolk. All along the coast, from historic King’s Lynn to the everlastingly popular Great Yarmouth, there are miles & miles of gorgeous sandy beaches. Inland you will find Norfolk's flat landscape great to explore on bikes with winding country lanes leading to stunning little villages & ancient churchs.
- Suffolk holiday cottages & accommodation are equally good but is perhaps more suited to those looking for a more relaxed pace of life on holiday. Of course the Suffolk Coast also offers miles & miles of sandy beaches but there are not the grand old large seaside resorts on the Suffolk Coast, rather you will find smaller fishing villages & seaside resorts. Aldeburgh & Southwold are certainly worth visiting. Inland though is perhaps the more famous part of the county with Constable country - Lavenham, Long Melford, Dedham, Sudbury & Kersey are highly recommended for their shear beauty & also finding the location of his famous paintings such as Flatford Mill. Colchester Zoo & the Roman remains of Colchester are also popular tourist destinations.
- Essex holiday parks offer the "fun" destinations! The quality of them is far superior than my expectations, I would freely admit! I think it is the numerous facilities that really make these places stand out such as indoor & outdoor swimming pools with flumes, restaurants & bars onsite, entertainment & kids clubs plus adventure playgrounds & onsite shops. Accommodation is in superior mobile homes that come with their own separate bedrooms, shower room & open plan kitchen, living & dining rooms with all the facilities for a perfect family holiday. Perhaps though, the most important benefit are the locations, often right on the sandy beach - just perfect!
- In Lincolnshire in the East Midlands there is also a wealth of things to do whilst on your family holiday. Motor sport is key to the region with Cadwell Park, British Superbike Championships Club Racing, both bikes and cars - or experience it yourself with the Yamaha Track and Race Bike School or Manby Motorplex offers driving experiences. Throughout the county of Lincolnshire there are over 100 walks to enjoy - plenty to keep you and your dog occupied during your visit! Lincolnshire's different walking zones include – the Wolds, the Heart of Lincolnshire, the City, the Vales, the Fens, the Coast and the Ancholme Valley. The Lincolnshire coast has some wonderful beaches - from the quiet sandy expanses to the more traditional donkey-rides and sandcastle building. At Donna Nook it is possible to see the Grey Seal's pupping from October to January each year. There are many cycle routes across Lincolnshire and the East Midlands that take you along pleasant, tranquil, un-spoilt country lanes. The Water Rail Way has officially been opened from Lincoln to Boston the route embraces a variety of scenery, from the City, to rolling farmland and ancient woodlands, to the wild beauty of the fens back to a City.
- Fishing is another excellent holiday pastime in Lincolnshire. Major rivers in the county include the Witham, which flows in its entirety through Lincolnshire, the Welland in the south and the Ancholme in the north; the Fossdyke canal runs into Lincoln and there are a variety of drains around Boston and the Fens. They all represent excellent coarse fishing. The upper Witham, Great & Long Eau, Bain and upper Welland all offer interesting angling opportunities for the trout and game angler. Lincolnshire offers a variety of holiday accommodation including cottages, parks & luxury holiday lodges. We recently went on our first visit to a holiday lodge & couldn't quite get over the high standard of accommodation. We had a 2 bedroom lodge with its own bathroom, kitchen including a dishwasher, washing machine & microwave plus a lounge with a fire, TV & DVD player. Our neighbours even had their own private hot tub. I can heartily recommend Bainland Country Park as a great family friendly holiday destination - there are so many things for the kids to do that they will be busy (and happy) the whole holiday!
- Below is a summary of our Norfolk holiday cottages, Suffolk, Essex & Lincolnshire holiday accommodation in the East of England - many have family friendly facilities such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too! To find your holidays in Norfolk and Suffolk in the East of England just click on the accommodation name for further details, or use the interactive map below by clicking on the markers.
- If you have any other places to recommend in the East of England then please click on "Make a Holiday Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own cottage as a family holiday destination then please click on "Advertise my holiday cottage on Recommended Family Holidays"
Holiday cottages, lodges, apartments & mobile homes - East of England
|Pilgrims Holiday Cottages, Bacton, Norfolk Coast||2||5||2-3 beds||4||Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NY||YN||from £430/wk||Walk to beach, wheelchair friendly|
|The Coach House, Brinton, Norfolk Coast||4 beds||1||Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NY||YN||from £942/wk||Indoor pool, tennis court, sauna|
|The Old Coach House, Cawston, Norfolk Coast||2 beds||1||Village Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NN||NN||from £390/wk||Outdoor heated pool|
|Primrose Cottage, Kersey, Suffolk||1 bed||1||Village||YY||YYY||NY||NN||NN||YN||from £441/wk||Sleeps 2 + cot|
|Church Farm Barns, Happisburgh, Norfolk||2-3 bed||4||Coast Village||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NN||YN||from £371/wk||Walk to beach. Disabled friendly|
|Tide Holiday Cottage, Overstrand, Norfolk||2 bed||1||Coast Village||YY||YYN||NY||YN||NN||YN||£391-952/wk||Walk to beach|
|Essex Holiday Parks, Clacton on Sea||Coast||NY||YYY||YN||YN||YY||YY||Caravans & chalets|
|Blythburgh Cottages, Suffolk Coast||2-3 beds||3||Village Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NN||YN||from £331/wk||Indoor pool, gym, games room|
|Bainland Country Park Accommodation, Lincolnshire||1-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£285-789/wk||Short breaks, tennis, disabled|
|Woodham Walter Lodges, Maldon, Essex, East of England||2-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£475-1,165/wk||Short breaks, hot tubs|
|Bruisyard Hall, Saxmundham, Suffolk||10 beds||1||Village||YY||YYN||NY||YN||YY||YN||from £2,000/night||Short breaks, wedding venue|
|Ferry Marina Cottages, Horning, Norfolk Broads||2-4 beds||Marina||YY||YYY||YN||YN||YY||YY||£386-949/wk||Short breaks|
|Suffolk Caravan Holidays, Felixstowe||2-4 beds||Coast||NY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||Caravans, indoor pool|
|Broadland Holiday Village, Lowestoft, Suffolk||1-4 beds||Coast||NY||YYY||YN||YN||YY||YY||£265-629/wk||Some private hot tubs. Bungalows & caravans|
map of holiday acommodation in the east of england
View Norfolk Holiday Cottages in a larger map