bruisyard hall, saxmundham, suffolk, east of england
- Bruisyard Hall, located in 700 acres of private estate in the heart of Suffolk countryside, offers the peace and tranquility for a much-needed break from everyday life.
- This beautiful 10 bedroom country manor is spacious and grand with a homely and comfortable atmosphere. In 2013, it was carefully refurbished to the highest standards it has Visit England 5* Gold Award Grading. Perfect for weddings, family breaks or a corporate retreat, its setting offers panoramic views of the surrounding estate. Dating back to the 14th Century, this historical house faces south to the upper reaches of the River Alde and even has it's own moat and fishponds!
- Accommodating parties up to twenty people, the master bedroom complete with a locally handmade bedroom with a valley view offers the perfect haven for a special occasion and the other 9 rooms (4 doubles and 5 double/twins) have 9 bathrooms and 2 downstairs WC facilities.
- Large groups of families and friends can enjoy the well-equipped and spacious rooms. Downstairs, the hallway with its 16th Century beams, leads into the Drawing Room, with its oak floor, stone fireplace and tall windows looking out over beautiful, wooded countryside. The dining room, with its attractive gallery window high on the back wall, can seat 20 and is next to the 14th Century beamed kitchen which has been modernised with fridges, freezers, a range cooker, 2 further ovens, 2 dishwashers, microwave and everything you could need to cater for a large party.
- Indeed, the house is a paradise for children, who will spend happy hours exploring its nooks and crannies.
- The house is equipped to a high standard throughout. There is a large games room next to the kitchen, with a pool table. And in the newly converted attic room complete with honesty bar, card table and Sky TV, you will agree that this is a great room for people to kick back and relax.
- The Drawing room houses and open fire and copious amounts of wood are provided which complements the wood-chip central heating. Linen and towels are included and cot and high chairs are available too. The housekeeper is available for cleaning and babysitting by arrangement.
- Additional activities that can be arranged are trout fishing in the large 13th Century fishpond, clay pigeon shooting in the grounds and wonderful walks can be had along the River Alde or the farm/woodland behind the house.
- Although Bruisyard Hall is a self-catering house, the owners are able to help with privately catered dinners/lunches or ready to eat meals from its in-house caterers.
- The beautiful Suffolk countryside attracts many visitors each year and the House is close to such attractions as the annual Aldeburgh Festival; beaches at Aldeburgh and Southwold, historic Dunwich – the city under the sea; Minsmere Nature Reserve, Sutton Hoo Viking Burial site and many others. Nearby golf courses, sailing centres and riding stables mean there is never a dull moment. Good pubs and restaurants are not hard to find and there are good shopping opportunities too.
- Click here to check availability of Bruisyard Hall, large group holiday house in Suffolk, East of England
- Please send us a review of this large group holiday home in Suffolk by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Holiday Home Accommodation Summary (EN141) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 20 (or 24)
|10||9||not yet||from £2,000/night|
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Reception on 01728 639000, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this large group holiday cottage.