primrose holiday cottage, kersey, suffolk, east of england
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN246) (click here for map)
|up to 3
- Primrose Luxury Self Catering Holiday Cottage is a Grade II listed building - a romantic hideaway in the heart of Kersey, described as Suffolk's prettiest hamlet. It is a beautiful setting for exploring the wonderful local counrtyside includng Constable Country and the wool towns of Lavenham, Long Melford, Clare and Cavendish. Sleeps 2 + cot in 1 bedroom
- Kersey has been described as Suffolk's prettiest hamlet. In the Middle Ages, Kersey was a thriving village producing woollen yarn and over 500 people occupied the timber framed houses. Nowadays, it's more peaceful place with circa 150 people occupying many of those same houses. It is a beautiful setting for exploring the wonderful local counrtyside includng Constable Country and the wool towns of Lavenham, Long Melford, Clare and Cavendish.
Luxury Self Catering Holiday Cottage in Kersey, Suffolk
- Built in the mid 17th Century and lovingly restored in 2010, Primrose Cottage is a Grade II listed building - a romantic hideaway in the heart of Kersey. Enjoy Primrose Cottage's secluded south-west facing garden that can be quite magical on sunny afternoons. In the cooler months, the snug sitting room with its wood burning stove comes alive making for warm and very cosy evenings. Simply enjoy being in this little beamed cottage as so many have done for well over three centuries - priceless. Shop: 3 miles Pub: 200 yds
- Ground Floor: Sitting/Dining Room with TV, DVD, CD and ipod station, woodburner and logs. Kitchen with electric cooker, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- First Floor: (narrow staircase leading to)Bedroom 1 with a double bed and En-Suite Bathroom with roll-top bath, power-shower cubicle, washbasin and w.c.
- Garden: Enclosed at front. Parking: Off street. Heating: Electric heating. Notes: Linen & towels provided.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this holiday cottage in Kersey, Suffolk by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Reviews from the Suffolk Secrets website
- We had a very happy stay in Primrose Cottage with everything we could possibly have needed. The King's Head in Hadleigh was an excellent place to eat, serving lobster/crab all week! Kersey is such a pretty place with lovely walks. All in all a holiday to remember
- Arrived and street closed for the Jubilee Street Party BBQ, Hog roast, afternoon tea and open gardens. Visited the coast and walked along the river wall at Woodbridge. Fantastic quality and value meal at The Angel, Sudbury and The Bistro on the Quay in Ipswich. Primrose Cottage has been a superb base for days out
- Thank you for a lovely restful and enjoyable time,. We have had walks and cycle rides which are memorable. Hope to see you again
- Our first visit to Suffolk and we have enjoyed a lovely relaxing week and we have certainly recharged our batteries. Thank you Colin and Margaret for sharing your beautiful cottage, we plan to return and explore more of the beautiful countryside.