pilgrims holiday cottages, bacton, norfolk coast, east of england
- Pilgrims Holiday Cottages, tastefully renovated cottages full of character and charm, the perfect base for a memorial break in Norfolk. The seaside attractions of Bacton and other coastal towns, exhilarating theme parks for children, steam train rides, impressive museums, great houses and gardens beckon, all set in beautifully scenic Norfolk.
- In keeping with Norfolk’s rich cultural and historical heritage, set in the secure grounds of the 16th century Grade II listed Pilgrims House, with its beautiful well established gardens, are four stylishly renovated holiday cottages, tastefully furnished to provide cosy, comfortable accommodation whilst retaining the character of the original buildings. Pilgrims House is the former farmhouse of Bromholm Priory, the remains of which can still be seen today. From the rear of the property a pathway leads direct to the sandy beach. The property includes the 16th Century Grade II listed thatched barn, which has been converted to house a large 13 x 6 metre heated indoor swimming pool, with sauna, shower and wc combination. This historic structure boasts exposed beams and stained glass windows, blending modern and age-old features with ease.
- Click links below for more information, availability & to make a booking online at Pilgrims Holiday Cottages on the Norfolk Coast with indoor swimming pool in the East of England from Norfolk Country Cottages - leading holiday cottage agency in Norfolk - book online 24 hours a day
- Pilgrims Chase Holiday Cottage (sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms) is a high quality conversion of four stables and a feed barn. All the original beams are intact. There are pitch pine and terracotta tile floors throughout. Equestrian memorabilia abound. The Chase is laid out on the ground floor and may be suitable for the less able.
- Pilgrims Progress Holiday Cottage (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms) is an attractive conversion of a small Norfolk barn, featuring flint walls and exposed beams with elm boards and terracotta tile flooring. Ground floor layout may be suitable for the less able.
- Pilgrims Prospect Holiday Cottage (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms) is a stunning conversion of the original tack room and forge, and has many unique features. It has terracotta floors throughout the ground floor and old pine floorboards to the upper galleries. Flint walls and exposed beams give character to this delightful cottage, whilst underfloor heating gives a cosy feeling in winter.
- Pilgrims Cottage Holiday Cottage (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms) was the original cottage in the Pilgrims collection and it has recently been refurbished. It was built in the 18th century and thatched in Norfolk reed. The cottage is laid out on the ground floor and has a real feel of traditional rural life.
- Swimming Pool: The indoor pool is made from Italian stone tiles and it measures over 13 x 4 metres, with an overall depth of 1.2 metres. It is heated and air conditioned throughout the year, with a sauna, shower, WC and a superb Bose sound system. The former ventilation slits have been filled in with antique stained glass leaded lights, that dapple the pool with shafts of coloured sunlight.
- Beach: Just 500 yards away is a gorgeous, quiet sandy beach.
- Games room: There is an air hockey/pool table, table football and a multi gym with weights. There is also a washing machine, dryer and irons.
- Outside: You will find an outdoor chess set and a few swingballs to keep you fit as well as individual BBQs for each cottage.
- Bacton Village: Next door to Pilgrims is the excellent Cafe Bacton which serves breakfast, sandwiches and light lunches all day. They will also provide celebration buffets to order. There is also a hairdressers and a shop. There are two pubs in the village but for a special treat take your five pound voucher from your welcome pack and head west out of the village about a mile to the friendly crowd at the Lighthouse Inn, Walcott. In Bacton village there is a bowls club and playing fields. The village hall hosts many clubs and events.
- Whether you’re looking for a fun-filled, energetic break or just to relax and get away from it all, at Hoseasons holiday lodges in Norfolk you’ll find something to please everyone. All along the coast, from historic King’s Lynn to the holiday lodges in Great Yarmouth, there are miles of... ...gorgeous sandy beaches, and the carefully selected locations of our holiday lodges in Norfolk makes it easy to explore Broadland’s unspoilt countryside and the tranquil inland waterways lying under vast, arching skies – a perfect setting for walking, cycling, windsurfing, fishing and boating of all kinds. Hire a boat for a day or take a trip on a Mississippi paddle steamer and enjoy the Broads’ unique, magical atmosphere.
- You’ll find a great array of attractions when you take short break lodge holidays in Norfolk – from Bewilderwood’s treetop adventure for kids to the traditional seaside amusements at Great Yarmouth and Hunstanton, and nostalgic steam train rides on the Bure Valley Railway. Norfolk’s gentle landscape, crossed with winding country lanes leading to picturesque villages and ancient churches, offers great touring, and in Norwich, you’ll discover a vibrant cathedral city where history and the modern world are delightfully combined.
- Please send us a review of this Norfolk coast holiday cottage by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 2 family holiday recommendation, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 5 out of 5
- A fabulous little complex within easy reach of the beach & loads of attractions that Norfolk has to offer. With the indoor pool it really is a place that you can holiday at any time of year as it doesn't matter what the weather is doing. Perfect for us as it was so family friendly & we didn't want to go abroad this year but this was by no means second best. We are planning another trip there next year if we can. Rating 5 out of 5, Emily, received Jan 2013
- Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. What else can I say. We had a great family holiday, loved the cottage, loved the pool, loved the location, loved the area. Already rebooked. Rating 5 out of 5, James, received Jan 2013
- Lovely cottage, brilliant surroundings and very good welcome pack. Wonderful indoor pool, beach and sea excellent. Lighthouse pub 30 mins walk away.
- Beautiful renovation complex and the swimming pool a fantastic attraction. Accommodation very well equipped and welcome packs were a wonderful surprise. Perfect for family/friends, group holidays. We had a great holiday.
- This is our 4th time we have stayed at Pilgrims Cottage and will be back.
- The beach was great for the children (and the dog!) and the pool is stunning.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN243) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
1 or 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|