lake district holiday cottages, lodges & parks
- North west England covers the counties of Cumbria including the Lake District, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Cheshire, a region for walking, cycling, discovery & city breaks. The Lake District in Cumbria is an area which is just perfect for families from babies to big kids! The landscape itself makes it a huge adventure playground with nature trails, public parks, paddling in one of the lakes or rock pooling along the coast. Lake District holiday cottages are highly recommended as a family holiday.
- Recommended Family Holidays has a large selection of Lake District holiday cottages, luxury holiday lodges with their own private hot tubs, or log cabins with onsite swimming pool like at the very popular 5 star White Cross Bay Holiday Park. Within this region you can enjoy long sandy beaches and rugged cliffs at the coast, vast mind-boggling lakes & breathtaking mountain views. Cumbria was the county that inspired many of our greatest writers such as William Wordsworth & Beatrix Potter. Nearly 16 million people visit the Lake District National Park every year which just shows how great it really is.
- There is one article from our holiday blog that you might find useful as it holds lots of information about where to visit & what to do in Cumbria & the Lake District on holiday - Family holidays in the Lake District How much do you know about the Lake District? The Visitor Centre in Brockhole? Beatrix Potter, Postman Pat & Thomas the Tank Engine? Coniston Boating Centre, Lake Windermere? The list goes on in one of the most picturesque parts of the UK & as an added bonus, Cumbria offers great value for family holidays in the UK. Published 12 September 2014.
- Below is a summary of the Lake District holiday cottages & accommodation we feature - many have family friendly features such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too! To find your family holidays in the Lake District just click on the accommodation name for further details, or use the interactive map below by clicking on the markers.
- If you have any other places to recommend in Cumbria & the Lake District then please click on "Make a Holiday Recommendationt" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own property as a family holiday destination then please click on "Advertise my holiday cottage on Recommended Family Holidays".
|Thanet Well Lodges, nr Ullswater, Lake District, NW England||2-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYN||NY||YN||NY||YY||£373-797/wk||Hot tubs, short breaks|
|White Cross Bay, Lake Windermere, Lake District, NW England||2-3 beds||Lake Rural||NY||YNY||YN||YN||YY||YY||from £375/wk||Lodges & static caravans Short breaks|
|Solway Holiday Village, Cumbria Coast||1-3 beds||Coast||NY||YYY||YY||YN||NY||YY||£214-928/wk||Short breaks, kids club|
|South Lakeland Village, Carnforth, Cumbria, NW England||2-3 beds||Rural Coast||NY||YYN||YN||YN||YY||YY||£315-894/wk||Lodges, short breaks|
|Meadows End Lodges, Cartmel, Lake District||1-2 beds||Rural Coast||YY||YYN||NY||YN||YY||YN||£459-829/wk||Hot tubs, short breaks|
|Brockwood Hall Lodges, Millom, Cumbria, NW England||2-3 beds||Rural Coast||YY||YYN||YY||YN||YY||YY||£463-1,185/wk||Sauna, short breaks|
|Hillcroft Holiday Lodges, Ullswater, Lake District||2 beds||Lake Rural||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NY||YY||from £439/wk||Lodges & cottage, short breaks|
map of holiday accommodation in the lake district & cumbria
View Lake District Holiday Cottages in a larger map