thirlmere lodge, white cross bay, lake windermere, lake district
- 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom pet friendly holiday lodge accommodation situated in a stunning location in Troutbeck Bridge village, between the well known tourist destinations of Windermere and Ambleside in the Lake District. Surrounded by stunning countryside with beautiful scenery & walking opportunities all year round. Located on an award winning holiday park with shared indoor swimming pool. As an added bonus, there is a private hot tub on the terrace of this lovely holiday accommodation.
- The small village of Troutbeck Bridge lies between the famous towns of Windermere and Ambleside, close to the renowned Kirkstone Pass.The quiet village offers a fabulous leisure centre & a popular local pub serving real ales and fine food. The popular towns of Windermere & Ambleside are near by providing a range of amenities including shops, pubs & cafes. The nearby Lake Windermere boasts a range of lakeside activities, including trips to the famous Aquarium and the renowned Grizedale Forest Park, whilst children will enjoy the World of Beatrix Potter in nearby Bowness, where technology brings her characters to life. With destinations such as Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, Troutbeck Bridge is an ideal location for exploring all that the region has to offer.
- Click here for more information and to make an online booking at Thirlemere Lodge with private hot tub near Windermere in the Lake District with our partners, Sykes Cottages - the UK's leading independent holiday cottage rental agency
- This superb, detached holiday lodge on the shores of Lake Windermere has 1 en-suite double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom & a further bathroom, sleeping 4 people comfortably. There is a stylish open plan living area with well equipped kitchen including fridge/freezer & dishwasher, dining area & sitting area with electric fire, TV with Freeview & DVD player. French doors lead onto a deck area with private hot tub for added luxury holiday accommodation. Plus there is a rooftop terrace that offers fantastic views across the lake & towards the mountains of the Lake District. WiFi internet access is also available. Two well behaved pets are welcome but sorry, no smoking inside.
- Onsite there are a number of activities and amenities, including an indoor heated swimming pool, a shop, a bar, a restaurant with takeaway menu, an outdoor play park, a multi-use games area, as well as a marina, which has one of the best boat launching facilities on Lake Windermere. Note: Use of leisure facilities available at a charge per stay - family pass £30, adult £10, children 5-16 £5, children under 5 free
- There is one article from our holiday blog that you might find useful as it holds lots of information about where to visit & what to do in Cumbria & the Lake District on holiday - Family holidays in the Lake District How much do you know about the Lake District? The Visitor Centre in Brockhole? Beatrix Potter, Postman Pat & Thomas the Tank Engine? Coniston Boating Centre, Lake Windermere? The list goes on in one of the most picturesque parts of the UK & as an added bonus, Cumbria offers great value for family holidays in the UK. Published 12 September 2014.
- Please send us a review of this holiday accommodation at Lake Windermere by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- White Cross Bay Leisure Park is ideal for families, couples old and young or singles. The accommodation, on site facilities and amenities are up to date and can be enjoyed by young and old. The Park is conveniently situated between Windermere and Ambleside and is value for money, has a well maintained Park with a relaxed atmosphere. These are just a few of the reasons why we keep going back for that well deserved break at White Cross Bay Leisure Park
- A great location from which to explore the Lake District, a peaceful site with well kept and clean facilities. We would come again without hesitation
- Had a fabulous time, the on-site facilities were great, we booked to have a chilled relaxing time and not stressing about finding places to eat or driving too far out for essentials, everything was provided for and more. Staff were great, very helium and cheery, definitely recommend to others, we are currently expecting our first child and have already said that we will bring our little one here again for a holiday, so see you soon! :)
Holiday Lodge Accommodation Summary (EN261) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 4 or 8 each
2 or 4
1 or 5
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Sorry, no direct line. Please book online if possible to help keep RFH running, thank you.|