Select a Property
Select a Region
Find a Holiday
Find a Holiday
Thirlmere Lodge, White Cross Bay, Lake Windermere, Lake District
- 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom pet friendly holiday lodge accommodation situated in a stunning location in Troutbeck Bridge village, between the well known tourist destinations of Windermere and Ambleside in the Lake District. Surrounded by stunning countryside with beautiful scenery & walking opportunities all year round. Located on an award winning holiday park with shared indoor swimming pool. As an added bonus, there is a private hot tub on the terrace of this lovely holiday accommodation.
- The small village of Troutbeck Bridge lies between the famous towns of Windermere and Ambleside, close to the renowned Kirkstone Pass.The quiet village offers a fabulous leisure centre & a popular local pub serving real ales and fine food. The popular towns of Windermere & Ambleside are near by providing a range of amenities including shops, pubs & cafes. The nearby Lake Windermere boasts a range of lakeside activities, including trips to the famous Aquarium and the renowned Grizedale Forest Park, whilst children will enjoy the World of Beatrix Potter in nearby Bowness, where technology brings her characters to life. With destinations such as Coniston Water, Kendal, Keswick and the Lakeland Mountains all within easy reach, Troutbeck Bridge is an ideal location for exploring all that the region has to offer.
- Click here for more information and to make an online booking at Thirlemere Lodge with private hot tub near Windermere in the Lake District with our partners, Sykes Cottages - the UK's leading independent holiday cottage rental agency
- This superb, detached holiday lodge on the shores of Lake Windermere has 1 en-suite double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom & a further bathroom, sleeping 4 people comfortably. There is a stylish open plan living area with well equipped kitchen including fridge/freezer & dishwasher, dining area & sitting area with electric fire, TV with Freeview & DVD player. French doors lead onto a deck area with private hot tub for added luxury holiday accommodation. Plus there is a rooftop terrace that offers fantastic views across the lake & towards the mountains of the Lake District. WiFi internet access is also available. Two well behaved pets are welcome but sorry, no smoking inside.
- Onsite there are a number of activities and amenities, including an indoor heated swimming pool, a shop, a bar, a restaurant with takeaway menu, an outdoor play park, a multi-use games area, as well as a marina, which has one of the best boat launching facilities on Lake Windermere. Note: Use of leisure facilities available at a charge per stay - family pass £30, adult £10, children 5-16 £5, children under 5 free
- Long sandy beaches and rugged sea cliffs, slodgeling lakes and breathtaking mountain views – discover the delights of the landscape that inspired some of England’s greatest writers when you stay at one of our holiday lodges in Cumbria and the Lakes. And whether you’re looking for a fun-filled family break or just to get away from it all, you’ll find the perfect holiday right here. Amidst the high hills and stunning scenery of the Lake District National Park you can enjoy a fantastic range of activities from extreme sports to relaxing walks, while all along the coast, as well as on the majestic lakes themselves, you’ll find centres for water sports of all kinds. For something completely different, why not try a llama trek – just one of many attractions within easy reach of our holiday lodges in Cumbria and the Lakes.
- While you’ll find traditional seaside entertainments in charming coastal towns and villages, there are great days out inland too. Take a ride on the Ravenglass narrow gauge railway, and the award winning attractions at Muncaster Castle are truly a must see. Be sure to visit Dove Cottage and the Wordsworth Museum in Grasmere as well as Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top farmhouse near Sawrey. And a scenic cruise on an old fashioned steamer on Lake Windermere could be a highlight of lodge holidays in Cumbria and the Lakes.
- Please send us a review of this holiday accommodation at Lake Windermere by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- White Cross Bay Leisure Park is ideal for families, couples old and young or singles. The accommodation, on site facilities and amenities are up to date and can be enjoyed by young and old. The Park is conveniently situated between Windermere and Ambleside and is value for money, has a well maintained Park with a relaxed atmosphere. These are just a few of the reasons why we keep going back for that well deserved break at White Cross Bay Leisure Park
- A great location from which to explore the Lake District, a peaceful site with well kept and clean facilities. We would come again without hesitation
- Had a fabulous time, the on-site facilities were great, we booked to have a chilled relaxing time and not stressing about finding places to eat or driving too far out for essentials, everything was provided for and more. Staff were great, very helium and cheery, definitely recommend to others, we are currently expecting our first child and have already said that we will bring our little one here again for a holiday, so see you soon! :)