northumberland holiday cottages, parks & lodges in north east england
- North East England covers Northumberland, Durham, Tyne & Wear and Cleveland - click here to go to Yorkshire Holiday Cottages page. The stunning Northumberland Coast and the City of Durham with its Cathedral are a popular holiday destination, the accommodation and attractions are very family friendly.
- Northumberland holiday cottages in North East England - you are spoilt for choice on what you can do on your holiday. The market town of Alnwick is where Harry Potter scenes were filmed & Alnwick Castle is now world famous as Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. Just its name is enough to get the kids to visit and it is particularly well preserved & the famous Alnwick Water Gardens are great to explore and maybe you can even take afternoon tea at the Treehouse! Also try & make time to visit Berwick with its magnificent town walls built in the time of Queen Elizabeth I to protect England from the rampaging Scots! Across the causeway from Berwick is Holy Island, where you can see the Lindisfarne Gospels or the bird & sea life. Finally, I enjoyed visiting Hadrian's Wall as a child - it was built by the Romans & although it is now almost 2000 years old, it is still standing!
- Cycling is popular in Northumberland and the national cycle route (no 68) meanders up the Breamish Valley into Northumberland national Park. There are also plenty of indoor soft play centres such as The Lions Den for wet days, and another in Amble - Castle Mania. And of course, the county is dotted with plenty of indoor swimming pools if you are not lucky enough to have one with your holiday cottage. The dramatic coastline of Northumberland is a wonderful place to visit - walk the clifftop paths or enjoy the sweeping sands & rock pools on the coast. Water sports enthusiasts can also head inland to the vast expanses of Kielder Water.
- Below is a summary of the Northumberland holiday cottages we feature in North East England - many have family friendly facilities such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too! To find your family holidays in Northumberland & North East England just click on the accommodation name for further details, or use the interactive map below by clicking on the markers.
- If you have any other places to recommend in Northumberland & North East England then please click on "Make a Holiday Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own cottage as a family holiday destination then please click on "Advertise my holiday cottage on Recommended Family Holidays".
|Northumberland Cottage, Branton, near Alnwick||26||5||3 beds||1||Rural||YY||YYY||NY||YN||YY||YN||£425- £550/wk||From £255 for 3 nights off peak.|
|Kielder Water Holiday Lodges, Northumberland||2-3 beds||Rural Lake||NY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£436-1,329/wk||Wheelchair friendly, indoor pool, activities|
|Dene House Cottage, Longframlington, Northumberland||2 beds||1||Rural||NY||YYY||YY||YN||YN||YN||from £342/wk||Indoor pool, wheelchair friendly, cafe|
|Derwent Manor Cottages, Allensford, Northumberland||1-3 beds||7||Rural||NY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YN||from £253/wk||Indoor pool, spa & restaurant|
map of holiday accommodation in northumberland
View Northumberland Holiday Cottages in a larger map