derwent manor holiday cottages, allensford, northumberland
- Overlooking 20 acres of grounds surrounding one of Northumberland’s premier hotels are these comfortable pet friendly holiday cottages. The spacious grounds with far reaching views offer plenty of space for relaxation and are the perfect setting for family celebrations. Visitors also enjoy use of the hotel’s leisure club and acclaimed restaurant and bar which offers a range of facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and spa pool.
- Oak or Sycamore Holiday Cottage (3 bedrooms, sleeps 6): Entrance to comfortable sitting/dining room. Fitted kitchen. Double bedroom. Twin bedded room. Shower room/WC. First floor: Double bedroom with ensuite shower room/WC. Pet friendly
- Rowan Holiday Cottage (3 bedrooms, sleeps 6): Entrance hall. Comfortable sitting room with elec ‘wood burner effect' stove. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Shower room/WC. First floor: Two double bedrooms. Twin bedded room.
- Willow Holiday Cottage (2 bedrooms, sleeps 4): A single storey cottage. Entrance to sitting/dining room with electric fire. Fitted kitchen. Double bedroom. Twin bedded room. Shower room/WC. Pet friendly
- Elm & Chestnut Holiday Cottage (1 bedroom, sleeps 2): A shared entrance hall leads to this comfortable ground floor apartment. Entrance to sitting/dining room with electric fire. Small kitchen. Double bedroom with ensuite shower room/WC. Pet friendly
- These pet friendly holiday cottages are ideally located for exploring the county’s many attractions, Durham’s magnificent cathedral and Newcastle’s Metro Centre and Blinking Eye Millennium bridge are all about 15 miles away whilst set amid the breathtaking scenery of the Border country is the famous 2,000 year old boundary (and designated World Heritage site) of Hadrian’s Wall. Within easy driving distance are the award winning Beamish Open Air Museum, Hexham, a historic town with a Saxon abbey and ancient marketplace; the market town of Barnard Castle with its 12th century castle; and medieval Raby Castle with its 200 acre deer park.
- Northumberland in Northern England includes some of the highest, wildest and most beautiful scenery in England – an absolute delight for bird watchers, walkers and cyclists (cycle hire is available locally). Nearby, Hamsterley Forest provides miles of lovely forest and riverside walks, and, adjacent to one of the most attractive sections of the Pennine Way, woodland walks lead to High Force, England’s largest waterfall. The uncrowded roads provide superb touring, and Kielder Forest, the Scottish borders, the Northumbrian coast and the Lake District are all easily accessible. Horse riding is available locally, Derwent Reservoir offers both coarse and fly fishing close by and golf can be enjoyed at Slaley Hall, 8 miles.The nearest shops can be found in the village of Castleside 1.5 miles.
- Please send us a review of this pet friendly holiday cottage in Northumberland by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- Beautiful complex with fantastic views across surrounding countryside.
- A great area for walking and the hotel facilities were great especially the pool.
- The best of both worlds. Lovely comfortable cottage with large bedrooms and very comfortable beds. Cosy lounge with comfortable sofa and 2 chairs. Independance of self catering but with full use of the lovely hotel facilities including the lovely warm and comfortable lounge and bar.
- We had a vary good holiday, the cottage was far better than we had expected.We have already recommended it to some friends. The location is so good there is such a lot to visit in the area & is suitable for all ages. The swimming pool was a bonus & made a good ending to each day out.
- The staff in the hotel were extremely helpful and the accommodation was ideally situated for us to explore the North East. Considering how difficult it is to find accommodation that is 'dog friendly' we all felt that the cottage was perfect for our requirements and enjoyed our stay tremendously!
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN249) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
1 or 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|