Self catering at The Herring Queen, Eyemouth Harbour, South of Scotland
(click here for map)
Holiday Accommodation Summary (SC039)
This self cateringtwo bedroom water-front holiday home apartment with glorious views of Eyemouth harbour from every room. If you are looking for a self catering holiday home with glorious views, modern facilities from flat screen LCD TVs with HD Sky full movie packs, WiFi, to latte machines then you have found the perfect place! The holiday home offers all of the above and more... A listed Georgian apartment within a conservation areas, it has been carefully upgraded to maintain its lovely original features while introducing modern day essentials such as a kitchen with all mod cons, and stunning bathrooms complete with power showers and a separate bath. With its white walls showcasing local artwork, high ceilings, large windows, stripped pine floors and elegant comfortable furniture, it is a truly exceptional holiday property. Situated right on the harbour there are stunning views of the fishing boats from one fo the last working harbours in Scotland.
Eyemouth is a smashing wee fishing village with its Georgian mansions and alleys and wynds as a backdrop against the promenade. The beach is simply superb, with golden sands and rock pools. Cliffs on one side and the harbour on the other, it is sheltered from the North Sea wind (although the sea takes some bravery to swim in!). All of this with the City of Edinburgh only 40 minutes away and the rolling hills and fields of the Borders surrounding you provides you with an ideal holiday location.
This self catering Eyemouth Harbour Holiday Home is just ideal for families with the unspoilt beach minutes away and a cupboard stuffed with beach toys and fishing gear to explore those wonderful rock pools full of shrimp, starfish and crabs. For the children there are board games, books, magazines, PS 2 with games, SKY, DVDs all in the apartment. The apartment can sleep up to 8 if required and features include:
Outside there is a private parking space, all close to the harbour, beach and fabulous award winning restaurants and pubs within a 5 minute walk. Famous for its smuggling past, Gunsgreen House is just across the Eyemouth harbour from the apartment.
Please note that if you book this accommodation, make sure you have a key code before you set off!
- 21 feet plus by 12 feet kitchen/dining room, equipped with washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, latte/expresso machine, TV with SKY
- Lounge with high ceilings, leather sofas, large LCD television with SKY Full HD movie package from SKY, DVD player with a wide selections of DVDs, books and games, IPOD docking station, ps2 with lots of games including singstar!! Real coal gas fire with marble fireplace and Wifi
- Bathroom with large bath and remote controlled jacuzzi bath available(please advise on booking if you wish to use this) and large separate power shower with wet room walls
- Cupboard containing beach games, buckets and spades, fishing equipment; Deck chairs, sunloungers, wind breaks; Cool boxes, picnic boxes; Cot, high chair, baby carrier, safety gate
- Master bedroom with four poster bed with memory fom mattress, chaise longe (easily converted to a single bed); flat screen TV with Sky, WiFi; Luxury linens and towels
- Second bedcroom with 2 single beds with trundle beds underneath;>
- Luxury linens and towels; 180 degree habour views from windows; Television with DVD player and PS2 (games and DVDs there too!)