A 3 bedroom self catering holiday cottage in Northumberland
A cosy lounge with wood burning stove: enjoy your visit all year
The self catering cottage has a fully equipped kitchen
One of the 3 bedrooms - the cottage sleeps up to 6 guests
A perfect twin bedroom if you want to holiday with the children
Courtyard garden - the cottage is also pet friendly
Nearby Holy Island, a magical place to visit
northumberland holiday cottage in branton, near alnwick
- Northumberland Cottage is now re opened after some upgrading and complete redecoration. We now have instant central heating and hot water but still with wood burning stove for added warmth and atmosphere. We have a newly fitted bathroom with bath and shower and new cabin beds in the second bedroom.
- Situated on a national cycle route (no 68) which meanders up the Breamish Valley into Northumberland National Park, this luxury 3-bedroom stone-built former farm cottage is set in idyllic walking and cycling country, a mile from a village pub, half a mile from the River Breamish, and only 10 miles from Alnwick. The property is beautifully refurbished, and furnished with charming antique pieces sourced from nearby Cheviot Antiques. It has an Inglenook fireplace with log burning stove, Jerusalem Stone floored kitchen, sash windows, quality antique pine furniture and luxurious bedding and linen.
- Whether you are dedicated ramblers, professionals escaping the rat-race, or parents with babies, toddlers, tweenies or teenagers, Northumberland Cottage is the perfect choice for a holiday in the countryside. Catering for those of you with twins is no problem! It's different from the rental properties you will find elsewhere: children and dogs are welcome, and we go the extra mile to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable by providing:
- bicycles of various sizes, including a trailer-bike and a child seat.
- flat screen digital TV and DVD player
- CD/digital radio mini system and a wide range of CDs
- toys and games for all ages
- walking essentials, e.g. maps, flasks, rucksacks, binoculars etc.
- well equipped kitchen with dishwasher and microwave
- fresh milk and bread
- a first meal of pasta and tomato/basil sauce, for you to cook when you arrive
- store cupboard essentials, e.g. tea, coffee, sugar, olive oil, ketchup etc.
- high quality bedding and towels, dressing gowns etc
- long cast iron bath, towels and dressing gowns
- firewood for the wood-burning stove
- travel cot, high-chair, rocker seat, umbrella buggy, fireguard, toilet step and potty - we can double up several of these items if you have twins, so just ask when you book
- dog bowl, bed and towels
- One dog over the age of 12 months is permitted, as long as it is fully house trained, remains downstairs at all times, and is not likely to damage the property in any way. Please note that smoking is not permitted in the cottage at any time. No other pets are permitted.
- Click here to check availability of Northumberland Holiday Cottage
- Please send us a review of this holiday cottage by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 26 family holiday recommendations, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating: 5 out of 5
- The location is perfect for exploring and the cottage is just lovely, with careful thought gone into what people need on holiday. Rating 5 out of 5, Helen, posted Oct 2015.
- This gorgeous holiday cottage is very well equipped. And on the best things is that it only has two tariffs a year which is very welcome when you have school age children and are bound by school holidays! Rating 5 out of 5, the Terry family, posted Oct 2015.
- This was our second visit and was even more enjoyable than the two weeks in the summer of 2014. We were there the first tow weeks in August and were once again very well looked after by Laura, from the time of booking, through our arrival and the whole time there. The cottage remains very well appointed, and is idea for our two year old twin boys. It is well positioned to visit a whole variety of places, the coast, English Heritage castles, Alnwick Garden, Kielder Water, Hadrian's Wall, the Breamish Valley being just some of the places we visited. No doubt we will return again! Rating 5 out of 5, the Askew-Harlock family, received Sept 2015.
- Laura is so friendly via email and on meeting and the cottage is beautifully clean, warm, cosy and well equipped - didn't need to bring toys & games. There was also a lovely food hamper with tea and coffee provided for when we arrived. Its in a great location for visiting so many places on holiday. Rating 5 out of 5, the Oakley family, received Mar 2015.
- The cottage has absolutely everything you need for a wonderful holiday. Its in a good position to explore and is extremely peaceful. Great owners available but discrete - very kind and helpful. Rating 5 out of 5, Zoe, received Mar 2015.
- The most comfortable and well provisioned holiday cottage we have ever stayed in. Highly recommended. Rating 5 out of 5, Jon, received May 2015.
- I would highly recommend this lovely holiday cottage in Northumberland because it is quiet, comfortable, well-equipped and in a superb location. Rating 5 out of 5, K Jones, received Sept 2014.
- We are a family of 4, Mum, Dad, and, when we stayed (last week in July and the first week in August),13 month old twin boys. Laura, the owner, could not have been more helpful before we arrived and whilst we stayed. The cottage is well appointed and comfortable, and excellently equipped, in particular for twins - 2 high chairs, 2 cots, steriliser etc. It is beautifully quiet. We had a great 2 weeks there and as well as having days locally, the Breamish Valley for example was a real find, we used it as a very convenient base for Alnwick (15 minutes), the coast (40 mins), Newcastle (60 mins) and Kielder Water (60Mins)> we are already planning our next holiday there during 2015.Rating 5 out of 5, The Askew Family, July 2014.
- I would highly recommend this cottage as it is so lovely, homely and well provisioned. It is fantastic for families with lots of toys, books, bikes etc. to keep children entertained. The owner is very helpful and there is lots of useful information provided. The welcome hamper was really nice and thoughtful. Rating 5 out of 5, Keira, posted May 2014.
- A very comfortable and cosy cottage that is well equipped with so many little things included that makes life relaxing from arriving. Rating 5 out of 5, AKB, posted Apr 2014.
- We would recommend this cottage as it is easy to get to and close to the coast, Alnwick and the Cheviots. I have never seen a holiday home so well equipped before now including a gorgeous Belfast sink! The cottage is just lovely and is both pet friendly and family friendly. I shall certainly be letting my workmates know about Northumberland Cottage. Rating 5 out of 5, Jonathan & Denise, posted Apr 2014.
- I would recommend this cottage because it is very comfortable and in a fantastic location. Rating 5 out of 5, PC, posted Apr 2014.
- a lovely holiday house in a great location with lots of extras to make the holiday much easier for us. Rating 5 out of 5, Fiona, posted Apr 2014.
- This stunning cottage has everything you could possibly need and is a fantastic yet peaceful location. Perfection. Rating 5 out of 5, Karen, posted Apr 2014.
- Excellent facilities for both adults and children. Perfect, safe surroundings for out 19 month old boy with travel cot & highchair provided and lots of fun toys and books for him to play with inside & out. Rating 5 out of 5, Daniela, posted Sep 2013.
- The property is perfectly situated to access different areas of Northumberland. Inside, its gorgeous, so homely. The toys/ride on toys have been such a hit with out daughter (2). Nothing has been too much trouble and we can't wait to come back. Rating 5 out of 5, Ali, posted Aug 2013.
- The cottage is really well equipped. Lots of useful "extras" which you don't tend to get usually but make all the difference (pushchair, baby carrier, bikes, toys, laundry detergent etc). And the cottage is full of little touches which make staying here very nice. Rating 5 out of 5, Eleanor & Ben, posted Aug 2013.
- The range of quality of equipment for very small children was excellent, the only thing I needed to bring was a buggy! Fantastic for families with toddlers or babies. We loved the ideas of things to to nearby in the cottage that were suitable for all ages - perfect! The location is excellent - a lovely small, quiet village to relax but close enough to reach many attractions & the seaside. Rating 5 out of 5, Catriona, posted Aug 2013.
- The cottage is beautifully decorated & equipped. Our 2 children (4 and 22 months) have totally switched onto the home from home feel this place has. The quantity & quality of toys, books & beach toys was a definite hit for us and them. Laura is a lovely person to deal with & the quality of the welcome pack/provisions only goes to show what a thoughtful holiday home she provides. Rated 5 (well, 10 actually!) out of 5, Becky, posted Jul 2013.
- The cottage has everything you need, makes packing so much easier! It's cosy, lovely & homely - fell like we're staying with friends. The setting is gorgeous. Rating 5 out of 5, Jen, posted Jul 2013.
- Very comfortable, cosy & beautifully furnished. Rated 5 out of 5, Judith, posted Jul 2013.
- Beautifully presented, clean, well equipped, luxury cottage. Everything has been thought through from furnishings to kitchen equipment to first aid kit. Easily suitable for children, whilst being perfectly relaxing for adults. Definitely rated 5 out of 5, Kathryn, received Jul 2012.
- Well equipped for families needs. A great base to visit all of Northumberland. Child friendly including teens to toddlers & babies. Clean & well presented. Comfortable. Rating 5 out of 5, Shelagh, received Jul 2012.
- Very comfortable and homely property. Everything has been thought of - the welcome pack & all the extras make a difference. Rating 5 out of 5, Judith, received Jul 2012.
- It's got everything you need for a family holiday right down to pushchairs, buckets & spades etc. The cottage is beautiful with lots of personal little touches and Laura is so welcoming & helpful. Rating 5 out of 5, Alan, received Apr 2012.
- The holiday cottage is highly recommended: very well equipped; warm & comfortable; beautifully furnished; quiet location & it is dog friendly. Rating 5 out of 5, Lynne, received Apr 2012.
- "I just wanted to email and say a big thank you, we had a brilliant time at Northumberland Cottage. After searching for hours over a period of a few weeks, I was thrilled when I found your site. I was so looking forward to our week there and it really exceeded my expectations. It is a wonderful cottage, M and I both commented how at home we felt, which made the last week of our holiday so relaxing and a real pleasure. I saw that lots of people commented on how friendly and helpful you'd been, and that's been my experience too, when you called to say where I could find the dressing gowns, I thought it wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have them, but it was "little" things like that that made our week so special. It really does make things more relaxing to have a dressing gown, not to mention hand and body cream, wonderful books, bubble bath, a digital radio and a very generous welcome pack, thank you. And thank you for all the information about the cottage and area and the tip about the home cooked food at the local Londis! It really shows that you spend time enjoying the property as absolutely everything you need, and lots more, is there and to hand. My girls loved their rooms, all the toys and the ride on toys (in the garden and bedroom), the Mr Men dvd, the little animal cups and colourful plastic plates and cups... the list goes on, we had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, fantastic weather in amazing surroundings and your cottage made it all even more special." JJ Whittlesey, Peterborough
- "I just wanted to write and thank you for making our stay at the cottage so wonderful. From the welcome pack to the furnishings and children's toys, it really was the perfect place to stay, you have thought of everything. We loved exploring the local area on the bikes, Livvie learnt to ride on the little red bike, so that had to be taken everywhere with us!! And the log burner was a real treat. Thank you again, I hope you will let us come back...will be finding out when October half term is when I take the children to school tomorrow!! " KH, Sale Cheshire
- "This has been a magical stay for us, very relaxing and comfortable. Felt like a home from home. Our only disappointment was that we only had half a week. We hope to return and will recommend the cottage to friends." Family S.Melton Mowbray
- " We've had another wonderful break at this gorgeous cottage. Thank you Anna for the perfect welcoming 'pack' -so thoughtful. Can't wait to come back" Family N. High Peak Derbyshire
- "...Travelling with an 18 month old is never easy but coming here was relatively stress free. Having toys and nursery equipment to use has made the weekend relaxing for mum and dad....one more lovely evening of a roaring fire, glass of wine....ahh! we'll miss this place!" Family L. Monkseaton Tyne and Wear
- "A wonderful holiday here -wish we could have stayed longer than a week! Lovely cottage and surrounding area. Hope everyone has as lovely a time as we have." Family G Nottinghamshire
- "Thank you, you've made our stay here really lovely. The duvets and sheets were heavenly, the bikes brilliant... all the little things made all the difference. You have struck just the right balance here. The house and furnishings are lovely... the log burner is great... we're very much impressed with the care you have taken to make us feel welcome" Mr and Mrs Hancock plus J (10 years old)
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN104) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 6
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Laura on 01665 578319, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of these holiday cottages.