dene house farm holiday cottage, longframlington, northumberland
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN250) (click here for map)
up to 4
- Set in the peaceful heart of Northumberland, this wheelchair friendly holiday cottage (just one of six in a group) is wonderfully comfortable and cosy with an open fire, perfect whatever the weather. Located between the beautiful National Park and the Heritage Coast, the cottage has fine country views and offers an ideal year-round holiday base. Dene House Farm’s facilities include free use of a heated indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, archery and tennis, well equipped gym & classes, holistic and beauty treatments, licensed coffee bar.
- Poppy Holiday Cottage (2 bedrooms, sleeps 4): Hall. Open plan sitting room with open fire, kitchen and dining areas. Double bedroom with additional single (for alternative sleeping). Twin bedded room. Shower room/WC. Wheelchair accessible holiday cottage. Click here to go directly to this cottage
What to do whilst on your holiday in Northumberland:
- The market town of Alnwick with its acclaimed castle and gardens is just 10 miles away and it is just a 20-minute drive to Northumberland’s coastline with its beautiful beaches, historic castles and charming fishing villages. The pretty town of Rothbury and Cragside House (NT) are worth a visit and the cosmopolitan city of Newcastle-upon-Tyne with its fine architecture and superb shopping is just 30 minutes’ drive. A 1-mile stroll leads to an award-winning grocery store and butcher, pubs and restaurants in Longframlington village.
- The peaceful landscapes of the Northumberland National Park and the Cheviot Hills are a paradise for nature lovers. There are also some fantastic cliff paths and quiet beaches to explore on the coast. And there's Kielder Water, England's largest man-made lake. Set in beautiful countryside, this is a magnet for watersports enthusiasts of all kinds.
- There is a chain of massive castles on the coast waiting for you to discover on one of our Northumberland cottage holidays. Alnwick Castle, dubbed the "Windsor of the North" boasts an impressive renaissance interior containing a wonderful art collection, as well as stunning gardens. The castle at Warkworth is also very well-preserved, while Bamburgh Castle, the seat of the old Kings of Northumbria, has a fantastic location right on the seashore. Don't miss a trip to Lindisfarne, birthplace of English Christianity, or to Hadrian's Wall, which runs through the county. And for great shopping and nightlife, and a unique atmosphere, head to Newcastle.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this holiday cottages in Northumberland by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Reviews from the Hoseasons website
- This was a very relaxing place and also the facilities were outstanding. The accommodation was also outstanding. There is nothing bad to say. The 9 hole pitch and putt was great, the owners were very nice and helpful. It is an all round fantastic place to spend your summer holidays.
- Wonderful veiws and walks. Brillant lesuire center and only feet away from the cottage. We had a disabled young lady with us and the facilities were great. I would highly recommend this holiday to anyone and hope to go back at the end of the year, with my family and friends.
- We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. The accommodation was excellent and well appointed and the owners were very helpful and knowledgeable about the surrounding area and facilities at the farm. The indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room were an added bonus, as was use of the 9 hole pitch and putt which kept us all occupied when we weren't out sightseeing. The location is well placed for all of the main attractions in that area, in fact there was so much to do that we will have to make another visit in the next couple of years.
- It was in a stunning setting. Warm, clean and peaceful. Very helpful on site owners. Facilities were wonderful, pool, gym, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, tennis, archery, golf, woodland walks. Can highly recommend this place. In fact have done so to my daughters.