peak district holiday cottages, lodges & parks - derbyshire
- The East Midlands is my neck of the woods so Peak District holiday cottages are never far away from us for a lovely short break with my family whatever the time of year. This region covers the counties of Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire and Northamptonshire - if you are looking for Lincolnshire, then please go to the East of England page..
- Whether it's adventure and action at Alton Towers, rock climbing on the stunning cliffs and crags, getting dirty on a mountain bike which can be hired locally, private family cycling on Tissington Trail or just a good long walk around Dovedale, the Manifold trail, to name but a few, it's all here in the Derbyshire and Staffordshire Peak District. Or maybe you're after a more relaxing time, a stroll around the excellent Blackbrook Zoological or why not go and visit the magnificent Chatsworth House with its adventure playground or browse around the market towns of Leek with all it's antique shops and warehouses, Ashbourne, Buxton & Bakewell. Take a trip down memory lane on the Churnet Valley Steam Railway or visit the place that inspired Rudyard Kipling's parents.
- For the thrill seekers on holiday in the Peak District there is Gullivers Kingdom Theme Park (under 14s) in Matlock, Heights of Abraham Caves with cable cars and play parks, Waterworld at Stoke, Go Ape hire wire tree climbing (10+ years) or of course, the popular theme park of Alton Towers. Or just get some of the fantastic local foods and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the self catering holiday cottage and all the wildlife that comes to visit.
- Below is a summary of the Peak District holiday cottages & accommodation - many have family friendly facilities such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too! To find your family holidays in the Peak District & East Midlands just click on the accommodation name for further details, or use the interactive map below by clicking on the markers.
- If you have any other places to recommend in the Peak District & East Midlands then please click on "Make a Holiday Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own property as a family holiday destination then please click on "List my holiday cottage on Recommended Family Holidays".
|Darwin Forest Lodges, Matlock, Derbyshire Peak District||4||5||1-4 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YN||YN||YY||YY||£309-665/wk||Short breaks, indoor play, hot tubs|
|Hall Farm, Wetton, Derbyshire Peak District||3||4.7||2 beds||2||Rural Village||NY||YYY||NN||YN||NN||YY||£205- £540/wk||Pub serving food in village. Alton Towers 20 mins|
|West View Cottage, Upper Hackney, near Matlock, Derbyshire Peak District||2 beds||Village||YY||YYY||NY||YN||NY||YN||from £373/wk||Short breaks|
|Quarry Walk Lodges, Cheadle, Staffordshire Peak District||1-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||NN||YN||NY||YY||£419-1,019/wk||Short breaks, disabled friendly, hot tubs|
|Sandybrook Holiday Lodges, Ashbourne, Derbyshire Peak District||1-4 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YN||YN||YY||YY||£279-619/wk||Short breaks, hot tubs|
|Charlesworth Lodges, Derbyshire Peak District||1-2 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||NN||YN||NN||YN||£469-819/wk||Short breaks, hot tubs|
|Swainswood Leisure Park, Ashby de la Zouch, Derbyshire||2-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||NY||YN||YY||YN||£289-779/wk||Short breaks, hot tubs, disabled friendly|
map of holiday accommodation in the peak district
View Peak District holiday cottages in a larger map