swainswood leisure park & spa, overseal, near alton towers, derbyshire
- A delightful setting in the heart of the English National Park, this small, exclusive collection of luxury lodges and holiday homes is an ideal choice for families and those wishing for a romantic break. A superb base for exploring the local area including, the famous race track & museum at Castle Donington, Drayton Manor, the thrilling rides of Alton Towers, Conkers Craft and Visitor Centre with its amphitheatre where shows range from Shakespeare’s plays to live bands, the Snowdome ski slope with real snow & Belfry golf courses nearby. Wonderful countryside walks, cycling, fishing, wildlife-watching and a host of outdoor pursuits are all available in the area, or relax and pamper yourself at our spa with private outdoor hot tub.
- Facilities onsite include: Beauty and Therapeutic salon offering bespoke treatments* with private outdoor hot tub; Takeaway service, Babysitting*; Car Valet Service*; Chauffered limousine for hire*; Daily maid service*; Wi-Fi access*
- All self catering holiday accommodation in Derbyshire near Alton Towers includes: An exclusive collection of two bedroom luxury lodges or two bedroom holiday homes, perfect for romantic holidays, special occasions and family breaks at any time of the year.
- Outdoor hot tub
- Flat screen TV with selected Freeview channels/DVD/CD
- Kitchen including microwave, washer/dryer (except in Woodland View and Oak Lodge), dishwasher and fridge/freezer
- Bath and shower
- Bed linen, duvets and towels
- Beds made up for your arrival
- Verandah with garden furniture
- Double glazed and centrally heated
- Gas and electricity included
- Babies must be included in party total
- Travel cots and highchairs £10pw each
- No pets
- All non smoking accommodation
- Willow Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Exclusive and luxury lodge with one double with ensuite shower and one twin. Bath with overhead shower. Outdoor hot tub. Also Ash Lodge.
- Oak Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): 12ft-wide timber clad holiday home. One double with ensuite WC and one twin with childsize beds. Shower. Outdoor hot tub.
- Woodland View Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Exclusive 12ft-wide timber clad holiday home. One double with ensuite shower and/or WC and one twin. Bath with overhead shower or shower. Timber deck with outdoor hot tub facing into the woodland. Also Woodland View 2 Lodge & Woodland View Executive Lodge (one with jacuzzi bath).
- Woodland Leisure Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Exclusive and spacious luxury lodge with one double and one twin. Shower. Ramp access. Timber deck with outdoor hot tub. Suitable for parties including partially disabled visitors - please check when booking.
- Woodland Ultimate Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms): Unique, luxurious and spacious lodge. One double with ensuite shower and one twin. Flat screen TV in bedrooms. Separate bathroom with overhead shower. Use of fluffy bath robes. Large timber decking area with outdoor hot tub. Adults only.
- Woodland Ultimate Plus Holiday Lodge Accommodation (sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms): Unique, luxurious and spacious lodge. One double with ensuite shower. One twin and one single. Flat screen TV in bedrooms. Separate bathroom. Use of fluffy bathrobes. Large decking area with outdoor hot tub.
- Spectacularly lovely countryside, fascinating industrial heritage, stately homes, top family attractions and huge variety of exciting leisure activities – discover all this and more when you stay at one of our holiday lodges in Derbyshire. For many, the Peak District in the north of the county is the greatest draw, but you'll find other wonderful attractions within easy reach of our holiday lodges. Derbyshire's lovely landscape is the setting for some of England's finest historic buildings – magnificent Chatsworth House and Gardens, evocative Calke Abbey and the Robert Adam interiors at Kedleston Hall are all ‘must sees' as is the site of Britain's first factory, still home to Royal Crown Derby Porcelain. The famous racetrack and museum at Castle Donnington are also firm favourites with many visitors who enjoy lodge holidays in Derbyshire.
- Head to the city of Derby for excellent shopping and the macabre thrill of a tour of the old dungeons at Derby Gaol, and at Chesterfield, a town famous for its crooked spire, you'll find a truly superb flea market – well worth a visit when you enjoy a break at one our holiday lodges in Derbyshire.
- Please send us a review of this accommodation near Alton Towers by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- >We had a great time, the kids loved the outdoor hot tub, and the lodges were right up to date with all extras, washer/dryer, dishwasher, LCD TV, ensuite and lots more. The lodge was very clean, we had no issues at all, and special thanks to the staff who checked on us to make sure we were happy and were round each morning to check the hot tub. My son left his mobile and the staff quickly got it found and sent it on to use - we could not ask for more, brilliant!
- Beautifully kept peaceful park, attentive friendly staff, modern well equipped lodge plus FABULOUS hot tub, and so much to do in the surrounding area - all adds up to make Swainswood a wonderful place to take a break!
- Lovely park in a beautiful location. The lodge was fantastic, with everything we needed for a relaxing break - we would definitely recommend Swainswood Park.
Holiday Accommodation Summary (EN234) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 5 each
2 or 3
1 or 2
|Click to visit partner's website for more information, availability & online booking||Telephone 0345 498 6602 for help, more information & booking - lines open until 10pm.|