west view cottage, upper hackney, nr matlock, derbyshire peak district
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN255) (click here for map)
up to 4
- Enjoying a prime position on the very fringe of the town of Matlock, this restored 2 bedroom self catering holiday cottage lives up to its name with lovely views across the Derwent Valley in the Derbyshire Peak District. The accommodation interior combines sophisticated contemporary comfort and artistic style whilst retaining the proportions of the original Victorian building.
- Sitting room with wood-burning stove. Dining room/kitchen with range. Utility room. Shower room/WC. First floor: Double bedroom with 5’ bed. Twin bedded room (zip and link, can be 6’ double by arr) with TV/DVD. Bathroom/WC (shower over bath).
Facilities at this self catering holiday cottage accommodation in Derbyshire:
- Kitchen with range, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, washing machine
- Linen (duvets), towels, electricity all included. Gas central heating included May-Sep (other dates, £25pw or £15 per short break)
- Logs at cost, 1st supply foc
- TV (Satellite), DVD player, Radio/CD player, wifi internet access
- Travel cot & highchair available if required
- Parking, Cycle store, Garden with patio and furniture
- Pet friendly cottage - 1 small well-behaved dog. No smoking
- There are many restaurants in Matlock, 1 mile, and some excellent takeaways. The Peak Rail Steam Train is 1 mile away. Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall are 5 miles away and the attractions of Heights of Abraham, Crich Tramway Museum, Carsington Lake and the High Peak Trail (with cycle hire) are all within easy reach. Bakewell is 8 miles, Buxton is 20 miles and Alton Towers is within an hour’s drive. Golf 2 miles. Riding 10 miles. Shop and pub 0.5 miles.
What to do whilst on your holiday in the Derbyshire area & Peak District:
- For many of those staying in our holiday cottages in Derbyshire, the main appeal of the county will be the unspoilt scenery of the Peak District, in the north of the county. However, there are many other attractions waiting for you in this varied region.
- Derbyshire boasts a number of fine country houses, including Chatsworth House & Gardens, one of our finest stately homes with a magnificent chapel, not to mention an impressive water cascade and the towering plume of the Emperor Fountain. And Hardwick Hall in Doe Lea is one of England’s finest Elizabethan houses, with an amazing frontage of tall windows. Bolsover Castle, dating from the 12th Century, is also well worth a visit during one of our Derby cottage holidays.
- The city of Derby has some excellent shopping and the Cathedral is famous for its impressive tower. If you’re in a ghoulish mood, pay a visit to Derby Gaol, a popular visitor attraction based in the old dungeons of Derby County Gaol. Afterwards, why not take a stroll in Derby Arboretum, England’s first public park, or take a look around Pickford’s House, a marvellous example of 18th Century architecture.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this self catering accommodation in Derbyshire by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".