hall farm cottages, wetton, derbyshire peak district
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN074) (click here for map)
up to 12 in total
- Hall Farm Wetton offers self catering holiday cottage accommodation in the heart of the Peak District National Park and makes an excellent value and fun family holiday. On the farm we have an indoor playbarn as well as lots of space, swings and climbing frame and we are very close to loads of family holiday attractions including:
- 20 mins to Alton Towers
- Leek & Ashbourne (20 mins) both have public swimming pools & sports centres
- Matlock with Gullivers Kingdom etc is 30 mins away
- Waterworld at Stoke is 40 mins away
- Museum of Childhood in Sudbury is just 30 mins away
- We have 3 delightful stone built cottages set in two acres of paddock land and beautiful gardens and surrounded by peaceful open countryside with magnificent views of the Manifold Valley and Thors cave. The cottages provide comfortable self-catering accommodation sleeping 3, 4 and 5 or a combination of up to 12. With the Manifold Valley on the doorstep and Dovedale only a few minutes away, this is the ideal location for anyone who enjoys walking, cycling, climbing, fishing or wildflowers. This is some of the finest scenery in the country!
- We are located on the edge of Wetton, a tranquil village nestling at the foot of the Wetton Hills with 3 small working farms, a fine inn serving a selection of beers and good pub food and a 14th century church with its six bells founded in six different centuries. The village also has a playing field with swings, climbing frame and zip wire.
- Each cottage provides open plan living with two bedrooms and a bathroom. The bathrooms have a bath with an electric shower, wash basin, w.c. and a heated towel rail. The cottages are well equipped with: Full size cooker, fridge, microwave, colour TV and video, radio/CD player, hair dryer. Towels and bed linen are provided. All electricity included. Cot and high chair are available on request. Grindon is a single story cottage sleeping up to 3. Thors and Manifold are adjacent and sleep 5 and 4. Short breaks and special offers available.
- The facilities include a large outside playing area, a patio, picnic areas and BBQ's. There is an indoor games room with table tennis, play stations, childrens' snooker, table football, games, books, videos and childrens toys. There is a shared utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer, a well stocked fridge freezer and a selection of emergency provisions e.g. local eggs, milk, bread. There is ample off-road parking and a dry secure bike store.
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of these self catering holiday cottages in the Peak District by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- 3 family holiday recommendations, average rating 5 out of 5
Best rating: 5 out of 5
Worst rating 4 out of 5
- We booked all three cottages for our annual family holiday The welcome we received was warm and genuine All cottages were clean and very comfortable, the trust larder was a nice touch and came in very useful We all had dinner at the local which was a short five minute walk away, the food was good quality and reasonably priced with friendly staff and locals. Despite a very wet week we never ran out of things to do with six children between six and sixteen. The barn was full of games and things for the children to do and provided welcome space for them to let off a bit of steam We would certainly return. Rating 4 out of 5, George, stayed May 2013.
- Brilliant long weekend. Cottage, clean, tastefully furnished and decorated. Views, walks and wildlife are stunning Ian and Christine very friendly and treated us like family. Rating 5 out of 5, John & Cilla, Apr 2012.
- The cottages were perfectly clean. The first year we went, we took our own bedding as have stayed in cottages before and had uncomfortable nights due to old linen. But Christine and Ian have most definitely gone for quality. The cottage couldn't have been any cleaner or fresher. It was a home from home experience. The views are spectacular and so peaceful. The evenings were lovely. Barbeques on the patio whilst the children kept busy with so many toys in the barn. Our days were filled as Hall Farm is so close to so many different places of interest. I loved the historical places whilst the kids enjoyed Alton Towers. We have never felt to relaxed after a holiday. Rating 5 out of 5, Caron.