holidays in england - southern areas & around the south coast
- Whether it is a visit to Windsor Castle or Legoland! or going to Cowes week on the Isle of Wight, or further east with the beaches of Eastbourne, the excitement of London or the Isle of Sheppey in the north, we are sure that you will have fabulous holidays in England. Click on the following links to visit some of the more famous tourist attractions in the area:
- Sussex in the south of England is perfect for watersports, fishing, sailing, bird-watching and walking with the rolling South Downs and plenty of National Trust homes and gardens also nearby. Shoreham Beach is popular for activities such as swimming, windsurfing and kitesurfing, and is also ideally located for walking on the Sussex Downs. There are amazing views along the coast and towns worthy of a visit whilst on holiday include Brighton in the East and Worthing to the West. Vibrant Brighton, with its excellent shopping including The Lanes, opulent Royal Pavilion, Sea Life Centre, marina, museums, theatres, galleries, bars and restaurants. Historic Arundel Castle, Glyndebourne, Newhaven with day trips to France, Chichester, Goodwood or Fontwell races, Worthing, Lewes and Gatwick are all within easy reach.
- Kent on the south of England coast offers plenty of holiday ideas. The coastal town of Whitstable and the cathedral city of Canterbury are popular tourist destinations. The area of the north downs is classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, also known as the Garden of England and this speaks for itself. This is a perfect location for a family gathering to celebrate a special milestone or just to get together for a relaxing summer break.
- Hampshire & the New Forest in the south of England provides easy access from the M3 and M25, so if you are after a short break from London this might be the ideal holiday county for you. The beautiful scenery and over a hundred acres of National Trust wood and heathland could be your ideal place to relax on holiday.
- Below is a summary of the holidays in England - South coast & southern counties that we feature - many have family friendly facilities such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too! To find your family holidays in England just click on the accommodation name for further details, or click on the markers on the interactive map below.
- If you have any other places to recommend in the South of England then please click on "Make a Holiday Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own property as a family holiday destination then please click on "Advertise my holiday cottage on Recommended Family Holidays".
Useful holiday blog postings for the south of England
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in southern England:
- Beach holidays on the south coast of England for families - there's snow outside at the moment so what could be better than thinking about that precious summer holiday with the kids this year? Why not consider the south coast of England for a family break? We have found you some great options in Kent, Sussex, Hampshire & Brighton, so read on by clicking here ...
- Book your Summer holiday now - Let's face it, in January we all need something to look forward to after the busy Christmas & New Year break so why not book your Summer 2015 holiday now? My holiday partners are offering the best deals at this time of year so why not take a look ...
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
|New Forest Cottage, Burley, Hampshire||3 beds||2||Village||YY||YYN||NY||YN||NY||YN||from £828/wk||Short breaks, 5*|
|Luxury Manor Farmhouse, Milstead, Kent, SE England||10 beds||3||Village||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£3,260- £6,058/wk||Sleeps 18
|Oakdene Forest, Hampshire, New Forest||2-4 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£189-719/wk||Short breaks, hot tubs, lodges & caravans, kids club|
|Hoburne Bashley Caravan Park, New Forest||2-4 beds||1||New Forest||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||Static Caravans Indoor & outdoor pools|
|Kent caravan holidays, Romney, Isle of Sheppey, Dymchurch, Whistable||2-4 beds||Coast||NY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||Caravans & camping. Indoor & outdoor pools|
|Sussex caravan holidays, Hastings, Rye, Chichester & Winchelsea||2-4 beds||Coast||NY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||Static Caravans Indoor & outdoor pools|
|Hampshire Caravan Park, South Coast of England||2-4 beds||Coast||NY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||Static Caravans Outdoor pool, tennis, sailing|
|Hoburne Naish, Hampshire, South Coast of England||2-4 beds||1||Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YN||YY||Luxury lodge, static caravans, indoor & outdoor pools|
|LEGOLAND® Holidays, Windsor, South of England||Short breaks, park access, hotel with pool|
|Edgeley Country Park Holiday Lodges, Guildford, Surrey||2 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£269-809/wk||Short breaks, log cabins|
|THORPE PARK holidays, Surrey, South of England||Short breaks, park access, hotel with pool|
|Chessington Holidays, Greater London||Short breaks, park access, hotel with pool|
map of holiday accommodation in the south of england
View Holidays in England in a larger map