macdonald hotels uk - family friendly hotels in the south of england
Hotel Accommodation Summary (HO33)
|from 2 up
- Whether it's a traditional coaching inn overlooking a peaceful lake or a contemporary hotel in a bustling city centre, each of our 45 Macdonald Hotels across the UK has its very own individual charm and character. What's more, from Scotland to the South of England, each and every one is run by real hoteliers with the genuine passion and experience to make your stay the best it can be. Serious about our food, we make it our dedication to serving only the highest quality food that makes us different.
- Below is a list of the hotels in England from Macdonald Hotels - click on the highlighted hotel name to go directly to the information for that particular family friendly hotel (click here to go to the Scotland hotels). Please note that Macdonald's "family fun" hotels signify that they are particularly child friendly:
Family Friendly Hotels in London & the South of England
- Hotels in Ascot: Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa 4* - contemporary hotel minutes from Royal Windsor, close to LEGOLAND. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Bath: Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel 5* - luxury city centre hotel with award winning restaurant, indoor pool, gym, hydropool, whirlpool & Thermal Suite
- Hotels in Camberley; Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa 4* - country house hotel, close to LEGOLAND, Windsor & Ascot. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Cambridgeshire: The Haycock Hotel 3* - 16th century coaching inn close to Peterborough, award winning restaurant in the village of Wandsford
- Hotels in Hemel Hempstead: The Bobsleigh Hotel 3* - country hotel in a village location, close to Whipsnade Zoo, pet friendly hotel. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Kent: Eastwell Manor 4* - country manor house hotel with spa & leisure facilities
- Hotels in London: Royal Garden Hotel 5* - ideally located in Kensington close to the museums & attractions, with luxury spa & stunning views across London's skyline
- Hotels in Marlow: Macdonald Compleat Angler 4* - riverside hotel with 2 award winning restaurants in Buckinghamshire
- Hotels in Newbury: Donnington Grove Hotel & Country Club - set in the heart of Newbury with par 72 golf course onsite, just 34 luxurious bedrooms.
- Hotels in Oxford: Macdonald Randolph Hotel 5* - leading 5 star hotel in Oxford in the heart of the city with award winning restaurant & famous Morse Bar.
- Hotels in Southampton: Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Spa 4* - set in Hampshire countryside with tennis, Championship golf course, indoor pool & spa. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in the New Forest Hampshire: Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort 3* - on the stunning Solent Coast with indoor & outdoor seasonal pool. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Windsor: Macdonald Windsor Hotel 4* - townhouse just 2 mins walk from Windsor Castle. Classed as "family fun" hotel; Savill Court Hotel & Spa 4* - traditional country house hotel near Windsor & Heathrow Airport next to Windsor Great Park
- Hotels in Woodstock, Oxfordshire: Macdonald Bear Hotel 4* - historic country house hotel with 54 bedrooms & award winning restaurant.
Family Friendly Hotels in the North of England
- Hotels in Chester: Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel 4*- country house hotel with indoor pool, spa & classed as "family fun" hotel with activities; Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel 4* - historic hotel in a listed building in city centre close to Chester races; Macdonald Portal Hotel & Spa 4* - luxury countryside hotel with award winning restaurant, indoor pool, spa, 3 golf courses
- Hotels in Manchester: Macdonald Manchester Hotel & Spa 4* - luxury modern hotel in city centre location; Macdonald Townhouse Hotel 4* - stylish boutique hotel in Grade II listed building in the city centre, ideal for shopping in Manchester city centre
- Hotels in North Yorkshire: Gisborough Hall Hotel 4* - historic country house hotel on the edge of the North York Moors ideal cycling or walking holiday
- Hotels in Northumberland: Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club 4* - 18th century manor house with indoor pool, spa & 18 hole golf course. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Shropshire: Macdonald Hill Valley Spa, Hotel & Golf 4* - stylish country club with 2 golf courses. Classed as "family fun" hotel near Chester, Market Drayton & Shrewsbury.
- Hotels in Wigan: Macdonald Kilhey Court 4* - Victorian Country House Hotel close to Manchester, Liverpool, Bolton & Wigan. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Preston: Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel 3* - riverside setting, close to M6, Blackpool, Lake District, Poulton-le-Fylde & Yorkshire Dales
- Hotels in Bolton: Egerton House Hotel 3* - award winning Victorian house hotel in Lancashire
- Hotels in Warrington: The Lymm Hotel 3* - picturesque village location in the heart of Cheshire. Classed as "family fun" hotel, close to Tatton Hall & Park, Beeston Castle & Knowsley Safari Park
Family Friendly Hotels in the Lake District
- Hotels in Windermere: Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa 4* - set on the shores of Lake Winderemere with stunning views. Classed as "family fun" hotel
- Hotels in Ullswater: Macdonald Leeming House 4* - with direct access to the shores of Ullswater & stunning views of the Lake District
- Hotels in Grassmere: Swan Hotel 3* - cosy & relaxing hotel, ideal for cyclists & walkers. Classed as "family fun" hotel with 38 en-suite bedrooms.
Family Friendly Hotels in the Midlands
- Hotels in Birmingham: Macdonald Burlington Hotel 4* - set in the traditional heart of Birmingham city, close to the shops. Classed as "family fun" hotel.
- Hotels in Coventry: Macdonald Antsy Hall 4* - historic country house hotel close to Warwick Castle, Cadbury's World, Stratford-upon-Avon in the heart of Shakespeare country.
- Hotels in Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare Country: Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel 4* - 5 mins walk to the city centre with traditional Tudor house charm. Classed as "family fun" hotel; Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel 4* - 17th century townhouse on the banks of the River Avon. Classed as "family fun" hotel
Useful holiday blog postings for the south of England
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in southern England:
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this family friendly hotel by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".