new forest cottage, burley, new forest, hampshire, south of england
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN133) (click here for map)
up to 6
- Set in a forested and tranquil area on the edge of the popular village of Burley within the New Forest National Park in Hampshire, these luxury self catering holiday cottages form part of the owner’s grand house, has its own entrance and parking, and is accessed by a forest road. The holiday cottages have direct access to the forest next to an Iron Age fort and is within short walking distance of panoramic views of the forest - a scenic picnic site. Pet friendly holiday cottages, rated 5 star with 3 bedrooms each.
- The village centre, ¾ mile, has pubs, tea rooms, village store and is an ideal place for enjoying the New Forest. The unspoilt forest and heathland with wandering ponies and cattle is what makes the New Forest famous. Miles of beautiful walks are available, or alternatively the surrounding area can be explored by car or on bicycle via the many cycle paths - discovering some of the appealing villages, towns, attractions and gardens such as Lyndhurst, the sailing town of Lymington (with ferry terminal to the Isle of Wight), Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the riverside village of Bucklers Hard. The county of Hampshire itself was enjoyed by Jane Austen with her house and museum in Chawton and her resting place in Winchester Cathedral. Further afield but well worth a trip is Monkey World and the Tank Museum near Wool. The coastline with its Blue Flag beaches at Bournemouth and Poole is within a short drive, with golden beaches and has many popular activities such as windsurfing, boating and swimming. Shops and pub ¾ mile.
Luxury holiday cottages in the New Forest:
- Forest Cottage (3 bedrooms, sleeps 6, pet friendly): Large living room with oak floor. Large well-equipped farmhouse-style kitchen/dining room with tiled floor. Separate toilet. First floor: Oak floor throughout. Two double bedrooms. Twin bedroom. Bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet. Outside there is an enclosed garden with barbecue. Cottage Reference: DAAO
- The Stables (3 bedrooms, sleeps 6, pet friendly): Living room with tiled floor. Large, well-equipped kitchen with dining area. Double bedroom with four-poster bed. Large double bedroom with sloping ceiling and oak floor. Twin bedroom. Bathroom with separate shower cubicle and toilet. Separate toilet. Outside there is an enclosed gravel courtyard with covered seating area & furniture. Cottage Reference: DAAP
Facilities at this luxury self catering accommodation in the New Forest, Hampshire:
- Electricity, full oil Central Heating, bed linen and towels included
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Freeview TV, DVD
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Fridge Freezer, Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer
- Parking (for 3 cars)
- Shared secure cycle store on request
- Pets free of charge
- No smoking
Useful holiday blog postings for the south of England
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in southern England:
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
reviews made directly to recommended family holidays
- Please send us a review of this self catering cottage in Hampshire by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
Reviews from the Cottages.com website
- Lovely location surrounded by magic forest with plenty of old oak trees, ponies roaming about and birdsongs filling the air. Easy access to various sites of interest for all the family. Amongst the beaches we particularly loved Avon beach near Christchirch where the river meets the sea, but it is frequented by families with children so if you seek isolation go east where the coast is more rocky. Enjoy!
- A lovely property, nicely presented, comfortable and very clean. Well equipped and safe for small children. Peaceful location and perfect for exploring the New Forest. Welcoming owner who had provided upon arrival fresh flowers, chocolates and wine. Even produced a large box of Lego for my son to play with. Would definitely recommend this property.
- Lovely cottage, very clean and well-equipped, especially the kitchen. Appliances modern and effective. Lots of extra thoughtful touches that made the cottage most welcoming. Very quiet and peaceful location, and excellent base for exploring the New Forest and further afield.