manor farmhouse holiday cottages, milstead, kent, south east england
- These luxury self catering cottages comprises of three buildings available for self-catering family holidays for large family groups of up to 18 people. The main farmhouse sleeps 7, stable cottage sleeps 6 and The Barn sleeps 5 guests. This also contains the leisure complex that consists of a billiard room, a library and a sauna. On the first floor is a cinema room seating 18 with a large flat screen surround sound TV, DVD, CD, Laser Disc, VCR, Stereo. There is an outdoor heated swimming pool set within a sunken walled garden (heated between 1 May and 30 September). The property has beautifully landscaped gardens with a water feature and views to the village cricket pitch and adjacent orchards.
- This Kent Farmhouse is situated in the midst of the charming village of Milstead, nestled between the Church of St Mary and the Holy Cross, the Manor House and the village cricket green. Only three miles from the town of Sittingbourne. Faversham is close by and a little further takes you to the popular coastal town of Whitstable and the cathedral city of Canterbury. This area of the north downs which is classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, also known as the Garden of England. This is a perfect location for a family gathering to celebrate a special milestone or just to get together for a relaxing summer break.
The accommodation available is as follows and all have central heating and TV:
- Main Farmhouse: is a traditional 15th Century thatched timber framed property with 3 double bedrooms, 1 single sleeping 7 guests. The drawing room and dining room have solid oak flooring and exposed beams. There are two fireplaces in the drawing room and a woodburning stove in the dining room. The kitchen is well equipped including a dishwasher and all 3 bedrooms, one ensuite and a family bathroom are upstairs.
- Stable Cottage: has 3 double bedrooms,sleeping 6 guests. Vaulted reception area and open plan kitchen/dining area seating 6 and the kitchen is well equipped including a dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Master bedroom with 6' zip and link bed with en suite wet-room, double bedroom with 5' double bed, double bedroom with 5' double bed, bathroom. All bedrooms have French doors that open out on to the wrap round deck.
- The Barn: has 2 double bedrooms and 1 single, sleeping 5 guests. This also contains the leisure complex. On the ground floor: Hall, dining area seating 6. Doors lead to the library which in turn leads to the billiards room. There are two shower/changing rooms, a kitchen/breakfast room with utility area, a double bedroom with 6' zip and link bed with sauna, study with door leading to the deck. Opposite the main reception hall are another set of doors leading to the main decked area with garden furniture. First floor: Double bedroom with 5' double bed, single bedroom with 3'4'' single bed, bathroom with jacuzzi bath. Cinema room seating 18. The kitchen is well-equipped including a washing machine, dryer and dishwasher.
- Please note that we only take bookings from family groups i.e. relatives or families with children - no all adult groups please
- I think the following blog postings might be of use if you are looking for a family holiday in southern England:
- Beach holidays on the south coast of England for families - there's snow outside at the moment so what could be better than thinking about that precious summer holiday with the kids this year? Why not consider the south coast of England for a family break? We have found you some great options in Kent, Sussex, Hampshire & Brighton, so read on by clicking here ...
- Book your Summer holiday now - Let's face it, in January we all need something to look forward to after the busy Christmas & New Year break so why not book your Summer 2015 holiday now? My holiday partners are offering the best deals at this time of year so why not take a look ...
- Click here to read other articles in our travel blog.
- Click here to check availability of the luxury Manor Farmhouse Holiday Cottages in Kent
- Please send us a review of this luxury holiday cottage in Kent by clicking: "Make a Family Holiday Recommendation".
- The Brazill Family from UK: I wanted to send this earlier, but have been thrown back into the reality of work, washing , shopping and everyday life. However, I just wanted to let you know that we all had a lovely time last weekend at the farmhouse. I couldn't have asked for more on such a special weekend; family, old friends and the most beautiful place to host my entry into Saga'ism. I absolutely loved every minute and the thing that made it all possible was that we were staying in such a wonderful house and location. I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of staying at your beautiful house again sometime in the near future.
- Mr A Oughton & Party from London: Beautiful accommodation and grounds. Wonderful weekend had by all, loved just enjoying the Manor Farmhouse grounds and chilling in the respective cottages. Many many thanks..
- P Mann & Party from UK: Had a fantastic time with friends for my 40th lovely warm pool, fantastic welcome hamper, Great house
- The Russells & Kirks from New York & Baltimore: Sorry to leave you, we were 4 generations. We were all comfortable and had a wonderful time.
- Mrs V Shaw and Party from Hertfordshire: We, all 18 of us enjoyed a wonderful few days. Accommodate, just as we expected-first class. Pool wonderfully warm as was the welcome. Hope to come again
- Mrs P Brown from London: Wonderful family weekend away for 16 people. Teenagers loved the billiards room, cinema and sauna. All loved the cosy yet special living and dining rooms...thanks you.
- The Williams Family from London: Hi Philip. I rented this house last month from the 16th and we loved it so much that we would like to book the same week again for next year. Anyway, I hope it will be possible for us to come again. We found the house and location worked very well for us, and the pool was wonderful. Best wishes, Susannah
- The Brown Party from Essex: Dear Phillip, Kay and myself wished to say thank you for allowing us to spend the most wonderful weekend with our family at Manor Farmhouse, memories of which will stay with us all. We would also recommend Josephine for catering, the food was excellent, the service equal to it. Thank you for looking after us, and all the very best wishes to you.
- The Sanford Party from London: I am finally getting back to normal after all the birthday excitement - and now getting ready for a holiday. We had a wonderful time at the Manor Farmhouse - it more than lived up to the splendid pictures and descriptions on the website. We weren't so lucky with the weather, but the space is great! It was lovely to be able to sit down to eat together and the country around there is beautiful. Everything we wanted it to be in terms of space and facilities. The Whitstable catering co were very good indeed - in spite of what felt like insurmountable dietary issues with different members of the family we had an excellent meal. I was really impressed with how quickly Joyce responded to our call about the shower. It was a shame it couldn't be fixed, but it was nice to have a prompt visit so we did feel that she cared.
- Sylvia Park from London: We were a group of 12 family and friends, we booked the Manor Farmhouse for 4 nights as we were attending a wedding nearby. It was a great success and we all loved the house. Having the accommodation split over 3 buildings was great as it meant we weren't all on top of each other. We took it in turns to make the meals and had a great time chilling in the snooker room or lounging in the cinema room watching movies. It was out of season so we didn't have use of the swimming pool but it really didn't matter as we just liked hanging out in a great environment. We liked it so much we're thinking of making it an annual event! Thank you to Philip who was very helpful and made the whole booking process effortless. Thanks also to Joyce who was very helpful on check in and check out. See you next time!
- The Bala & Mahendran Families from London, UK; Melbourne, Australia & LA, USA: Just returned from our week at Manor Farmhouse, and what a wonderful week we had. My whole family had a really enjoyable time. We weren't really there for visiting places, but more for just spending time together - and boy did it meet our expectations. Log fires, plenty of food and playing games --- all great fun ! Mum let me know that you had kindly asked Joyce to pick up a wok for us, in preparation for our week - thank you ! ... Needless to say, we used it - a lot !
- Alison Mungle from Essex: For the second year in a row we stayed at Manor Farmhouse for a corporate event - and again were delighted with our choice. It is ideal for creating a relaxed and informal setting for meetings and team building. It really has that feeling of home away from home. Everything you could need is there. With the house and 2 barns - easy for 3 teams to cook a course each for the final dinner...great way of getting to know your collegues in great surroundings. As an aside luxury showers and less big baths would make it absolute perfection. A big thank you Philip and hopefully we will be there next year. Happy Christmas to you and Joyce
- The Coffee Party from London: Philip, just a quick note to let you know how much we enjoyed our weekend at Manor Farmhouse. The property is gorgeous with plenty of room for everyone I hope to return soon!
- The Dowd Party from London: We all had a lovely time at your house. My whole family said the week was one of the best we have ever had. They even said we should make it an annual event!
- The Iredale Party from Canterbury: We also wanted to thank you for a wonderful weekend at the Manor farmhouse - we had a fantastic time and have all agreed we should come back again. On Saturday the rain stayed off and we had a BBQ on the large patio area in the sunshine and on Sunday we spent most of the day in the pool. The house exceeded all of our expectations.
- The Conner Party from London: Just wanted to say what a wonderful time we all had at Manor Farmhouse! Beautiful setting and beautiful homes. We were very impressed with the hampers and the food in the fridges! The bacon was VERY good! Thanks also to Elaine who was very helfpul when we arrived and again on departure. She was a credit to you. I'm sure you will be hearing from us again in the future...
- The Williams Family from London: Our weekend at Manor Farmhouse was really enjoyable, all the family agreed. Thank you once again for helping to make our week-end so special.
- The Eglinton Party from London: Had a fantastic weekend for a 40th celebration birthday with family. Great place, beautiful scenery, fantastic experience.
- The Fernandos: We had an amazing time and we all feel in love with the manor farmhouse. We would love to book again for either a weekend or week in the summer.
- The Doshi Party from London: I would like to say thank you for letting us use your beautiful farmhouse! We had a lovely weekend and the house exceeded all expectations. The hamper and the breakfast goods were much appreciated. If you could also pass my thanks onto Joyce who helped us in planning our journey home - she managed to cut the journey time in half with her friendly advice. I will definitely be recommending the house for future weekends away.
- TripAdvisor member: I stayed here with my family in-law in December for a special birthday weekend. Let me just say the pictures although fantastic do not do the place justice, it's truly a stunning house with equally stunning out buildings. There were 8 adults, 4 teenagers and 1 child, so plenty of rooms to suit everyone, the entertainment room in one of the barns kept the teenagers happy with their PlayStation games etc and the snooker room kept the adults entertained for hrs. we even all had a great game of hide and seek throughout all 3 houses which went on for hrs too, great fun for all involved due to the so many nooks and cranny's available for hiding places. We hired in caterers for my father in-laws birthday meal which was such a great idea as it took away the stress of there being too 'many cooks' in one kitchen and gave us quality time to spend together instead of stressing over a big meal. The dining room was the perfect size to fit us all comfortably and is so cozy with it's open log fire. There is also plenty of bathrooms to accommodate everyone, but my only gripe would be that they need more showers rather than so many baths as we were having to share those (not at the same time obviously) The house comes fully quipped with everything you need, from crockery and glasses to pots, pans and large serving dishes, you really don't have to take a thing with you. The guy that greeted us and showed us around was very helpful and left us a number to contact him if there were any problems. I cannot stress how lovely this place is and we'd love to go back one day, maybe in the summer months to take advantage of their beautiful gardens, pool and BBQ area's, I'd recommend it to everyone.
- IKEA Corporate Event from London: We had a fantastic time in the Manor Farmhouse - a great venue for a corporate meeting!
- The Rippington Family from Solihull: Happy New Year. I just wanted to say we throughly enjoyed our break at the Manor farmhouse over New Year. You have a beautiful property.
- The Butler party from London: We had a fantastic time at Manor Farmhouse thank you, it was all we expected and more! It was the perfect place for the celebration and our every need was met! Everyone was just so overwhelmed with the property it has made some really special memories for us all. Many Thanks Philip - I'm sure there will be a booking again from us in the future!!
- The Goring Party from Kent: Just a quick mail to say that we really enjoyed our stay at Manor Farmhouse a couple of weekend?s ago?We were so lucky with the weather, who would have thought 27C all weekend at the start of October!
- The Brownsdon Family from Isle of Man: Just arrived back in the Isle of Man after following our weekend break with a couple of weeks in Turkey - but just to say what a fantastic weekend we had at the Manor Farmhouse - it was perfect for us all & all the family loved it! Joyce was very helpful & she & her husband were very good babysitters on the Saturday! The properties are gorgeous & we had lovely excursions to Canterbury, Whistable & Leeds Castle! We would recommend a pub nearby called 'The Dirty Habit' in Hollingbourne - delicious food & they do have a private dining room should any of your other visitors be interested! All in all an amazing weekend. Thank you for all your help in organising it & making it a great success
- The Dossetter Party from London: I hope that you?re well. We very much enjoyed our stay at Manor Farmhouse last weekend.
- The Wollley Party from London: Do hope you are well. Just to say thank you for a lovely weekend. The Farmhouse was beautiful and everything was just perfect!
- The Morris Party from London: Thanks for accommodating us. We had a great time at a truly fantastic property. It?s rare to find a place of such quality and with so many amenities which can accommodate so many in such a location - it ticks all the boxes. We particularly liked the huge decking area overlooking the lovely garden where we barbequed in the sunshine. We plan to be back sometime.
- The Payne Party from Surrey: Just to let you know that we had a very pleasant stay at the Manor Farmhouse last weekend. The accomodation was very comfortable and clean and the pool was very inviting.
- The Supple Family from Dublin, Ireland: We all enjoyed our time in the Manor Farmhouse. Thank you.The farmhouse is wonderful and the children were well able to amuse themselves having finished their meal while the adults ate. ....everything about the houses is delightful and I would not be surprised if you were approached by one or other of our children to rent it again
- Ms E.V. and party from London: Dear Philip, Just wanted to say a huge thank you. Everyone had a lovely time and and loved the venue. Many have said that they want to do it again next year. It is beautifully decorated and we had a truly amazing weekend. Thank you
- Four Families, The S... - M.... - B....s - G....s from UK: We were celebrating a diamond wedding anniversary a PHD and an engagement, 18 of us at maximum - all finding the 3 houses incredibly well equipped beds so comfortable duvet and pillows a luxury! Ages ranging from 13 to 87 and we had a great time. An incredibly well equipped house with everything in immaculate condition all in a beautifully cultivated setting. The interior warmth was very welcome in contrast to the chilly breeze outside. Beds were conducive to deep untroubled slumber, and all the rooms were most stylishly equipped - all most intriguing in sum producing a delightful holiday. Beautiful buildings and lovely gardens. We had a lovely few days with all the family, we would love to come back again soon.
- Mr & Mrs B from France: Dear Mr Flanagan, Thank you for the use of your property. It has a very nice ambiance. The amenities have been well thought out. All of our group was very comfortable and happy to be there. Best wishes to you for the new year.
- Mr M.C from London: Just an email to say what a wonderful weekend we had at your house. What a beautiful place, which far exceeded our expectations. Everything was in order and I will be telling anyone who is looking at going away about it. The only suggestion I have is, perhaps taking a few more photos for your brochure, as I didn?t think it did the place much justice, but that?s only a thought. I will be in touch if we ever head back down to Kent again. Thanks again
- Ms H.B from London: Many thanks Philip. Yes we had a wonderful stay last weekend it made my 30th birthday a very happy and memorable occasion. It was just terribly hard leaving on such a glorious, sunny Sunday - we would have loved to have stayed longer!
- Ms L.A from London: Thank you for the rental of your lovely house. Everyone loved the venue, it was absolutely perfect and there were so many nice touches to the rooms and house that it made our stay very homely and comfortable.
- Mr & Mrs F. from London: We would just like to thank you for making my 50th birthday celebrations a most memorable occassion, it was fantastic to be able to get all my family in one place and what a place! We hope to be back again soon for the next family get together, maybe Christmas...well done.
- Mr & Mrs A.Z from London: We had a fantastic break, great property in an idyllic location...we hope to return again next year.
Holiday Cottage Accommodation Summary (EN019) (click here for map)
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bathrooms||Pets||RFH rating||Other facilities||Price Guide|
up to 18
|Click to visit owner's website for more info, availability & online booking||Philip on 01822 611179 or 07710 912571, please mention RFH||Email owner by clicking on icon|
Useful holiday blog postings for the south of England
Contact the owner directly via the form or click to book online
For up to date holiday availability, please click link below
Make an enquiry DIRECT to the owner of this holiday cottage.