yorkshire holiday cottages, parks & lodges, ne england
- Yorkshire holiday cottages covers the Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors & National Parks whereas North East England covers Northumberland, Durham, Tyne & Wear and Cleveland - click here to go to Northumberland Holiday Cottages page. There are two national parks in Yorkshire - Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors, not to mention the beautiful City of York. As such a popular destination, the accommodation and attractions are very family friendly.
- Yorkshire is well worth choosing as your holiday destination. There are a multitude of pretty market towns plenty of historic interest & not to mention the ragged coastline. Walking and cycling in the stunning scenery is a given but you could always try something a little different. The majestic steam locomotives of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR), as filmed in Harry Potter, pass slowly through the countryside providing great entertainment for children - young & old! The north east of England is largely undiscovered as a family holiday destination and can be highly recommended - family activities are available all over the area regardless of what the weather brings!
- The North Yorkshire Moors & National Park has award winning sandy beaches and dramatic clifftop walks, stately homes and picture postcard villages, gentle countryside and heather clad moors, lively seaside resorts and havens for wildlife. Whitby on the coast was recently vote the UK's favourite seaside resort but there is also plenty to offer at the family friendly seaside resorts of Scarborough, Bridlington & Filey. Inland you can travel through "Heartbeat" country by steam railway from Whitby to Pickering - the Gateway to the Moors.
- The Vale of York around the City of York has lush, fertile countryside, pretty market towns and a treasure trove of historic interest. York is rich in history including the magnificent York Minster cathedral, the superbly preserved York city walls that you can walk around and tourist attractions such as Jorvik viking centre and the National Railway Museum. North of the City of York you reach James Herriot country & at Thirsk you can visit the popular World of James Herriot. Castle Howard, famous for the setting of Brideshead Revisited, is certainly well worth a visit as is Eden Camp for an evocative insight into civilian life during the Second World War.
- The Yorkshire Dales is famous for its fantastic rock formations, flower rich meadows, open moorland and lush valleys threaded with tumbling rivers. It is the landscape that inspired the Bronte sisters to write so many of their wonderful books. It is classic walking country & can be crossed by the Pennine Way with spectular waterfalls & dramatic scenery such as the famous Brimham Rocks & Malham Cove. There are also delightful towns worth a visit such as Skipton & Ripon but for those perhaps more adventurous types, head for the white knuckle rides & family attractions of the Lightwater Valley Theme Park. Finally there is the spa town of Harrogate in this region & perhaps suprisingly you will find Alan Titchmarsh's favourite public garden in Harrogate too.
- Below is a summary of the Yorkshire holiday cottages & lodges feature - many have family friendly facilities such as babysitting, kids club, baby equipment, DVD players, games rooms and swimming pools to keep all of the children occupied whilst you enjoy your holiday too! To find your family holiday in Yorkshire just click on the accommodation name for further details, or use the interactive map below by clicking on the markers.
- If you have any other places to recommend in Yorkshire then please click on "Make a Holiday Recommendation" to send us a review, or if you would like to advertise your own cottage as a family holiday destination then please click on "Advertise my holiday cottage on Recommended Family Holidays".
|Wharfedale Cottages, Yorkshire Dales||1-3 beds||8||Rural National Park||YY||YYN||YN||YN||NY||YY||£289-973/wk||Short breaks, disabled access|
|Brimham Rocks Cottages, Harrogate, Yorkshire Dales||1-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||YY||YN||NY||YY||£375-935/wk||Short breaks, disabled friendly, hot tub|
|The Bay, Filey, Yorkshire Coast||1-4 beds||Coast||YY||YYY||YY||YN||YY||YY||£229-729/wk||Short breaks, beach access, tennis, fishing|
|Dacre Lakeside Lodges, Driffield, Yorkshire||1-3 beds||Lakeside Coast||YY||YYY||NN||NY||YY||YN||£389-£935/wk||Short breaks, hot tubs, fishing|
|Ribblesdale Lodges, Ribble Valley, Yorkshire Dales||1-3 beds||Rural||YY||YYY||NN||YN||YY||YY||£404-1,580/wk||Short breaks, hot tubs, luxury|
|Captain Cook's Haven, Whitby, North Yorkshire||2-3 beds||Rural Coast||YY||YYN||YY||YN||NY||YY||£260-729/wk||Short breaks, disabled friendly|
|Griffon Forest Lodges, Vale of York||1-3 beds||Woodland||YY||YYY||NN||YN||NY||YY||£585-1,035/wk||Short breaks, hot tubs|
map of accommodation in yorkshire
View Yorkshire Holiday Cottages in a larger map